Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to pin magzines to 10 rounds

highhope

9 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Drill the mag and pop a rivet in the side that stops the follower just before round #11 fits into it, grind it out afterward?

Yep

1/8 rivet, same drill bit gets the rivit out. Aluminum rivet s

That's how most of the Canadian's do it.

I. Use a dowel on the inner plate.

Edited by jcc7x7

They do pin with a plate inside the mag.  I’ve got the  10 round Cali sti mags.- easy cleaning. And if you leave them at a training course one day they will be there the next. Nobody wants them! Lol

Good luck getting the spring and follower out if the pinned mag eats dirt on a stage.  My wife had a few pinned sti mags at the dusty  TPC course, couldn’t get them apart.

Get .5" inch x .125" aluminum flat stock (Home Depot). Drill a .125"ish hole at the rear base of the mag about .400" up. Cut the flat stock to length and drill the same .125" hole .400" up. Install the spring and follower. Install the flat stock with a 4/40 screw and nut. Keep adjusting the length of the flat stock until you get 10 and 1/2 rounds in the mag. Once you get where you are happy, rivet the mag using .125" rivet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, zombywoof said:

Get .5" inch x .125" aluminum flat stock (Home Depot). Drill a .125"ish hole at the rear base of the mag about .400" up. Cut the flat stock to length and drill the same .125" hole .400" up. Install the spring and follower. Install the flat stock with a 4/40 screw and nut. Keep adjusting the length of the flat stock until you get 10 and 1/2 rounds in the mag. Once you get where you are happy, rivet the mag using .125" rivet.

This is the set up I had when U lived in Canada and would travel south with my Open guns, a number of years ago.  could rivets or use shaved down screw heads with the mag tube threaded.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, zzt said:

It is my understanding the conversion to a 10-round mag cannot be reversible.  So pinning or pop riveting won't fly.

I think it may depend on your state, country, planet, or galaxy.  Commiefornia accepts  pop rivet blocked magazines.

Nolan

• 1 month later...