Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 steel grips

Drbruce

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always ran Evo grips. I just put an LSI grip on a frame, the texture is perfect, it fit perfect. Quick measurements say it is about .03 wider but about .03 shorter (front to back) it does feel a little “blockier” than an evo.
48f9a8ad72bbd24669bfd7cde6eda746.jpg8732d24e86c75b72aab70f4b0cd4042f.jpg9a0b87e47cb55c4573e686bcbe687444.jpge95f11c15689f0c6afd544021c79059f.jpgc1c2e5c8ed3e9cb513a76812fcbe9464.jpge399982f5460133f969fd5075e519a76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2019 at 5:27 AM, MJinPA said:

I fondled them all over the past year and the LSI outlaw felt the best to me. The fact that Glenn cuts them to your frame dimensions is a really nice bonus. I installed mine yesterday expecting to do some minor fitting but it slid right on with ZERO play. Only problem is that it makes the rest of my gun look like poo. 856a638120eba159ca8a2d1f1ad35047.jpg

What magwell did you settle on for your LSI grip?   

Did you find the brass magwell, plus the steel LSI grip to be too heavy?   I have the limcat brass magwell that i was using previously on my stock STI grip, but I'm wondering if the SS version might be the best balance of weight and performance.  

On 12/6/2019 at 6:07 PM, Nickb45 said:

I have always ran Evo grips. I just put an LSI grip on a frame, the texture is perfect, it fit perfect. Quick measurements say it is about .03 wider but about .03 shorter (front to back) it does feel a little “blockier” than an evo.
48f9a8ad72bbd24669bfd7cde6eda746.jpg8732d24e86c75b72aab70f4b0cd4042f.jpg9a0b87e47cb55c4573e686bcbe687444.jpge95f11c15689f0c6afd544021c79059f.jpgc1c2e5c8ed3e9cb513a76812fcbe9464.jpge399982f5460133f969fd5075e519a76.jpg

Is that the "standard" (not aggressive) texture on the LSI? 

Did you find the brass magwell, plus the steel LSI grip to be too heavy?   I have the limcat brass magwell that i was using previously on my stock STI grip, but I'm wondering if the SS version might be the best balance of weight and performance.  

No. Not sure what it weighs but seems about perfect to me.

13 minutes ago, AZ123456 said:

Is that the "standard" (not aggressive) texture on the LSI? 

You might be confusing the LSI with PT Evo.  The Evo grip is offered in standard, aggressive and extra aggressive textures.  As far as I know, LSI only offers 1 texture.

• 1 month later...

Quick question for the group...I have relative large hands.  I own a PT EVO and a Cheely E2 Aggressive.  With practice I have gotten used to and appreciate the PT EVO, but the Cheely E2 Aggressive I feel is a more natural feel to my grip getting higher on the gun. 

How does the LSI Outlaw Grip compare to both of these?  Which one the LSI is more similar too if any?

Edited by cperazza

The LSI grip is like pure sex in your hand.  You can make it aggressive or extra aggressive.  Slightly larger front to back and in width than the EVO and almost perfect profile for my hands.  The front "undercut" on the grip face makes it very easy and natural to get a tight shooting grip.  Just call and talk to Glenn.  

The LSI grip is like pure sex in your hand.  You can make it aggressive or extra aggressive.  Slightly larger front to back and in width than the EVO and almost perfect profile for my hands.  The front "undercut" on the grip face makes it very easy and natural to get a tight shooting grip.  Just call and talk to Glenn.  
Wherever you're putting said grip is totally your business [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just got finished fitting my LSI grip. Ergonomics are outstanding and the grippiness is perfect for me. Can't imagine going much more aggressive myself.

Since Glenn cuts them to your frame dimension fitting was a breeze. Only thing I had to do was lower the top of the inner grip bushing blocks to fully seat the grip. Going to take it out to my range today to give it a test run.

I can't say enough good things about Glenn @ LoneStar.... great service, GREAT product and really serving a niche in our community.

k7jbaZL.jpg

Am going to do some grip safety to frame blending this weekend and will be using the Caswell stainless blackening kit to match the safety to the frame.

C3Fwcg2.jpg

The outlaw (left) is SS and the PT (right) is AI. Both are gippy, but I'm liking the LSI for the moment, however with C19 shutting down the local matches, I haven't had a lot of trigger time behind either pistol. 

IMG_1168.thumb.JPG.914865f0a26ffd2a9e470605da949a1b.JPG

Edited by muncie21

Got most of the blending of the beavertail to the frame done. I don't love the splotchiness that I got on the stainless blackening, looked more even prior to wiping down. But should be pretty easy fix. I also had some hot spots on the atlas thumb safeties as my hands don't have a lot of meat and are pretty bony in the knuckles. So I contoured those a little better. Ran about 50 rounds through it just doing some testing yesterday before any blending. With the front strap undercut you can really get a high and solid grip on the pistol. Makes quite a bit of difference in my opinion and this grip just feels so natural.

4ux8Ess.jpg

kUUbPQa.jpg

Update:

Was able to get a much more even finish on the beavertail. FYI if you are inclined to use the caswell stainless black don't wipe it down or rinse. Scrape it off with a card then apply oil. Matches the STI bluing perfectly.

kGAqKhI.jpg

RdQScho.jpg

TdwD1se.jpg

Edited by forty5cal1911
Update

Really digging the undercut on the LSI grip right beneath the trigger guard! Has anyone found themselves opposed to this particular feature ergonomically? I havn't got a chance to hold an LSI yet, but I'm thinking this is what I'd go with for a future custom build.

Edited by kamber

3 hours ago, kamber said:

Really digging the undercut on the LSI grip right beneath the trigger guard! Has anyone found themselves opposed to this particular feature ergonomically? I havn't got a chance to hold an LSI yet, but I'm thinking this is what I'd go with for a future custom build.

I can't think of any negative associated with the under cut. Fits my hand like a glove. 

Sorry, couldn’t rotate pic...The chrome gun has the PT EVO, black Bedell gun has LSI. LSI grip feels more natural for me as the PT is a little “blocky” feeling. My only complaint about the LSI is it chews the s#!t out of my pinky and ring fingers of my dominant hand, I need to take a stone and knock some edges down a hair but until I do that I’ve put a couple wraps of cloth tape around the bottom and it did the trick.

64D750B8-A95F-489D-BA25-D85BDC1B1B99.jpeg.cd688993ff07ebe95ad7673fad761245.jpeg