Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in 2011 trigger kit recommendations/experiences

vgdvc

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the input. I installed an Egw lightened hammer and sear. I polished all contact surfaces and bearly reduced the secondary angle on the sear. I had to peen the existing thumb safety for proper function with the new sear. With a sear spring that has more than sufficient tension for proper reset and 15 pound mainspring I get a consistent 2 lb 4 oz relatively crisp break. With a Dawson extended firing pin I get reliable ignition with Winchester small rifle primers.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, TheSandMan491 said:

I have had great luck with the Brazos pro series trigger kit. You will likely need to fit the thumb safety. I’ve personally used 4 and had friends and family use about 5 more. 

What this guy said. I've bought 4 and they run great in every gun. About 2.5lbs pull without messing with anything. 

6 hours ago, Descartian said:

I’ll be another vote for the Brazos Pro ignition parts. 

Bob knows his triggers. 

i have few  dif. sets.

the ext.e. very good set and few friends from the club use them as it is  2lb trigger pull  ,but i can't call this as  drop in.

i don't use it ,but   if i will have another limited gun  i will install it in this gun.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:56 PM, GringoBandito said:

I can confirm the EGW kit does not have the secondary angle cut.

A long time ago that was the case.  The last three I bought all had secondaries cut.  The only EGW sear without a secondary is their long nose sear, intended to be finished in a TR jig.

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of which combo of parts, the last thing you need to do after all the fitting is put dye on the sear, and cycle the hammer 15-20 times. Take it apart, and confirm both hooks are grabbing the sear evenly. Saw it again today, beautiful crisp sub 2Lbs trigger, only using one side of the sear. Back in the jig 3 times to get it even. As is, it was beautiful, but would not have lasted. Super happy with end result, good luck.

Hey there! Idk if you’re still in the market or not, but Atlas just released a matched sear and hammer set that they tune prior to sale. You have to fit the hammer strut and make sure everything is set right just as mark previously stated, but man is it a nice trigger- like snapping a piece of glass!

best of luck!

8 hours ago, ARac40 said:

Hey there! Idk if you’re still in the market or not, but Atlas just released a matched sear and hammer set that they tune prior to sale. You have to fit the hammer strut and make sure everything is set right just as mark previously stated, but man is it a nice trigger- like snapping a piece of glass!

best of luck!

Thanks for the input. So far I'm pretty happy with the EGW parts I assembled that needed minimal fitting/prepping. I'll have to look at what Atlas is offering for future projects.