Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt Magnet OK in PCC?

Added a magnet to my PCC belt...  Handy for holding an extra magazine while running a stage...  Magazine is less likely to fall out than a regular mag pouch and you can move the magazine lower on the belt than on one of the small mag pouches.

Tried it last night for the first time at our Tuesday night match...  Worked well, but one of the guys asked if I was sure it was legal in PCC...  I figured if lasers and 50 round magazines were legal, a magnetic belt clip should be legal, too...  But it got me thinking...  I looked in the new rules...  Production, CO, and SS all have a note stating no magnetic attachments for magazines...  Nothing in PCC.

I assume magnetic clips are allowed in PCC?

On 1/9/2019 at 1:28 PM, HoMiE said:

Appendix D8 doesn’t say you can’t use them, so you can. 

I think you're right...  They use the same wording in the three divisions where you can not use a magnetic mag pouch...  and omit it in the other divisions where you can use them...  Plus it doesn't seem to offer any advantage in PCC...  If it's an unloaded start, just pick up a big mag from the table/barrel.

I was trying to decide whether it was worth an email to Troy...  I think not...  I'm going to skip it.

Edited by RaylanGivens
14 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Not true.   Add a metal key ring to your chamber flag and the magnet is the perfect place to store it during the COF.  (One less thing for RO's to complain about.)

You sir, are a goddamn genius. I have a magnet sitting on my bench from my colt mag days that I'd abandoned since going to an MPX. NO MORE!

20 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Plus it doesn't seem to offer any advantage in PCC...  If it's an unloaded start, just pick up a big mag from the table/barrel.

I like mine for placing a mag on as I walk up to the line and if it is a table mag start depending on the stage I might want an extra mag.  We have all seen mags puke part way through a stage before. Id rather not have to go back to a table to grab another mag. 

All that said, I find it way more useful in practice sessions than matches. Useful enough to keep it on my belt.

Edited by Patrick Scott
On 1/10/2019 at 8:57 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Not true.   Add a metal key ring to your chamber flag and the magnet is the perfect place to store it during the COF.  (One less thing for RO's to complain about.)

Thats what I did on mine. I drilled a hole on my chamber flag, installed one of those “Remove before Firing” keychains which has a metal key ring on it.

Remove before firing keychain