Nemesis or Titan

IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It may not matter to you, but I shoot a Titan just in case I decide to shoot an IPSC match. I wish that PT would come out with a magwell that would go on the evo and work with IPSC though.
I recall reading that they were working on something for IPSC. It may have been a comment on social media. I'm going to see if I can find that again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, af_tt said:

I recall reading that they were working on something for IPSC. It may have been a comment on social media. I'm going to see if I can find that again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

they have answer about this .

The IPSC Model will be released soon 😊

the sight block system is legal now from 1.2020 😲

it  can save the salary  of few mech.eng. from development dep.  honcho can sent me one gun present  as a bonus 😀

I have had a chance to shoot both the Titan, Nemesis and PT Honcho.  I will give my opinion.  I own the Titan and borrowed the Nemesis and Honcho to compare.

If money was no option I would choose the Nemesis.   I felt the sight block helped get the front sight back down and returned to zero a little quicker.  This in turn helped speed up my times.  With that being said I have my Titian running well for me and have found the load that works in my gun. 

I was also fortunate to shoot a honcho side by side with the other two.  With the new race shop being open and PT putting out their Honcho with the sightblock its a great deal at 3k.  Even though this had the sightblock I was faster with my Titan.  I don’t think the PT slide to frame fit is as good as the Atlas’s either.  I also felt as though the barrel in both Atlas’s were better fit to the gun than the PT’s.  The PT’s barrel and sight block felt a little sloppy.  

So if I was going into this test blind and had never shot any of these pistols I would’ve chosen the Nemesis.  Since money is a variable and I can’t afford it that would’ve left the option of the Honcho and Titan.  Of these two I would stick with what I have as I feel the Titan is a better pistol. 

On 10/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, Pcew73 said:

I have had a chance to shoot both the Titan, Nemesis and PT Honcho.  I will give my opinion.  I own the Titan and borrowed the Nemesis and Honcho to compare.

If money was no option I would choose the Nemesis.   I felt the sight block helped get the front sight back down and returned to zero a little quicker.  This in turn helped speed up my times.  With that being said I have my Titian running well for me and have found the load that works in my gun. 

I was also fortunate to shoot a honcho side by side with the other two.  With the new race shop being open and PT putting out their Honcho with the sightblock its a great deal at 3k.  Even though this had the sightblock I was faster with my Titan.  I don’t think the PT slide to frame fit is as good as the Atlas’s either.  I also felt as though the barrel in both Atlas’s were better fit to the gun than the PT’s.  The PT’s barrel and sight block felt a little sloppy.  

So if I was going into this test blind and had never shot any of these pistols I would’ve chosen the Nemesis.  Since money is a variable and I can’t afford it that would’ve left the option of the Honcho and Titan.  Of these two I would stick with what I have as I feel the Titan is a better pistol. 

How was the sight block barrel in the nemesis compared to the honcho? I was able to borrow someone's and it does feel fairly loose compared to a bull or bushing barrel, but I'm not too familiar with the system and if it's that way intentionally. Was the nemesis pretty tight?

33 minutes ago, lroy said:

How was the sight block barrel in the nemesis compared to the honcho? I was able to borrow someone's and it does feel fairly loose compared to a bull or bushing barrel, but I'm not too familiar with the system and if it's that way intentionally. Was the nemesis pretty tight?

The sight block barrel fit in the Nemesis was quite a bit tighter than the Honcho.  I felt that everything on the Nemesis was fitted better and tighter than the Honcho.  

Edited by Pcew73

21 hours ago, Pcew73 said:

The sight block barrel fit in the Nemesis was quite a bit tighter than the Honcho.  I felt that everything on the Nemesis was fitted better and tighter than the Honcho.  

Can you elaborate on how you checked this?

On 10/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, rojo1911 said:

It may not matter to you, but I shoot a Titan just in case I decide to shoot an IPSC match. I wish that PT would come out with a magwell that would go on the evo and work with IPSC though.

There is an IPSC Legal model in the works! Stay tuned for more details! :)

Having held and shot Atlas Guns, SVIs, STIs, Hayes, Honchos,....the fitment of parts and slide fit on the Honcho is on par with Hayes, Atlas, and SVI. No wobble, moves like it’s on wet glass, and clean finished edges with no tooling marks on the slide or slide cuts. The finish work on the Honchos I’ve held has surpassed any Atlas gun I’ve held to date, is is comparable to my Hayes pistol.

