Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SIG Optic, Romeo3Max (Michel)

alma

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@thormx538 I have the Romeo 1 6moa on my X5 and after trying multiple micro red dots this is my favorite one! I would not recommend in its stock configuration for anything but competition due to its known lack of duribilty if dropped, but if you do feel like that is a possibility, Sig does make a protective shroud for it as an upgrade. It is the brightest dot I have ever seen, like staring into a laser pointer bright on its highest settings, and the window size is big enough. For the price point you can find them at I reccomend getting one now and enjoying it. We don’t know if Sig will actually have these new Max optics available in July and you may be satisfied with the Romeo 1 for your X5.

Now with that said I will be looking at these new Mac optics for a Open Gun build I am in the process of if they do come out on schedual.

Durability is the key metric. Doesnt really matter what the features are or what it looks like if it busts.

Lets hope she is a robust fcuker :)

But if it ticks the box, Im in for PDO/CO 

On 3/11/2019 at 2:05 AM, Eros said:

@thormx538 I have the Romeo 1 6moa on my X5 and after trying multiple micro red dots this is my favorite one! I would not recommend in its stock configuration for anything but competition due to its known lack of duribilty if dropped, but if you do feel like that is a possibility, Sig does make a protective shroud for it as an upgrade. It is the brightest dot I have ever seen, like staring into a laser pointer bright on its highest settings, and the window size is big enough. For the price point you can find them at I reccomend getting one now and enjoying it. We don’t know if Sig will actually have these new Max optics available in July and you may be satisfied with the Romeo 1 for your X5.

Now with that said I will be looking at these new Mac optics for a Open Gun build I am in the process of if they do come out on schedual.

@Eros

I got antsy and saw the Romeo 1's for sale for $199 and picked one up. I have a 226RX also, so it's nice to have the familiarity of the sight picture. They're both 3MOA but I haven't had a brightness issue yet. A buddy of mine who shoots an RMR was impressed with the window size on the Romeo 1.

12 hours ago, AquaScapes said:

I saw this FB video last week and I am really contemplating on buying one when they come out. I like the huge window. Anyone have any idea on price point?

I heard it’ll probably be a little more than the msrp of the Romeo 3. $450-$475

4 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

You can also check out our FTP Alpha Optics 3 which has many of the same features as the Sig. We have a few left in stock from our last production run and then the next batch will be available in July.

More info can be found in our forum along with pics and a video: FTP Alpha Optics 3

Promote your product elsewhere. This isn’t a discussion about your dot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 9:01 AM, AquaScapes said:

I saw this FB video last week and I am really contemplating on buying one when they come out. I like the huge window. Anyone have any idea on price point?

When I asked yesterday on Instagram, Max said that it’ll be more than an RTS2. I’d say around $450 to maybe even $500 range just because it’s Sig and they like to overprice their optics.

• 4 weeks later...

Any thoughts on this versus the new trijicon SRO? Looks like the window dimensions are similar but the sig is a little wider. SRO fits into the RMR footprint which is nice given the number of slides milled for that pattern.

25 minutes ago, JGT said:

Any thoughts on this versus the new trijicon SRO? Looks like the window dimensions are similar but the sig is a little wider. SRO fits into the RMR footprint which is nice given the number of slides milled for that pattern.

SRO is pretty much same as RTS2.

Romeo Max3 is saying 30mm lens.  C-More slide ride is 29mm.  IMO, a C-More slide ride is much bigger than an RTS2 so I wouldn't say the SRO and Max3 are similar at all.

6 minutes ago, d_striker said:

SRO is pretty much same as RTS2.

Romeo Max3 is saying 30mm lens.  C-More slide ride is 29mm.  IMO, a C-More slide ride is much bigger than an RTS2 so I wouldn't say the SRO and Max3 are similar at all.

Max3 is 30mm wide, not tall. It is 24mm tall.  All marketing in regards to "30mm". 

362AAB34-38EB-496C-8EE6-7605399F82E8.png.8bfb070a3c85bdea5a6084af1ceff18c.png

Edited by echotango

1 minute ago, echotango said:

Max3 is 30mm wide, not tall. It is 24mm tall.  All marketing in regards to "30mm". 

Agreed on the marketing aspect.

However, if I am searching for the dot on a hard lean or SHO/WHO, it's always either right or left.  Not vertical.  I think the 30mm wide will make a noticeable difference over 25mm.  Since I shoot these on a frame mounted Open gun, the dot never leaves the top of the glass.  Could be a different story for a slide mounted dot.  

If I was shooting a slide mounted dot, I would lean more towards durability which only time will tell.  

I would like a MRD with glass the size of a reg c-more. I don't have issues with l/r but up/down on weak hand only shots occasionally(perhaps more than occasionally).  Not sure why these co's can not make them.  Seems they get bigger 1-2mm at a time and that is suppose to be awesome news to us.  

Edited by echotango

Is the R3Max really retailing for $719???  Someone posted a screen shot of an Instagram post from Max in the SRO thread.

Edit-Looking through Max's IG feed, I don't see any reference to $719.

Edited by d_striker

2 hours ago, d_striker said:

Is the R3Max really retailing for $719???  Someone posted a screen shot of an Instagram post from Max in the SRO thread.

Edit-Looking through Max's IG feed, I don't see any reference to $719.

It was the Sigsaueroptics IG page that had the price. 

This optic was a let down for open shooters imo. Looks like a great option for CO guys. The marketing strategy of offering a 30mm window sounded appealing until released that it is only wider not taller. I'll stick with the Holosun 510c until someone makes something better than it.