Cheely E2 Aggressive Grip

taxil343

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for future reference, I asked Cheely which DAA insert would work best, and within 2 minutes of sending my email, Matt responded. He confirmed that the SVI Steel insert would work best 99% of the time. He also mentioned that on a the rare occasion, some minor modifications to the insert may be required.

Great customer service from Cheely!

1 hour ago, BigBamBoo said:

Anyone know if the E2 will work with Everglades holster?

It will not.  You can insert it and the ball detent engages, but you cannot lock it in the trigger guard is a hair too long.  I don't know if the holster or the trigger guard could me modified to make it work.  I only got to try it at a safe table with another shooters holster.  Matt was unaware of the Everglades holster, so he was not able to help.  Too bad.  I really wanted one.  My e2 will function in a DAA STI block, but not ideally.  The SVI Steel block is better, but a little tight side-to-side.  That's an easy fix.

Just received the steel agressive and couldn’t be more pleased. It is as aggressive as my original PT. I wasn’t a fan of the EVO but like this shape. This grip is a must try.

I use the sv one . And I love the original e2 . Plan on swapping to the aggressive on this gun and then replacing the legacy cheely grip on my backup with this “old” e2 . Honestly the original e2 is plenty grippy especially over the legacy. Curious to see how the aggressive feels . 

FA3D5007-C369-4205-8445-353A571AE21B.jpeg

13 hours ago, zzt said:

It will not.  You can insert it and the ball detent engages, but you cannot lock it in the trigger guard is a hair too long.  I don't know if the holster or the trigger guard could me modified to make it work.  I only got to try it at a safe table with another shooters holster.  Matt was unaware of the Everglades holster, so he was not able to help.  Too bad.  I really wanted one.  My e2 will function in a DAA STI block, but not ideally.  The SVI Steel block is better, but a little tight side-to-side.  That's an easy fix.

Thank you. Good to have some hands on input.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:45 PM, jnr88 said:

Just received the steel agressive and couldn’t be more pleased. It is as aggressive as my original PT. I wasn’t a fan of the EVO but like this shape. This grip is a must try. 

What's the difference in shape between the EVO and the E2?  It's hard to tell by photos and they look fairly similar to me.  Just curious.

The are fairly similar.  The EVO is the larger grip, and although it has rounded edges, it feels squarer in my hand.  The e2  lets you get your hand a little farther in and higher.  I really think it has more to do with the size and shape of your hand.  The e2 feels like it was made just for me.  The EVO didn't. YMMV.

15 hours ago, zzt said:

The are fairly similar.  The EVO is the larger grip, and although it has rounded edges, it feels squarer in my hand.  The e2  lets you get your hand a little farther in and higher.  I really think it has more to do with the size and shape of your hand.  The e2 feels like it was made just for me.  The EVO didn't. YMMV. 

Okay, thanks.  I'll likely move to a 2011 (from a Czechmate) at some point, so I was just curious.  Kind of sucks that the E2 won't fit the Everglades MRH though.  I'd really like to move to that holster.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, clw42 said:

What's the difference in shape between the EVO and the E2?  It's hard to tell by photos and they look fairly similar to me.  Just curious.

Which one is more aggressive texture? 

On 5/9/2019 at 8:55 AM, clw42 said:

Kind of sucks that the E2 won't fit the Everglades MRH though.  I'd really like to move to that holster.

Update.  I was shooting with a guy using the original Universal Shooting Academy holster.  This is the holster that Everglades recreated.  My e2 grip locked fine in the USA holster.  I wrote to Everglades and they said they had tested the Cheely grip and they fit.  I ordered one.  Steve said it probably would fit, but if not to let him know and he would look into modifications to make it fit.  I'll know in less than a week.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

Update.  I was shooting with a guy using the original Universal Shooting Academy holster.  This is the holster that Everglades recreated.  My e2 grip locked fine in the USA holster.  I wrote to Everglades and they said they had tested the Cheely grip and they fit.  I ordered one.  Steve said it probably would fit, but if not to let him know and he would look into modifications to make it fit.  I'll know in less than a week.

That's awesome!  He also mentioned in his Vendor section that he would look into fitting the CZ TS and CM.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:12 PM, zzt said:

Please post an update when you receive it. 

On 5/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, zzt said:

spot on. same experience for me. felt so right, i sold my EVO and got the E2.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:46 PM, BigBamBoo said:

Please post an update when you receive it. 

I received the holster today and the grip will go part way in.  However, it cannot be locked.  Nor that I have the holster in my hand and can see how it works, I think there is an easy fix.  Unfortunately, Steve left for the weekend, so I'll call him on Monday to talk over the mods before I do anything.

Here is what I think is happening.  When I insert one of my STI grips, the arm containing the retaining ball is fully compressed and the lock engages easily.  The top of the holster is a hair breadth away from touching the grip behind the trigger guard.  When I insert the e2 grip, the top of the holster hits the grip behind the trigger guard and it cannot be inserted fully.  The arm does have additional room to move, so I'm pretty sure taking material off the top of the Delrin block will do the trick.  Matt told me he had to do that to some DAA Magnetic blocks to get the grip to latch.

After I talk to Steve, I'll try that and post back if that is the cure.

5 hours ago, zzt said:

I received the holster today and the grip will go part way in.  However, it cannot be locked.  Nor that I have the holster in my hand and can see how it works, I think there is an easy fix.  Unfortunately, Steve left for the weekend, so I'll call him on Monday to talk over the mods before I do anything.

Here is what I think is happening.  When I insert one of my STI grips, the arm containing the retaining ball is fully compressed and the lock engages easily.  The top of the holster is a hair breadth away from touching the grip behind the trigger guard.  When I insert the e2 grip, the top of the holster hits the grip behind the trigger guard and it cannot be inserted fully.  The arm does have additional room to move, so I'm pretty sure taking material off the top of the Delrin block will do the trick.  Matt told me he had to do that to some DAA Magnetic blocks to get the grip to latch.

After I talk to Steve, I'll try that and post back if that is the cure.

Thank you for the update. Please let me/us know what the “fix” is once you know.

Have a good weekend.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, BigBamBoo said:

Thank you for the update. Please let me/us know what the “fix” is once you know.

Steve did not want to make changes without having the grip at the shop.  He told me to file it down until it fit.  He also said if it didn't fit, he'dd take it back for a full refund.

I spent about four minutes filing and trying.  Surprisingly little material had to be removed, and it was not from the top.  The grip hits the holster where the flat and the chamfer meet, so removing some material from that point did the trick.  Attached is a picture.  You do not have to remove that much to get it to work.

100_1217.JPG

On 5/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, zzt said:

I got to hold an Atlas Chaos with the PT Evo grip this weekend.  It felt great, but I could barely reach the mag release.  He didn't have a button on it, so it was just the drilled and tapped mag release.  Thinking the E2 may solve that.  However, he also had the Limcat magwell, and that thing is amazing.  Can't put that on the E2 from what I understand, is that correct?