waktasz

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loaded gun starts...

-- Competitor does not insert a mag or chamber a round. Gun is not loaded per start condition. Repeat MR until gun is loaded, in some compliant manner. Proceed with process and ensure competitor assumes specified start position.

-- Competitor inserts mag, chambers a round, removes the "Barney" mag and places it in their preferred place, and neglects to insert a fresh, loaded magazine. Gun is loaded and complies with the stated start condition. Competitor then assumes specified start position. You as the RO see all of this, but cannot say anything. Move on to AYR and start signal.

--  Competitor inserts mag and does not chamber a round. This complies with the stated start condition. Competitor assumes specified start position. You as the RO see all of this, but cannot say anything. Move on to AYR and start signal.

36 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Loaded gun starts...

-- Competitor does not insert a mag or chamber a round. Gun is not loaded per start condition. Repeat MR until gun is loaded, in some compliant manner. Proceed with process and ensure competitor assumes specified start position.

-- Competitor inserts mag, chambers a round, removes the "Barney" mag and places it in their preferred place, and neglects to insert a fresh, loaded magazine. Gun is loaded and complies with the stated start condition. Competitor then assumes specified start position. You as the RO see all of this, but cannot say anything. Move on to AYR and start signal.

--  Competitor inserts mag and does not chamber a round. This complies with the stated start condition. Competitor assumes specified start position. You as the RO see all of this, but cannot say anything. Move on to AYR and start signal.

This is my thinking exactly,  thanks for articulating  it much better than I have

19 hours ago, RJH said:

RJH...maybe this will shed some light:
rule book on WSB:

A written stage briefing approved by the Range Master must be posted at each course of fire prior to commencement of the match.  This briefing will take precedence over any course of fire information published or otherwise communicated to competitors in advance of the match, and it must provide the following minimum information: 
— Scoring Method 
— Targets (type & number) 
— Minimum number of rounds 
— The firearm ready condition 
— Start position (this should be demonstrated by a Range Officer) 
— Time starts (audible or visual signal) 
— Procedure 

notice there are two separate areas of information...

one for firearms ready condition and

one for start position...

the RO is responsible to start the competitor after they are in the ready position...firearms ready condition is on the competitor as to how their firearms is ready as long as it complies with the WSB...

7 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Yep, well articulated OPINION.

And an opinion that is backed up by the rules,  which I have pointed out,  if you are aware of rules that state otherwise please point them out. I have not seen any to contradict what ima45dv8 posted

8 minutes ago, racerba said:

rule book on WSB:

A written stage briefing approved by the Range Master must be posted at each course of fire prior to commencement of the match.  This briefing will take precedence over any course of fire information published or otherwise communicated to competitors in advance of the match, and it must provide the following minimum information: 
— Scoring Method 
— Procedure 

the RO is responsible to start the competitor after they are in the ready position...firearms ready condition is on the competitor as to how their firearms is ready as long as it complies with the WSB...

Everything ima45dv8 posted is supported by the rules. I have read them about 1 millions times, if i am missing something please point out the rule that supports it, cause i ain't seen it. Look under what MUST happen at make ready.  8.3.1 i think,  but I don't have the rule book in front of me right now, and contrary to some opinions, my phone sucks for looking at the rulebook 

Edited by RJH

Ok here is a clarification, backed up by the rules and this will be assuming a loaded start;

The ready condition is eye and ear pro on and the gun loaded as per wsb, those requirements MUST be met then competitor can take the start position. 

It is is in the rules, look it up.

What i cannot find in the rules is any reference to allowing a competitor to disregard the handgun ready condition in the wsb, and be allowed to take the start position. Don't call out 8.1, it only talks of a chambered round, it says NOTHING about a loaded gun. 

Please offer your opinion  backed by rules, if you can great, but I don't think it is going to happen 

48 minutes ago, racerba said:

rule book on WSB:

— Scoring Method 
— Procedure 

Absolutely correct

15 minutes ago, RJH said:

Ok here is a clarification, backed up by the rules and this will be assuming a loaded start;

The ready condition is eye and ear pro on and the gun loaded as per wsb, those requirements MUST be met then competitor can take the start position. 

It is is in the rules, look it up.

What i cannot find in the rules is any reference to allowing a competitor to disregard the handgun ready condition in the wsb, and be allowed to take the start position. Don't call out 8.1, it only talks of a chambered round, it says NOTHING about a loaded gun. 

