Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 3 gun scope?

chgofirefighter

I've been eyeing so many options from Vortex Razor HD II E, Vortex Viper PST Gen II, Lucid L7, Atibal 1-8, and C-more C3 scope.  For what I noticed is that the Vortex Razor HD is highly rated and used in 3-gun, personally I haven't seen the C-More C3 but I'm intrigued by it, especially with the discount the scope comes out at around $800 and some change, Vortex Razor HD about $1100, and the others are budget minded scopes.  Now grant it, I not want to compete with this scope but I would like to use it at night during training in various tactical applications.  So what's the verdict or recommendations?

Thanks~ 

There has been a LOT written here about this topic - to summarize, Very High regards for Razor

and many people feel the $300 savings for the C3 is definitely worth it.

If this is for night only, do you need the 6x magnification ?

If not, you might be better off with a red dot with no magnification and/or a green laser ???

2 different people that have razors have looked through my pst ii

both said they would not buy another viper. not worth the price 

difference.   also there is a thread on this in the 3gun equipment 

section.

I don’t know anyone that has regretted buying the best glass that budget will allow. Saving a few dollars over the life of a scope seems like false economy. $300 is the price of a single case of 5.56 blasting ammo. Not much in the scheme of things. 

That said, I picked up an MTAC 1-4 off a prize table several years ago and have been very happy with it on an AR. SFP reticle works fine for most shooting I do.   Others may have different experience. 

If if you have the cash, get the best glass you can afford. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is some really good deals on OpticsPlanet right now on Vortex and Sig Sauer. Pretty much all the brands are on sale. This scope is a pretty good one with quite a bit off.
Make sure you apply the 12% off rifle scopes code. 12RFSC19

7bc4a02a887f47e1f57abbe141b6b4fa.jpg
421517edd12b3fcd885fda53e5914317.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm currently using the C-more  and love the reticle with that being said Vortex has come a long way with their newest 1-6 in JM reticle in weight. They also have a newer design that should be released soon. The biggest thing is figuring out what reticle suits you .Every one has different eyes and just because one scope reticule is bright enough for me in sunny days doesn't mean it works for you.  if you can test out a few. Bushnell is also a great scope and has come a long way. 

Buy once cry once

went through Trijicon then Leupold then Vortex

Swarovski Z6i 1-6 is what I settled with until they came out with the 1-8x 

Field of view is out of this world , try and check out the different glass at a match and then look through a Swaro 

You will not be disappointed at all

6 hours ago, ronin16 said:

Buy once cry once

went through Trijicon then Leupold then Vortex

Swarovski Z6i 1-6 is what I settled with until they came out with the 1-8x 

Field of view is out of this world , try and check out the different glass at a match and then look through a Swaro 

You will not be disappointed at all

Agree.  Thankfully Kahles picked up the 1-6 and updated the brt reticle with the 3GR reticle, currently my favorite scope for this sport.

2 different people that have razors have looked through my pst ii
both said they would not buy another viper. not worth the price 
difference.   also there is a thread on this in the 3gun equipment 
section.

Did you mean they would not buy another Razor? I have the razor and a friend has the 1-6 pst gen 2 and after shooting with both back to back I don’t see too much of a difference.

Vortex has come a long way with their newest 1-6 in JM reticle in weight. They also have a newer design that should be released soon.

First I’ve heard of this. Any more info?

1 hour ago, MJinPA said:

First I’ve heard of this. Any more info?

the new design was at shot show for a private screening for DOD  but that usually means to make money they release to public is the scope gets the bid