KTM530XCW

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also looking into what makes these different 
anyone have a side by side pic ?

b8f968fc38128886b0901a9a2695d920.jpg

This is the XL next to an SRO. Which if I’m not mistaken is very close to a Max in size/shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks kujo 
SRO doesn’t look much different then an RTS2?

anyone running an XL 

I’m using the XL. Been great for the couple thousand rounds I’ve had it for so far.

b193b20de13b12181341271cd355748c.jpg

You sticking with it ?

Yes. So far the larger dot hasn’t hurt anything. Optic glass size is slightly less forgiving than the huge Holosun for strong and weak hand only shooting but more dryfire can fix that. since I shoot 9mm major I was getting impact marks on back of Holosun body from ejecting brass. Probably not a malfunction even every thousand rounds, but the smaller size of the XL eliminated that potential issue also of brass hitting optic and getting back into slide.

28 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Yes. So far the larger dot hasn’t hurt anything. Optic glass size is slightly less forgiving than the huge Holosun for strong and weak hand only shooting but more dryfire can fix that. since I shoot 9mm major I was getting impact marks on back of Holosun body from ejecting brass. Probably not a malfunction even every thousand rounds, but the smaller size of the XL eliminated that potential issue also of brass hitting optic and getting back into slide.

Great info thanks 

My XL has been great.  I just shot a match where both days we started out looking at the sun over the back berm and it didn’t faze me at all.  One stage I could barely see the target but I could see my dot.  Only 2 thousand rounds through it so far but it’s has definitely been worth the switch for me out here in the desert.  Now we just hope they hold up.

22 hours ago, lacivilian said:

Anyone have both the XL and the Max and can compare the two directly? Which do you prefer?

I do,  after running them both on Open and PCC I. Prefer the XL on the Open and Max on PCC.

The bezel on the Max seems smaller (thinner) and the XL has more field of view in the glass/bezel.