Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

1 hour ago, jt1207 said:

I liked this one paragraph assessment better than 90% of the "unboxing" or "first shots" videos on youtube. 

Thanks.  I wrote one on the a01 when it came out.  I’ll post my shooting impressions after I’ve put some rounds down range.  I need to go to the indoor range as I live in Illinois and windchills have been in the negative 30s plus.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/24/2022 at 5:55 PM, Timido said:

Friend bought one and they are doing a review of it soon

Awaiting review.  👍Hopefully the pen won't break while writing and he won't find another pen because it was the last pen in New York. And it's impossible to go get another one because the van's water pump still doesn't work😉

If you are on the "CZ-USA Owners Group" Facebook page, Milos Klacko from Armory Craft just posted a compatibility guide for the DWX for his stuff. I'll share his text, but you'll have to fo there for pics:

"Heard a few comments from some folks that they like the DWX, but are not too crazy about the stock bright red grips. Took a bunch of CZ parts home from the shop to see what works and what doesn't work.

Although they state on Dan Wesson website that 'CZ grips fit', things are not as straight forward as I wished.

DW website:

"The DWX can utilize standard grips from a CZ 75. Corresponding magwells for the 75 series are compatible as well. With so many ways to tune and customize, the DWX is sure to shine!"

This is what I found: 

- regular lenght (so called Long) aluminum CZ factory grips fit fine.

- the screws on DW are shorter and a different thread pitch vs CZ factory (shaking my head as to *why??*)

- DW screws will grab the factory aluminum grips, but are too short for LOK grips and possibly other aftermarket grips. Good news is that it took me only about 5 minutes to modify the LOK g10 grips and the screws grabbed the frame just fine.

- of the 3 factory CZ magwells (75, SH2, CM/TS/TSO) only the widest TS magwell fits.

- unfortunately the standard CZ factory *short grips for magwells* will not fit as the holes do not align (see the picture) when the magwell is used. We are talking less than 1mm!! My guess is that the DW frame is less than 1mm shorter vs standard lenght 75/SH2/TS frame, because the *short* grips are just a hair too long. Again SMH!!! You can see pics here where I used the factory TS magwell with factory short grips but unfortunately I was not able to use the screws....just pushed the grips in as forward as I could. Therefore, if you will want to use a magwell, you will need custom *DWX short grips* that are 1mm shorter vs. the standard lenght of CZ *short grips for magwell*. This is dumb and disappointing!.....but we will have them available very soon.

- Armory Craft (and I'm sure other companies) P10/P09 Plus-2, Plus-4 base pads for magwells or Plus-2 (non-magwell) work just fine.

In the end, this is a great gun and I cannot wait to start tweaking it, as I mentioned in my other post. 

Our future plans include a threaded bull barrel as well as a compensator that will be nicely visually matching with the slide and the 'long dust cover' of the frame."

Edited by moose97

12 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

They sure as hell have USPSA divisions where they fit. 

Same as the DWX. Limited shooting 9mm. Which everyone makes fun of. Hell, you can't even type A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want on this forum.

Edited by moose97

3 hours ago, moose97 said:

I am not a big USPSA shooter at all. And when I do its mostly production (SP01).  The few times I shot miner (SP01 SAO) in other categories that sucked 😆 🤣.  To shoot all As I definitely went slower than with a .45 (don't have anything in. 40)

Math is math the bigger hole the better.  

Moose is on point. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Math is math.  If you can score more points than a major PF shooter in the same time or if you can score the same points faster, then you beat him.

But that would mean putting in the work. 

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm saying that for 99% of shooters - i.e., almost everyone not names Nils - its a severe disadvantage. Whoever feels like doing it as a challenge, good on 'em. However, it seems like an unnecessary handicap for the vast majority. 

4 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Math is math.  If you can score more points than a major PF shooter in the same time or if you can score the same points faster, then you beat him.

So there's no disadvantage if you overcome the disadvantage that isn't there. Got it!

All these people buying the DWX, and no pictures!?! What in the wide world of sports is goin on here? 

Pictures, or you don't really have one.  

55 minutes ago, mkmckinley said:

They should just make A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want its own class, so people who want to shoot a limited style gun but not dick around with .40 can be scored against other minor shooters. 

Let's have 50 divisions so every whiner can get their way!

On 12/26/2022 at 12:50 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

The problem isn't the 

A's you shoot but the C's. Everyone focuses on how and a is an a, but regular people just can't shoot less C and in a faster time. It's soo rare amongst the regular Joe at local matches.( I know you know this)