Barrel fitment is not comparable, as it’s a linkless system that feels and functions completely differently. Atlas uses PT frames and Evo grips, but opt for different safeties that may alter how the gun feels in the hand from person to person.

1 hour ago, EaZeNuTZ33 said:

Barrel fitment is not comparable, as it’s a linkless system that feels and functions completely differently. Atlas uses PT frames and Evo grips, but opt for different safeties that may alter how the gun feels in the hand from person to person.

I am curious about this. I've see a honcho compared to a nemesis, and there is a significant amount of wobble ( barrel wise) on the honcho vs almost none in the nemesis.

You're saying the link less barrel makes this a non issue?

2 hours ago, MVPFc said:

Can you elaborate on how you checked this?

This. 

I've probably handled as many Honchos as anyone here (besides MVPFc) and not one of them had any perceivable slide/frame vertical or lateral wiggle. The barrel/to slide fits are some of the best I've seen, and extremely repeatable due to PT's machining ability, and the Honcho tech design. 

2 minutes ago, lroy said:

I am curious about this. I've see a honcho compared to a nemesis, and there is a significant amount of wobble ( barrel wise) on the honcho vs almost none in the nemesis.

You're saying the link less barrel makes this a non issue?

Wobble when? When the gun is locked up? 

I find that hard to believe. I have two Honchos in front of me, both have been shot a lot, and neither has ANY perceivable barrel "wobble" in lockup. 

3 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

Wobble when? When the gun is locked up? 

I find that hard to believe. I have two Honchos in front of me, both have been shot a lot, and neither has ANY perceivable barrel "wobble" in lockup. 

It was with the slide locked back.

Lol. Well, it's entirely possible that I am a doofus. I'm just stating what I saw. The nem had no movement of the barrel with the slide locked and the honcho had a fair amount. I'm just not sure why one would be tight and the other loose? The impression I'm getting from you both are that it doesn't make a difference, so I'll go with that.

31 minutes ago, lroy said:

Lol. Well, it's entirely possible that I am a doofus. I'm just stating what I saw. The nem had no movement of the barrel with the slide locked and the honcho had a fair amount. I'm just not sure why one would be tight and the other loose? The impression I'm getting from you both are that it doesn't make a difference, so I'll go with that.

You'd be correct. With the linkless system, you have a squared rear portion of the barrel that has more surface area to lock up when the slide closes forward (when it's important), the squared portion passes through the front of the slide during disassembly and needs clearance. 

Your comparison is the equivalent of saying that rounds will not stay in a revolver's cylinder when you tested the cylinder removed from the gun and holding it upside down like a blizzard at Dairy Queen. 

50 minutes ago, lroy said:

When a firearm is fired the barrel and slide both move from Lock Up. The barrel moves to allow the slide to clear. Due to the design of the Honcho it will move more than a linked barrel in slide lock since it has a larger, single barrel lug that the slide has to clear. But both barrel designs should move in slide lock.

The most important relative “check” is the movement or radial twist while the barrel and slide are in Lock Up. There should not be any movement here as the round has not yet been fired. This Lock Up is the foundation for accuracy. I can assure you that the Honcho locks up tighter than Fort Knox in this position.

Check out the PT FB page for a video that was posted on this recently.

I hope this helps!

Tiffany

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I'm gonna sell my chaos and go back to limited, after owning an Atlas I'm gonna stick with them. I just have a hard time justifying the extra 1k$+ for a sigh block gun

Let's be real, I'm a low A shooter in open. Pretty solid B in limited. Is that extra $ really worth it? I'm a hobby shooter that just has alot of fun in this racket. 

I've shot a nemesis briefly, maybe 20 rounds. Felt great, but I've never shot a Titan. My last limited gun was a 6" so I've never put a ton of rounds through a 5" limited gun to begin with. 

Any experiences y'all might be able to share would be appreciated! 

6" limited guns are very soft.  I love the Nemesis and will own one some day.  The theory behind a site block gun is good but how many GM's do you see shooting them?  I like Adams theory better on returning to zero.  nemesis looks way cooler then a titan but the cash is the difference in my opinion.