Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honcho vs Nemesis Limited only

Wiseguy724

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lroy said:

Had no issues stock. When I switched to Grams Spring/Follower I began to have problems.

Would turn into a saltshaker when loading. I've let them sit loaded for a week or so and it seemed to have clear things up, mostly. 

I thought of trying factory follower and spring with the plus one base pad. If the spring is strong enough it may be the most reliable even though sacrificing one additional round.

I have an Atlas Titan and STI Edge (both in 9mm).  Both guns work with stock MBX, stock STI gen 2 mags, and my old tuned STI gen 1 mags.  The tuned MBX mags that came with the titan work perfectly as well but they hold 2 more rounds than the stock MBX mags, which is super nice. 

59 minutes ago, farinx said:

The tuned MBX mags that came with the titan work perfectly as well but they hold 2 more rounds than the stock MBX mags, which is super nice. 

I find this hard to believe.  What capacity are you getting in each mag?

On 1/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, Leftylivesmatter said:

Why do mags from Atlas have to be tuned? 

because they are STI gen2 mags, which have a tendency to nose-dive with 4-6 rounds or so left in the magazine (about the point where the follower hits the control rib). MBX mags don't seem to do that as much, but we had a batch of mbx springs that was awfully weak, and we started getting feed issues after a month or so, and mbx was like "bummer, we think they are strong enough."  was able to rectify the problem finally by using tti springs with the mbx followers in the mbx mags. The guns run great now (I haven't had a malfunction in 10k or so rounds), but between the atlas feed ramp profile and the dodgy mbx springs and the less efficient shape of the sti gen2 mags, it was pretty annoying to spend a couple months figuring it all out.

I will say that dealing with Adam and the crew at Atlas was a pleasure tho. Very helpful and responsive.

Edited by motosapiens

18 hours ago, Balakay said:

I find this hard to believe.  What capacity are you getting in each mag?

The tuned mags I got from atlas are MBX with the locking followers and hold 22 rounds of 9mm - the stock MBX mags with locking followers hold 20 rounds.  I was surprised that there was a difference as well.  

48 minutes ago, farinx said:

The tuned mags I got from atlas are MBX with the locking followers and hold 22 rounds of 9mm - the stock MBX mags with locking followers hold 20 rounds.  I was surprised that there was a difference as well.  

Strange. My stock MBX mags (nonlocking) hold 24R23. Wouldn't expect to lose that much capacity from a locking follower

1 minute ago, Balakay said:

Strange. My stock MBX mags (nonlocking) hold 24R23. Wouldn't expect to lose that much capacity from a locking follower

I have one stock MBX mag with a non-locking follower and can only get 22 in it.  I might be able to get 23 in but don't think it'd be "reloadable"

• 1 year later...

Bringing this one back from the dead...

To get back to the original question of the OP, has anyone else here actually done a side by side comparison of the Honcho against a Nemesis. After reading this thread, it looks like only one person has actually compared the two. Anyone else here have first hand experience with both guns???

I own a honcho, but ive borrowed a friend's nemesis. Difference was neglibable to me. Maybe if I had one in each hand and really tried to split hairs I could find pros and cons, but who cares at that point.

The advantage is with the honcho I can shoot limited, open, or 9mm. I'm obviously biased, but the f*#king thing does everything.

Edited by lroy

7 hours ago, lroy said:

The advantage is with the honcho I can shoot limited, open, or 9mm. I'm obviously biased, but the f*#king thing does everything.

I saw his videos. It is definitely a  F.  machine😀😂

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 3:53 PM, Hperea said:

I agree with you..you are correct but with Atlas I am getting as many as I want..paid for and I know that those mags will be tuned to my gun with no issues.  Honchos you do not get mags so you have to buy them and tune them...I  guess is an even but at least I know that Atlas did it an anything I can send them back and they fix it.

Remember that 2011 are great guns but they are famous for being magazine "selective"...if you know what I mean.

Just my lil bit of experience with the mags from atlas. I shot a2 with a guy who had a brand new chaos. Got it Two or three days before match with all atlas tuned mags. 

got to chrono and his 170 failed gauge. Something I think he should have checked before a major, but also something atlas should have not dropped the ball on. 

I don’t know what the final verdict was on the guys situation, but at a2 they basically told him he is sol. 
hopefully they got it figured out and took care of him 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Hperea said:

I agree with you..you are correct but with Atlas I am getting as many as I want..paid for and I know that those mags will be tuned to my gun with no issues.  Honchos you do not get mags so you have to buy them and tune them...I  guess is an even but at least I know that Atlas did it an anything I can send them back and they fix it.

Remember that 2011 are great guns but they are famous for being magazine "selective"...if you know what I mean.

There is nothing to "tune" on a out of the bag MBX if you are putting it in a Honcho. They run right out of the package.