Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in 2011 trigger kit recommendations/experiences


vgdvc
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

Hello. I have an STI 2011 and looking to upgrade the trigger components. Does anyone have a recommendation or experiences to share regarding a drop in kit with good results. Thanks

To my knowledge there is no such thing as truly drop in anything on a 2011. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sarge said:

To my knowledge there is no such thing as truly drop in anything on a 2011. 

I do realize there may be some minor fitting especially regarding thumb safety after sear and hammer geometry angles have been slightly modified. Brazos, Cylinder&Slide ,Extreme, EGW, etc seem to have relatively drop in kits. I'm just wondering what experiences have been out there for any who have tried them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

I have had great luck with the Brazos pro series trigger kit. You will likely need to fit the thumb safety. I’ve personally used 4 and had friends and family use about 5 more. 

Thanks for the reply. What disconnect have you used with the kit? I don't believe they come with one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello. I have an STI 2011 and looking to upgrade the trigger components. Does anyone have a recommendation or experiences to share regarding a drop in kit with good results. Thanks
best kit is EGW ignition kit with Koenig hammer. their hard sear is the best in the industry and with the Colt Sear spring I was able to tune to 1lb 4oz and have a reliable reset every time. Went back up to closer to 2lbs just to allow for the adrenaline rush that can happen after the buzzer goes. I have this kit in 3 guns now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

Thanks for the reply. What disconnect have you used with the kit? I don't believe they come with one

 

I don’t often replace the disco unless it’s acting up or really ugly MIM. Just polish the pad that rests on the trigger bow. I’m not sure I know enough about the disco Besides doing the safety checks to know why replacing one from a decent, modern gun (STI, Dan Wesson)  would be warranted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

best kit is EGW ignition kit with Koenig hammer. their hard sear is the best in the industry and with the Colt Sear spring I was able to tune to 1lb 4oz and have a reliable reset every time. Went back up to closer to 2lbs just to allow for the adrenaline rush that can happen after the buzzer goes. I have this kit in 3 guns now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

Thanks. Did you have modify hammer or sear to fit or was it more of a prepped and drop in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. Did you have modify hammer or sear to fit or was it more of a prepped and drop in?
I didn't cut the sear or hammer at all everything drops in. I did polish the crap outta all the parts with flitz to get them all as close to smooth as glass as possible. I do have an X-line vario trigger that i fitted to my 2011 aluminum grip which further enhances the trigger break and feel. are you running a plastic trigger?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brazo's and Cylinder and Slide are Extreme Engineering parts.  Nowlin's look like Extreme parts.  That's all I have used in my builds for the last 20 years.

 

I don't like the feel of the Koenig hammer and EGW hard sear combo with a 15 lb. mainspring.  That feels mushy to me, not crisp like the Extreme Engineering Ultra Light parts.  YMMV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

I didn't cut the sear or hammer at all everything drops in. I did polish the crap outta all the parts with flitz to get them all as close to smooth as glass as possible. I do have an X-line vario trigger that i fitted to my 2011 aluminum grip which further enhances the trigger break and feel. are you running a plastic trigger?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

I just fit a Vario/Geppert trigger to my Edge in a DVC grip I picked up. So far feels really nice. I may be switching that unit  to another 2011 which I am considering the trigger kit for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve had two Brazos triggers now. One dropped in 100% no fitting needed for my open gun, then the other needed just a little fitting to the lug on the thumb safety for my open gun. Both dropped in right around 1.5lbs. Super crisp pulls. Brazos cuts the angles on the sear and the hammer hooks then put it in a gun and puts the correct amount of tension on the sear spring. Great product. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheSandMan491 said:

I have had great luck with the Brazos pro series trigger kit. You will likely need to fit the thumb safety. 

i have two of these, no complaints.  did require a little filing of the thumb safety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2019 at 6:45 AM, Jfitz427 said:

I’ve had two Brazos triggers now. One dropped in 100% no fitting needed for my open gun, then the other needed just a little fitting to the lug on the thumb safety for my open gun. Both dropped in right around 1.5lbs. Super crisp pulls. Brazos cuts the angles on the sear and the hammer hooks then put it in a gun and puts the correct amount of tension on the sear spring. Great product. 

Is Brazos the only kit that comes with the angles cut? None of the other kits out there seem to make this claim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AF2010 said:

Is Brazos the only kit that comes with the angles cut? None of the other kits out there seem to make this claim

 

I can confirm the EGW kit does not have the secondary angle cut. Honestly, I have spent a lot of time, money and energy trying to replicate the Brazos kit and have come very close but it's not a perfect match. I can't recommend his kit enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GringoBandito said:

 

I can confirm the EGW kit does not have the secondary angle cut. Honestly, I have spent a lot of time, money and energy trying to replicate the Brazos kit and have come very close but it's not a perfect match. I can't recommend his kit enough. 

Thanks man.  Looks like Brazos is the winner 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with a trigger job in a bag is although it may be perfect for the frame or fixture they have in the shop, it might not be for your frame

depending on the manufacture tolerances, the hammer and sear hole may not be perfect, I worked on a frame once that the hammer and sear holes were not square and were off set from the left side of the frame to the right

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AF2010 said:

Is Brazos the only kit that comes with the angles cut? None of the other kits out there seem to make this claim

Nowlin claims that the angles are cut on their kit.  I don't know if it's the same as Brazos but if I was going to order one sounds like why mess around, just get the one from Bob at Brazos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rishii said:

The problem with a trigger job in a bag is although it may be perfect for the frame or fixture they have in the shop, it might not be for your frame

depending on the manufacture tolerances, the hammer and sear hole may not be perfect, I worked on a frame once that the hammer and sear holes were not square and were off set from the left side of the frame to the right

 

True. After reading an additional from Bob at Brazos he claims each kit is tested in an STI frame that falls into the average of near perfect and non perfect specs to get a good medium overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...