Please offer your opinion  backed by rules, if you can great, but I don't think it is going to happen 

rule book:
8.3.1 “Make Ready” – This command signifies the start of “the Course of Fire”.  Under the direct supervision of the Range Officer the competitor must face downrange, or in a safe direction as specified by the Range Officer, fit eye and hearing protection, and prepare the firearm in accordance with the written stage briefing.  The competitor must then assume the specified start position.  The Range Officer will not proceed with any further range commands until the competitor is still and is in the correct start position. 

No where does it say that the WSB conditions MUST be met...
It says "under the direct supervision..." meaning that the RO make sure they ready the firearms in a safe manner...
It does  not say RO is to make sure competitor's handgun/firearm is ready...

1 minute ago, racerba said:

rule book:
8.3.1 “Make Ready” – This command signifies the start of “the Course of Fire”.  Under the direct supervision of the Range Officer the competitor must face downrange, or in a safe direction as specified by the Range Officer, fit eye and hearing protection, and prepare the firearm in accordance with the written stage briefing.  The competitor must then assume the specified start position.  The Range Officer will not proceed with any further range commands until the competitor is still and is in the correct start position. 

It says "under the direct supervision..." meaning that the RO make sure they ready the firearms in a safe manner...

It literally says it in the text you quoted.

Just now, racerba said:

rule book:

You really should reread what you posted, it absolutely  says that must make the firearm ready in compliance with the wsb. The commas indicate a continued thought.  i.e. they MUST put in eye pro, MUST put in ear pro, MUST get the handgun ready i accordance with the wsb. Then they get in the start position 

Please bear in mind that on a loaded gun start, the RO is not responsible to ensure that the gun has both a loaded magazine inserted and a loaded chamber. Either of those situations meet the requirement for a loaded gun. Ammo inserted, in any fashion, meets that requirement. 

And has already been pointed out several times, the RO cannot direct the competitor to rectify the "half-loaded" gun condition.

16 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Please bear in mind that on a loaded gun start, the RO is not responsible to ensure that the gun has both a loaded magazine inserted and a loaded chamber. Either of those situations meet the requirement for a loaded gun. Ammo inserted, in any fashion, meets that requirement. 

And has already been pointed out several times, the RO cannot direct the competitor to rectify the "half-loaded" gun condition.

Yep, and that is 100percent supported by the rules 

1 hour ago, ima45dv8 said:

But what if the WSB says the firearm ready condition is "gun loaded with a round in the chamber" and a competitor inserts a mag at make ready, but forgets to chamber a round? 😜

2 hours ago, RJH said:

Read my above post and answer the  question with the rule quoted, i don't think you can......

I have read all I care to. My reading tells me I can’t start a shooter unless he is in the correct start position. It doesn’t say I can’t start him for being dumb and not loading his gun.

27 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I have read all I care to. My reading tells me I can’t start a shooter unless he is in the correct start position. It doesn’t say I can’t start him for being dumb and not loading his gun.

What about loading his/her gun for an unloaded start?

if it is an unloaded start, NO ammo can be ANYWHERE in the gun. 

If it’s a LOADED start SOME ammo has to be SOMEWHERE in the gun. 

Edited by HCH

1 hour ago, Southpaw said:

But what if the WSB says the firearm ready condition is "gun loaded with a round in the chamber" and a competitor inserts a mag at make ready, but forgets to chamber a round? 😜

I don't think I've ever seen one worded just like that. Sounds like it would be an attempt to write an idiot-proof WSB. 

I guess I'd have to switch into Nanny-Mode as dictated by the stage designer and tell them to chamber a round.

But I wouldn't like it...

43 minutes ago, HCH said:

What about loading his/her gun for an unloaded start?

if it is an unloaded start, NO ammo can be ANYWHERE in the gun. 

If it’s a LOADED start SOME ammo has to be SOMEWHERE in the gun. 

And like I said, loading for an unloaded start would be an advantage so I would remind him unloaded start. But not loading when he should falls under the shooter is responsible for his gun.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I understand this is your opinion,  i also understand that you still have never quoted a rule to support it. Interestingly enough, i have shown three rules that support my opinion.

I will stick with what the rule book actually says and not what i feel it should say. And actually in the same sentence that is says a shooter must have eye and ear pro before they get in the start position,  it says that their handgun must be in accordance with the wsb

Edited by RJH