Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CP2000 and RL1100

On 1/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, cjmill87 said:

It would make sense that it would, since it is replacing the 1050 in Dillon's lineup.  Some more information on it before April would be great as some companies are already starting pre-order lists.  Also makes you wonder if they will slash the prices of 1050s to make room for the 1100.

Who is taking pre-orders? After missing out on Mark7 Evo before they jacked the price to insane levels, I don’t want to miss out again.  It’s beyond time to upgrade from my MBF/650.  

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/4/2019 at 3:02 AM, OptimiStick said:

Who is taking pre-orders? After missing out on Mark7 Evo before they jacked the price to insane levels, I don’t want to miss out again.  It’s beyond time to upgrade from my MBF/650.  

Dillon will. Call the sales number and tell them you want to order one. I'm #5 on the list for one.

No they didn't. Everything I asked, he had to look up reference materials. He didn't seem to know much off the top of his head. I knew what I wanted, so I was focused on how much and how fast can I get it. They were open to talking about it though, because I called back to ask about the CP-2000 just out of curiosity. Give them a ring. I called late in the day (~6:00 CST) , and each time was in a queue for sales. Same guy answered, so I think I had the lightly staffed late shift.

Pricing by the way on the RL-1100 for 9mm was $2040 out the door. Warranty is still only 1 year. I asked why, he said because they assume the 1050s/1100s are commercial machines for extreme duty use, and "we would go broke warranting them for life". I'd be curious to know the % of 1050s that are commercial vs home/hobby usage....  I asked if there was a way to buy/subscribe to warranty services beyond 1 year, answer was no.

3 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

No they didn't. Everything I asked, he had to look up reference materials. He didn't seem to know much off the top of his head. I knew what I wanted, so I was focused on how much and how fast can I get it. They were open to talking about it though, because I called back to ask about the CP-2000 just out of curiosity. Give them a ring. I called late in the day (~6:00 CST) , and each time was in a queue for sales. Same guy answered, so I think I had the lightly staffed late shift.

Pricing by the way on the RL-1100 for 9mm was $2040 out the door. Warranty is still only 1 year. I asked why, he said because they assume the 1050s/1100s are commercial machines for extreme duty use, and "we would go broke warranting them for life". I'd be curious to know the % of 1050s that are commercial vs home/hobby usage....  I asked if there was a way to buy/subscribe to warranty services beyond 1 year, answer was no.

Thanks. I figure the damned things are going to stand up to my personal use and be rock solid. I read elsewhere the 1050s were aimed toward being able to produce 2 million rounds and that suits me fine. 

Ill get my questions together and give them a ring. Won’t be buying until later this year but I want to know. 

Terry

On 1/24/2019 at 1:41 PM, anbrumm said:

Here is the YouTube link for their CP2000 and an Ammobot processing 5.56 brass at about 3,900 rounds per hour:

I did read through every post here and got just a little confused on the discussion about the older RL1050's vs. the Super 1050's.

Can both 1050's handle .30-06 brass?

A local guy to me told me at least 2 or 3 years ago that he has 12, 1050's he would like to sell off. (yes, 12...he was or is in the ammo/components biz)

I think he went on to say they were all Super 1050's.

For now, I just have a casefeeder equipped 650.

In a way, it would be nice to have another press and leave one set up for large primers and the other set up for small primers.

Thanks in advance!

On 1/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, NickG013 said:

I was thinking the same. I'm going back and forth between going with a Mark7 or the 1050. Now it's between the Mark7 and the 1100. Only problem is I think you can only get the Mark7 with automation currently. I'm not wanting the automation quite yet. Mainly because I don't want to drop an extra $3k.

No, you can still get the Evo in manual.  

Other than the above mentioned dual-swaging and the price difference, is there a reason to choose CP2000 over RL1100 for case processing ? I’ll be doing predominantly 9mm, with some 5.56.  I was thinking the RL gives me the option to pick up some loading duties too if needed.  

• 1 month later...

I have a Mark 7 Revolution, Dillon 650, and 1050.  The Mark 7 products are very nice, but now with the new dillon presses coming out, having the extra station is huge for us because that allows th use of the powder check die and separate the seating and crimping operations.  I was thinking about adding an Evolution to the lineup but now considering the new Dillon when they are released.  

I was thinking the same. I'm going back and forth between going with a Mark7 or the 1050. Now it's between the Mark7 and the 1100. Only problem is I think you can only get the Mark7 with automation currently. I'm not wanting the automation quite yet. Mainly because I don't want to drop an extra $3k.

The evolution machine, which can be fully upgraded at any time, is available as a manual machine to start. The difference is it’s built from the factory to run automated, and has 3 more stations. They are smooth as butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/8/2019 at 8:31 AM, ZackJones said:

Has anyone that's pre-ordered the RL 1100 or CP 2000 heard anything from Dillon regarding shipping? I'm #5 on the pre-order list and haven't heard anything yet.

I was on Dillon's web site today so I used the chat window to ask about the status of the 1100. I was told June is now the estimated shipping date for them :(. No reason was given for the delay. 

2 hours ago, ZackJones said:

I was on Dillon's web site today so I used the chat window to ask about the status of the 1100. I was told June is now the estimated shipping date for them :(. No reason was given for the delay. 

They might have more 1050s left in stock than they want and hope to thin them out. 

We're just waiting on some parts to arrive. New parts have to be scheduled in alongside other parts, so it's taking longer than we initially thought to get some of the remaining parts made.