Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CP2000 and RL1100

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the video they posted to Facebook with the details.

What caught me by surprise at the end was them saying it was covered by their *two* year No BS warranty.

Their website says the same. The CP2000 and 1050 are only a year, so it looks like the two year warranty is only for the RL1100.

Edited by terrymixon
Clarification

4 hours ago, dillon said:

We started shipping CP2000s on Monday, and RL1100s on Wednesday.  Based on assembly time, and the number of machines that were pre-ordered, we estimate it will take four to six weeks to fill an order placed today.  We are fully aware of how long it has taken to finally start shipping orders. Visit our Facebook page or Instagram account for more details about this.

If we put in an order now will we be charged immediately or when the RL1100 ships?

11 hours ago, dillon said:

We started shipping CP2000s on Monday, and RL1100s on Wednesday.  Based on assembly time, and the number of machines that were pre-ordered, we estimate it will take four to six weeks to fill an order placed today.  We are fully aware of how long it has taken to finally start shipping orders. Visit our Facebook page or Instagram account for more details about this.

Can you get the primer stage spring screw now to replace the solid tab on the s1050 yet. 

Watching the video it states that the RL1100 comes with a two year warranty. Am I correct that this is twice the warranty Dillon provided on the previous 1050 machines?

I was 51st on the wait list when I pre-ordered mine and I am still waiting to get my phone call as others here have mentioned they have already received...Mark

My 650 is over 25 years old.  I've been lusting after a 1050 since forever.

Now I 'spose I'll have to man up and get an 1100 instead!

How much clearance on the bench is needed to mount an 1100?  Bonus points for you if you can post a mounting template!

And what the heck is the base seen in this video?  It has the Dillon logo on it so it appears to be a factory accessory but I did not see it on their site.

https://www DOT youtube.com/watch?v=Rq1KwkXjSSA

Thank you!

20 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

If we put in an order now will we be charged immediately or when the RL1100 ships?

Pretty sure when it ships. I was on the pre-order list for the RL1100 last year for a few mos before I cancelled it and went Mark7 - they had never charged my card.

4 hours ago, Big Shooter said:

My 650 is over 25 years old.  I've been lusting after a 1050 since forever.

Now I 'spose I'll have to man up and get an 1100 instead!

How much clearance on the bench is needed to mount an 1100?  Bonus points for you if you can post a mounting template!

And what the heck is the base seen in this video?  It has the Dillon logo on it so it appears to be a factory accessory but I did not see it on their site.

https://www DOT youtube.com/watch?v=Rq1KwkXjSSA

Thank you!

If it's different it might not be on the site yet. I was told they will be putting up caliber change kits on the site specifically for the RL1100 (a little different than the Super 1050 kits) soon. So, there might also be a new mount for it that they haven't put on the site yet.

WOW -WOW - Watch the video below of a Dillon guy unboxing the new RL1100....If this video is accurate (no reason to think it would not be) I cannot wait to get my RL1100....Dillon pre-sets all of the dies for the caliber you order so that you only need to “tweak” them to your liking but what is amazing is that the set up takes all of 15 minutes (not including the die adjustments).....

I am anxious to hear from our forum friend Zack Jones who posted earlier that his unit is in route now to see if his set up goes as easily as this video shows....I spoke to Dillon yesterday and my pre-order should be ready on Friday, December 27th.....

This is exciting and somewhat scary as I have been saving for this machine for 5 months (single income for my family) and this amount of money for me is the largest single investment I have ever made in my hobby of shooting......Gonna keep the 650 and use it for other calibers as my RL1100 will be running all if my 9mm and I truly believe both of these machines are a well spent investment that will not cost me much on the back end if I ever have to sell one or both.....Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

Whao!  Why does the handle extend so far back?  That's going to make for an incredibly long and awkward pull.  Not sure how it compares to a Super, but that's way longer than an RL.  As for pre-set dies, that saves about 10 minutes.  And chances are, you're going to have to tweak them anyway.

4 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Whao!  Why does the handle extend so far back?  That's going to make for an incredibly long and awkward pull.  Not sure how it compares to a Super, but that's way longer than an RL.  As for pre-set dies, that saves about 10 minutes.  And chances are, you're going to have to tweak them anyway.

you can adjust height or maybe buy an Inline ergo handle.... or just buy the M7 autodrive.

1 minute ago, DJRyan13 said:

you can adjust height or maybe buy an Inline ergo handle.... or just buy the M7 autodrive.

That doesn't change the degrees of rotation in the stroke.  From that video, it looks like a BIG stretch, which is going to get very uncomfortable very fast.  I usually load a couple thousand at a crack and the extra stretch will definitely make a difference.

16 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

That doesn't change the degrees of rotation in the stroke.  From that video, it looks like a BIG stretch, which is going to get very uncomfortable very fast.  I usually load a couple thousand at a crack and the extra stretch will definitely make a difference.

looking at a super 1050 the hande set in the same setting (middle) at the top 

full up is even with the priming system to slightly toward me . the pic of the 1100 it appears past the priming

system approximately 2 more inches of up ward stroke ,but this is a pic from a bad

angle to make an accurate comparison.

Edited by AHI

If you look in the assembly video posted above around 11:20 you can see a view from the side.  I don't think it's the angle.  The handle is way past vertical, which make for a long pull.  I guess most people won't care.  And I suppose it's not a huge deal.  But it does make a difference if your loading a lot of rounds.  I could be wrong on this, but don't see why Dillon changed the design (starting with the Super) simply to accommodate longer rifle rounds when the number of people loading that type of ammo on a 1050/1100 is probably very small.  I can see loading 5.56 or 300 BLK on a 1050, which is pretty common.  Or even 308, 6.5, etc.  But you were able to do all that with the older machines.  It was just the longer stuff like 30-06 that you couldn't do.  Outside of the military and commercial loaders, I don't know anyone who goes through thousands of rounds of large bolt action rifle ammo.  And how many of those are using a 1050/1100 vs. commercial loader or commercial ammo?  So that part doesn't make sense.  It's nice that the new machine has a bottom end similar to the RL, which was one of the weak spots on the Super.  I just wish it had the shorter pull like the RL.

4 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

If you look in the assembly video posted above around 11:20 you can see a view from the side.  I don't think it's the angle.  The handle is way past vertical, which make for a long pull.  I guess most people won't care.  And I suppose it's not a huge deal.  But it does make a difference if your loading a lot of rounds.  I could be wrong on this, but don't see why Dillon changed the design (starting with the Super) simply to accommodate longer rifle rounds when the number of people loading that type of ammo on a 1050/1100 is probably very small.  I can see loading 5.56 or 300 BLK on a 1050, which is pretty common.  Or even 308, 6.5, etc.  But you were able to do all that with the older machines.  It was just the longer stuff like 30-06 that you couldn't do.  Outside of the military and commercial loaders, I don't know anyone who goes through thousands of rounds of large bolt action rifle ammo.  And how many of those are using a 1050/1100 vs. commercial loader or commercial ammo?  So that part doesn't make sense.  It's nice that the new machine has a bottom end similar to the RL, which was one of the weak spots on the Super.  I just wish it had the shorter pull like the RL.

M1 Garand shooters... at least I do....

Set up my RL1100 today on shortest notch...smooth and easy for 9mm...upgraded from 650 so I can’t speak to the 1050 travel distance. Guess you could always custom adjust it yourself and find whatever balance of distance vs effort you are looking for.