Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When can we get a black M&P 2.0?

twister

1 hour ago, hitman_usmc said:

Per S&W LE reps at shot, the 2.0 core will be released in 60 days.  This is for 4.25” only. No time line on 5,” but they do expect it to follow. 

Thats good news. I hope it's accurate.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:29 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

It won’t be. It’s got “M&P” on the side and no APEX barrel installed.

Ouch. 

I like the 2.0s. Thought about getting an Apex barrel but don’t have a smith around here I trust to fot it. 

And CORES? Meh, I get my slides milled. I have a Glock 45 slide getting an RMR on it right now. Thought about doing a 2.0 as well. 

24 minutes ago, Honeybooboo said:

Thought about getting an Apex barrel but don’t have a smith around here I trust to fot it. 

Do it yourself with their SDI. It takes an evening with a sharpie, a high quality hand file, and some patience. But it makes a massive difference, and it’s actually very easy.

For USPSA purposes, go with a better optic with a larger window than the RMR. For defensive purposes the RMR is great though.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 1 month later...

IMHO its had to beat the Delta Point Pro.    Its durable with a large clear window.  Even if you have a core which they tech do not fit with the nice recessed plates all it takes is 3 passes with a file on the front of the DPP just the very edge and it fits and with it sitting nice and low.  A pass with a alum black pen and you can not even tell.  Way better that the small green windowed RMR and sits much lower than using the dedicated plate or the dove tail mount.  Never going to understand peoples apprehension of doing this most basic of mods that has no effect on function or warranty and looks only when its not mounted.  Even unmounted you have to look closely to tell if you take your time with the filler marker.

Of course if its a M2.0 then I would just mill the slide for the DPP specifically.

Edited by tim_w

• 5 weeks later...
Per S&W LE reps at shot, the 2.0 core will be released in 60 days.  This is for 4.25” only. No time line on 5,” but they do expect it to follow. 
So much for 60 days lol.....im still waiting since my work is looking to authorize red dots on guns...and with the aimpoint acro release, i am definitely getting impatient lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They must’ve produced a ton of the tan ones and need to clear them out of the warehouse before black ones hit the distributors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theyre pulling a glock...basically release a g42 (cause 380 is dumb) before they release the g43. They knew damn well they woulsnt be able to sell any 42's if they release the 43 first.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cerakote is your friend if it bothers you that bad. I painted one of my FDE pistols in Patriot Brown just to make it a little different. Most of my other pistols are black so the change is welcome. The picture does not show the difference very well but the brown is considerably darker in person. Im a bit perplexed as to why S&W chose to make all the 5" 2.0's in FDE. Its not because of the possible Mil contract from the M17 trials because they make a black 2.0 frame. They also make three different 2.0 5" slides. I just think somebody dropped the ball.

IMG_7082.jpg

On 4/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, Hammerman said:

S&W has a black 2.0 pro series 5" on their website now.  It looks good, but will need a different  rear sight for sure.

I like the idea of a adjustable rear sight but the fiber optics on the rear would need to go.  

• 4 weeks later...

I got this 2 weeks back. Shot it at a local IDPA match without any issues. I would like to replace the rear sight with 10-8 or something but the sight hight is proprietary. Looks like I will have to change front and back.

LFm8BzQd9N_IAtZAwNjp-zx3rM1-cqjxfD7vXpsr

DurprzqmUjrBEs9BJyw-OmyDt48hZxAhHoUig0aS 

Edited by adam500