Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SIG Optic, Romeo3Max (Michel)

alma

@lacivilian not to mention that on an Open or PCC where you don’t have to reciprocate that big optic... the 510 has other advantages besides it’s giant glass.

Great battery life. ( I leave it turned on all day for matches then change the battery once a year.)

It’s pretty damn durable.

.... and it’s CHEAP!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

This optic was a let down for open shooters imo. Looks like a great option for CO guys. The marketing strategy of offering a 30mm window sounded appealing until released that it is only wider not taller. I'll stick with the Holosun 510c until someone makes something better than it.

I agree.  Funny how it is described as a 30mm window to only find out it is the width. 

3 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@lacivilian not to mention that on an Open or PCC where you don’t have to reciprocate that big optic... the 510 has other advantages besides it’s giant glass.

Great battery life. ( I leave it turned on all day for matches then change the battery once a year.)

It’s pretty damn durable.

.... and it’s CHEAP!

Yes it is honestly incredible. I have seen multiple go for sub $200 recently. If you are running anything else in open or pcc you are only hurting yourself. Sure it looks monstrous but once you use it you'll find it to be the best dot out there regardless of price.

2 minutes ago, echotango said:

I agree.  Funny how it is described as a 30mm window to only find out it is the width. 

Yep. Max pulled a fast one on us. I could care less how wide the optic is as long as it is reasonable. I want height for dot tracking during recoil.

Not sure where some of you saw the price at $720, but they did announce a final MSRP of $599. Maybe $720 CAD?

Anyway, way too overpriced, if you ask me. I’ve been wanting one of those HS510Cs again since I used to have one on my AR, but nobody makes a mount for my Czechmate..

4 hours ago, tacomandood said:

Not sure where some of you saw the price at $720, but they did announce a final MSRP of $599. Maybe $720 CAD?

Anyway, way too overpriced, if you ask me. I’ve been wanting one of those HS510Cs again since I used to have one on my AR, but nobody makes a mount for my Czechmate..

It was on IG

00.png

3 minutes ago, tacomandood said:

I swear I saw it at $599 somewhere, but of course I can’t find it now. Oh well, $720 is even worse and definitely out of the acceptable price range for something like that.

The street price will prob be $500-$550 matching the SRO. 

2 hours ago, TONY BARONE said:

Ira Kay got it right 26 years ago 30mm round lens pick your dot size.

+1

We can land on Jupiter but can't build a durable MRDS with slideride-sized glass and RTS2-sized footprint

10 hours ago, tacomandood said:

Cajun might make you something. Give them a call.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:42 PM, Balakay said:

+1

We can land on Jupiter but can't build a durable MRDS with slideride-sized glass and RTS2-sized footprint

Why hasn't c-more taken their slideride and made it half that size, it looks doable … they could make a killing on sales at the same price. No state side R&D I guess.

They could cut the entire back of it past the dot module off and put modern electronics in it probably increase the battery life by 100x... But that would require new injection molds and design work that would have to be paid for in cost savings or increased price.  Betting they have decided its not worth it.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:26 PM, lacivilian said:

Yes it is honestly incredible. I have seen multiple go for sub $200 recently. If you are running anything else in open or pcc you are only hurting yourself. Sure it looks monstrous but once you use it you'll find it to be the best dot out there regardless of price.

Ay... Got any of them sub $200 deals around?....

20 hours ago, Fo0 said:

what is the difference with this and Sig Romeo3 XL?

This is the first I've heard of the XL.  Looks like it's 1x35.  Can only find one picture and it's from the side.  

NRA-SIG-7-e1556316874762-525x700.jpeg

You can go to Optics Planet and read all about both sights. They list the R3Max and the R3XL both at 629.99.

I will stick with the long battery life, super crisp 3 min dot, fine field of view RE3 for the time being.

Like it so much I just bought another. Now, what to put it on...

(Cue Jeopardy music)

2 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

You can go to Optics Planet and read all about both sights. They list the R3Max and the R3XL both at 629.99.

I will stick with the long battery life, super crisp 3 min dot, fine field of view RE3 for the time being.

Like it so much I just bought another. Now, what to put it on...

(Cue Jeopardy music)

Can you drop the link? I can not find what you are talking about.

2 hours ago, lacivilian said:

Can you drop the link? I can not find what you are talking about.

I found it by searching "Sig Romeo3 XL". The Optics Planet ad runs on the right side.