Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SIG Optic, Romeo3Max (Michel)

alma

New reflex sight that Max has been working on with SIG. 30mm window puts it slightly larger than the classic Cmores. Same mounting as Romeo3 but not as long (slightly longer at the front than RTS2). Super bright. Optimistically shipping in July, '19.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/max-michel-opens-2019-with-a-big-win-for-team-sig-using-romeo3max-open-reflex-sight/#axzz5exl1RUyr

SIG SAUER, Inc. congratulates Team SIG Captain, Max Michel for kicking-off 2019 with a big win in his first match of the competitive shooting season for Team SIG. Michel competed in the 2019 Miami Open held January 11th through January 13th at the Homestead Training Center in Homestead, Florida and claimed first place in the Carry Optics Division.

“This is a great start to the 2019 competition season for Team SIG. Max’s intensity and continued focus on the Carry Optics division is bringing home wins for Team SIG and driving product development,” began Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive VicePresident, Commercial Sales, SIG SAUER, Inc. “Max has been working for years with the design and engineering team at SIG SAUER Electro-Optics to develop a high-performance, competition open reflex carry sight that we’ve named the ROMEO3MAX. This was the first time he competed with the ROMEO3MAX and we couldn’t be more pleased with the results.”

To claim his first place finish at the 2019 Miami Open, Max competed through 12 courses of fire, winning 11 using his P320X5, the newly developed ROMEO3MAX open reflex sight, and SIG SAUER Match Elite Pistol Competition Ammunition.

“The Miami Open was my first time running the ROMEO3MAX and it ran perfectly from start to finish. The sun was brutal in Miami for this competition, and while others had issues with their optics, the ROMEO3MAX performed flawlessly,” added Michel.

The ROMEO3MAX is a compact, open reflex sight featuring a 30mm Max round lens design for superior field-of-view, a special red-notch filter for vivid red dot and unrivaled optical clarity, 6 MOA dot size for rapid target engagement, twelve illumination intensity levels, MOTAC activation, and up to 20,000 hours of runtime. The sight is machined from aircraft grade aluminum in a matte black finish, with a side-loading battery tray, and waterproof (IPX-7 rated).

“We’ve been working with Max for over two years to optimize the design of the ROMEO3MAX reflex sight for competition pistol shooters and USPSA Open Gun Division mount configurations, and we could not be more proud of the result, and his positive feedback the first time running the optic in competition,” said Andy York, President, SIG SAUER Electro-Optics. “The ROMEO3MAX will be shipping July 2019, and congratulations to Max on what I’m sure is the first of many wins for 2019.”

The SIG SAUER Match Elite Pistol Competition Ammunition used by Max Michel in the 2019 Miami Open is available for purchase at sigsauer.com/store.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, funflyr said:

Is the window larger than the RTS2's?  I wonder if Sig has considered a slightly bigger dot (8 or 10 MOA) it would be nice for Steel Challenge.

Much larger window, it is around the same size window of a old C-more but has the small dot footprint.

1 hour ago, lacivilian said:

Much larger window, it is around the same size window of a old C-more but has the small dot footprint.

If that turns out to be true, and it's durable and bright, I'll be replacing a couple of delta point pro dots late this year.

If that turns out to be true, and it's durable and bright, I'll be replacing a couple of delta point pro dots late this year.

I’d hope they up their durability.
Here’s a pic of a Romeo on a duty gun.
(Ofcourse you shouldn’t drop your gun, but...)

498720c511ffcd35d8e81a3c20da903c.jpg

Thats a Romeo 1, the current 3s are more robust, but i haven't drop tested epithet of my 3s but had one r1 replaced under warranty for cracked glass 

Edited by Acsr

13 hours ago, bigbob21 said:

I’d hope they up their durability.
Here’s a pic of a Romeo on a duty gun.
(Ofcourse you shouldn’t drop your gun, but...)

498720c511ffcd35d8e81a3c20da903c.jpg

For competition use I'm not sure what can be done.  Extra protective hoods are always going to obstruct your view.

I like the idea of them being optional or removable as with the 510c and Romeo 1, so people who want the least obstructed sight picture can have it.

Durability of the electronics is still in most need of improvement though.  While some appear anecdotally more likely to last than others, no red dot seems immune from inexplicably biting the dust even after very low round counts.

• 3 weeks later...

What footprint compatibility does the Romeo share? Looks like a great sight, but it is no good if you can only mount it on sig guns. I have never looked at Sig Romeos, but this may be worth a look. I like the 30 mm window.