Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Sight

FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Reflex Sight

The FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Reflex Sight is a competition grade optic built to exacting standards with one of the largest viewing windows on the market. Constructed of high grade aluminum, the optic weighs a scant 41.5 g including the battery. It is waterproof to 2 m and shockproof to 1000 G!

FTP Optics are made by the leading manufacturer in the industry that also produce most of the name brand optics you are familiar with. There is no loss of quality, precision, product testing or durability. You can be assured of fantastic performance without inflated prices.

Featuring a 10 position manually operated soft touch brightness switches, you can set the dot intensity to match your shooting environment. The optic remembers the last brightness intensity and will turn back on at the same level. The FTP Optics Alpha uses a standard and easy to find CR2032 battery which can be changed without dismounting the optic or re-zeroing.

The latest industry electronics feature the ON start circuitry board which assures the sight will not turn off while shooting. A low battery indicator is also programmed on to the circuitry board to notify the user when the battery is low.

Lens

The lens features a optically clearer G-Coat that improves clarity and light transmission while offering superior anti-reflective capaiblities. The lens will appear more clear with less of a blue tone than many of our competitors. The lens is parallax free at 70m. The lens itself is one of the largest in the micro red dot industry which is a huge benefit to competition shooters.

Motion Technology

An exciting feature of the FTP Optics Alpha 3 is the incorporation of a motion sensor that will turn off the optic after 3 minutes if no motion is detected. The same sensor will turn the optic back on as soon as motion is detected at the last brightness level. This is a great feature to help extend battery life!

Elevation & Windage Adjustments

Elevation and windage adjusments are made easily with a click adjustment system that requires no locking screw. The FTP Optics 3 features a wider adjustment range than many micro red dots to allow you to install on a wider variety of firearms.

Dot Size

Dot size is extremely important to competitors for fast target aquisition and visibility in sun light. The FTP Optics Alpha 3 is available with big and bright 6 and 8 MOA dot sizes!

Many other micro red dots on the market are suited to more tactical operations and feature dots that are too small to be optimal for competition shooting. The advantage goes to FTP!

Mounting:

The FTP Alpha Optic 3 will install on standard mounts used for the RTS2TM and Romeo 3 TM. Due to the slightly longer length, you may need to use a mount that does not incorporate a blast shield or modify the mount itself for clearance

The optic includes a removable Picatinny rail mount or can be used in direct mounting application popular on most competition firearms.

Specifications:

Dimensions: (LxWxH): 56.5 x 29 x 32.5 mm

Sight Window: 26 x 21.5mm

Elevation Adjustment Range: 145 MOA @ 100m

Windage Adjustment Range : 95 MOA @ 100m

Glass: Anti-reflective, G-Coat multi-layered coated glass lens is parallax free with 97 % light transmission

Weight: 41.5 g

Battery Life: 320 hours at brightness position 3 at 10 degrees C

You can view more information or order on our web site: FTP Optics Alpha 3

ftp_optic_alpha3_main.jpg.5278b9d61e62a2e549029a6fe2e3da10.jpg

ftp_optic_alpha_3_size_comparison_front.jpg

ftp_optic_size_comparison_through_glass.jpg

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, SSGJohnV said:

These look extremely similar to the Cmore Rts2. What, besides the lens profile, makes them different? I have a very strong feeling these are made in the same factory as the Rts2 and Romeo 3.

The Alpha main differences would be as follows:

1. Larger window

2. Better coating on the glass to superior light transmission (brighter and less reflections)

3. Motion sensors to turn the dot off when not in use and back on when the gun is moved

4. Soft touch buttons for controls

5. Slightly longer profile

6. No need for locking screws on elevation and windage screws which are often a failure point

There are only a few places that make just about all the optics on the market. The differences are what specifications are requested which can dramatically affect the price. For example, a premium lens coating can easily add 35.00 to the price over a base coating.

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally I prefer the 8 MOA for exactly the reason you mentioned about being more visible in bright sunlight. However, you do give up a tiny bit in accuracy on line range partials etc. It is definitely a bit of personal preference.

The glass we use also has a higher light transmission rate than the RTS2 glass.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running one on my open gun for the past 9 months. It has ran perfectly and the larger window and brighter dot are very noticeable. We just got approval to ship these to the U.S in the spring and we only had a few units left after that so not many people in the U.S will have one right now. There are some being run on Open guns in Canada and so far everyone has been happy.

We should have them back in stock next month!

3 hours ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

I have been running one on my open gun for the past 9 months. It has ran perfectly and the larger window and brighter dot are very noticeable. We just got approval to ship these to the U.S in the spring and we only had a few units left after that so not many people in the U.S will have one right now. There are some being run on Open guns in Canada and so far everyone has been happy.

We should have them back in stock next month!

Hiw much bigger are they then the rts? 

19 minutes ago, AWLAZS said:

Hiw much bigger are they then the rts? 

There are pictures in this thread that show the Alpha Optics 2 (which is identical in size to the RT2) compared to the Alpha Optics 3. You can easily see the window is bigger especially in the top area which is where you working with the dot most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took the plunge.  Could not wait any longer for the Romeo max.  About 1100 rounds so far.  Dot is really bright.. I can't turn it up all the way, even in the bright Florida sun.  Indoors,  I use it on lowest setting..  It has held zero even though there is no locking screw.  The adjustment clicks are tactile.  I like the brightness adjustment--similar to the RTS2.

Glass is clear and free of any tint.

I am using on a DoubleTap mount without a blast shield on a V8 Akai.  Glass doesn't get dirty.

Ships from Winnipeg but I had mine in a week.  

So far, I would highly recommend. I am not sponsored by FTP.  

I used an Alpha 2 on my Production Optics Shadow last year, likely around 15,000 rounds I had switched to it after trying a Vortex Viper and Deltapoint Pro, it was a big improvement.  This year I have my second Alpha 2 on an open gun and it is at about 10k rounds for the season and flawless.  If my replacement DVC Open ever arrives I am going to put an Alpha 3 on it as my current gun mount has a blast shield.

1 minute ago, Cam73 said:

Do you have a drawing of the Alpha 3 optic? Interested to know if it is longer off the front or the back (from the mounting screws holes) than the RTS2 or Razor.

Thanks 

It is a little longer in the front (similar to the Sig Romeo 3 Max) so if you have a blast shield on an RTS2 Style mount, it would need to be cut slightly. If you email us at sales@fasttoys.net , we can provide you with a drawing.