Cheely E2 Aggressive Grip

taxil343

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love mine.  IMO it has a better shape than the EVO.  It fit perfectly without doing a thing.  A friend called it a cheese grater grip.  It is aggressive, but it doesn't hurt my soft hands.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Good deal. I am really leaning toward getting one for a new gun I’m building for my girlfriend. She likes the size of the E2 better than the Evo since it is a little smaller but prefers the texture of the Evo. Seems like a winner. I didn’t know Cheely was making his own triggers now. 

I know they’re new. Anyone here bought one yet?

Shay had a few of them on his display guns at nationals, I like them. You get real deep in the beavertail on them should be a great helper with consistent and high strong hand placement. Texture is also great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, zzt said:

I love mine.  IMO it has a better shape than the EVO.  It fit perfectly without doing a thing.  A friend called it a cheese grater grip.  It is aggressive, but it doesn't hurt my soft hands.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Same experience for me. highly recommended. I think this grip is going to take a lot of business from PT now that they have an aggressive texture.

Matt told me that all the grip parts are proprietary.  I believe him.  I once tried using a Cheely Mag catch in an STI Open gun and it flat did not work.  BTW, I like his magwell and insert every bit as much as my Dawson Ice.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, geraldskip said:

I really like the profile of the Evo, but I really prefer light guns. 

I tried the Al e2 grip at the Area * Championship and liked it a lot.  I went back and forth about Al or SS.  All my other Open guns have poly grips, so they are nose heavy.  I decided on the SS, and I'm glad I did.  My new gun balances at the back of the trigger guard, right over my weak hand index finger.  Even though it is heavier than my other Open guns, it doesn't feel like it.  Believe it ir not, it actually feels lighter.

12 hours ago, zzt said:

I tried the Al e2 grip at the Area * Championship and liked it a lot.  I went back and forth about Al or SS.  All my other Open guns have poly grips, so they are nose heavy.  I decided on the SS, and I'm glad I did.  My new gun balances at the back of the trigger guard, right over my weak hand index finger.  Even though it is heavier than my other Open guns, it doesn't feel like it.  Believe it ir not, it actually feels lighter.

I think having the weight in the back would

definitely help. I would think the aluminum would do it for me, but it’s hard to say without the grips on hand you know?

A poly grip is 2.8oz.  Al is 4.8oz.  The SS is 12.8 according the Cheely.  The Al grip isn't going to do much for weight redistribution.  You can test this for yourself.  Put a mag in your gun and add bullets to come up to the difference in weight between your grip and the AL e2.  Then do the same for the SS e2.  Even after the extra weight of the SS grip, I still have to take material off the front of the gun to get it to balance where I wanted.

8 hours ago, zzt said:

A poly grip is 2.8oz.  Al is 4.8oz.  The SS is 12.8 according the Cheely.  The Al grip isn't going to do much for weight redistribution.  You can test this for yourself.  Put a mag in your gun and add bullets to come up to the difference in weight between your grip and the AL e2.  Then do the same for the SS e2.  Even after the extra weight of the SS grip, I still have to take material off the front of the gun to get it to balance where I wanted.

Good idea! I’ll try that 

It is about the same as an unmodified STI poly grip with Dawson grip tape surrounding it.  The two feel completely different.  I would never go back to poly.

Modifying a poly grip for better texture, undercut, etc. reduces the size of the grip.  I have one like that, but could never decide which I liked better.  They each have deficiencies.

I had intended to get an EVO grip, until I handled the e2.  

• 2 weeks later...