Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

My limited gun is also an SPS, and I was contemplating having him turn it into a sight tracker. With either one of the Schumann hybrid barrels or one of the new KKMs. Decided not to, as I think it would void the warranty. It would have been sweet though. You’ll have to post some pics when they’re all done. 

Yeah, I wasn’t worried about the warranty so much, it was just the fact that I barely shoot it anyway and I’d rather dump my money into my Open guns. Maybe I’ll have a change of heart and let him tear into it as I really don’t have that much into it.

Oh yeah, I’ll have some pics up alright!!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everglades Romeo mount showed up today as well as some 124g v2 jhp’s. Loaded up some of them with 8.0gs of hs-6, federal SRP, 1.170 oal. That’s what I estimate will make major. Before I used to shoot 9 out of the 38 super barrel and 7.5g, which was my major load in my Glock only made about 155pf, 1240fps, and that was with a coated lead bullet which usually take less powder. That barrel had no holes. So I’m guessing with the same length barrel with 2 holes 8g should get me there, or close. Gonna get out to the range on Saturday to chrono and  test the gun out. 

91A00CCF-2DF4-48B4-AA30-2636EDC6C1DB.jpeg

8326F592-DED3-4BCF-B7CC-4C85DF4ACD04.jpeg

C24288C9-64E4-49EC-B10E-81023EA74835.jpeg

She’s finally complete. Here’s a before and after. What a difference! I knew don would make it look good, but not this good! Really excited to take her out to the range today. Gonna chrono some loads to. I’m gonna have to get used to his new dot. I really loved the big window of my Cmore. But the Romeo 1 has one of the widest windows at 30mms. Not big on it only being 17mm tall. I’d honestly rather it be reversed, 30mm tall and 17mm side. Oh well, I’ll get used to it. 

7EA36F0A-5BA9-454B-B1B3-6522BD676E47.jpeg

887977D0-FAE1-40ED-B309-82A46C3CF752.jpeg

Got out to the range today and tested her out. The gun shoots like a dream. Trigger pull is great,  the comp and holes in the barrel kept the gun super flat. A lot more tame then the last barrel with no holes. This comp design is a lot more efficient then the trubor t2 comp. I used to shoot 9 out of my 38, so I know what 9 major felt like in this gun before. It’s a completely different gun now. Dot movement was predictable and repeatable. The dot would return back almost instantly. Basically and up and back down movement. No zig zag which is what it used to do. It really shot well. 

I shot 500rds; chronod a few different loads. I estimated that it would take 8g of hs-6 with a 124g bullet and I was spot on. 10 shot average was 1373. The bullet was the Everglades V2 124g jhp loaded to 1.170, fed SRP. This was also the most accurate load I tested, about 1.5 inches at 15 yards. And I’m not a very precise pistol shooter, so this is pretty good for me. 

Second and third accuracy wise was a toss up between 7.9g hs6 with 124g plated RN. No signs of the jacket coming apart, this load chronod average of 1360. Just had these bullets laying around so I loaded them up to get rid of them. And 125g costed blue bullet behind 7.7g hs6. Like I said the plated and this coated load were almost exactly the same for accuracy, it was pretty good, way more then sufficient for our sports. I’d say the group size was approx 2.5 inches at 15 yards, maybe a bit less. 

The last load I tried was with 115g Montana gold cmj . I loaded them up with 8.5g hs6. 1.155, fed SRP. This load came in around 166pf average. About 1450fps. I didn’t like how the load felt compared to the 124g jhp load. It was a lot harsher, more dot movement. And the accuracy was bad. Not sure why, but the group was like 5-6 inches at 15 yards. If I was gonna stick with it I’d bump the powder charge up to 8.1-8.2g to get around 170pf. 

Overall the gun ran perfect. I didnr have a single malfunction i could attribute to the gun. And for the first 400rds I didn’t have any malfunctions. But the last 100rds my sti gen 2 mags started giving me problems. They started randomly nosediving a lot. Then I’d fire a few mags with my MBX and they’d cycle fine. So it wad definitely these mags. But what’s weird is 1 had taran guts and one had grams, and I had the exact same problem with both. So that makes me think it’s something with the tube. It’s also suspect that they ran fine the first 400 rounds. So idk what’s going on there. Hs-6 is a filthy powder, and the gun was caked with crap at the end. But I don’t think that would cause nosedives. I wasn’t dropping mags either so they didn’t get like more and more dirty as the practice went on. So idk. 

But overall  very happy with the gun so far. But 500rds of hs-6 makes you realize just how filthy this powder is. Usually I only shoot 250-300rds per range day, and clean after. But man after 500 the gun was filthy. Usually it takes me 15 mins to clean my guns after a single range session. It took me an hour today to get all that residue out. Got about 7.5lbs left, but after this is done I may be looking for something new.,

Edited by Jfitz427

On 2/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, Maximis228 said:

I fully assume your messages are going into his filtered inbox. Don is not the most tech savvy person.

If you are not friends with him on FB... Send a Friend request along with your message. This should pull your message out of the filtered section in messenger.

Or

Email him at venomcustomguns @ gmail dot com

Max is right on me not being tech savvy. Lmao. Send an email venomcustomguns@gmail.com. I will get right back to you. Sorry for the inconvenience 

thanks guys for all the feedback. 

On 2/4/2019 at 7:38 PM, Knguyen1904 said:

So I finally got a chance to compare the two different binary engineering comps. I did some doubles comparing my Venom with the short binary , my backup gun with new top end and long version and my old main gun with a cheely 4 port titanium. Load used for testing is 10.3 gn of AA7 at 1.165 oal w/ Everglades 115 gn jhp v2’s,  173 pf out of all 3 guns .  Enjoy 

The gun with the cheely looked to have about twice as much rise. 

Did you feel the short binary was as flat as the longer one?

Mine will be back to me tomorrow! 2 matches next week so I'm pumped. Hopefully the weather holds and we can get them both in! After match on Saturday I'm going to try all my same loads that made PF with the plastic grip and shoot them again with the steel grip. Also wanting to try 115's, I've only ran 124's. Glad to see everyone as happy as me with the venom guns! 

On 2/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, B_RAD said:

The gun with the cheely looked to have about twice as much rise. 

Did you feel the short binary was as flat as the longer one?

It’s hard to say cause the shorter binary has 3 popple a whereas the long has 2. I really can’t tell the difference shooting The two guns with hybrid barrels and binary eng comps. They both shoot nice and feel less violent in the hands . After shooting about a thousand rounds each I can shoot them equally well. They are both more than capable of what I can do. 

1 hour ago, Knguyen1904 said:

If anyone is interested in seeing one Of Dons latest Masterpieces being shot at speed . Here ya go .

Looks like it shoots really smooth. But it also looks cold out there lol. I don’t miss the snow at all. It’s nice living down south and shooting year round. Doesn’t seem to be holding you back though. I can’t wait to get back out this weekend and shoot mine. 

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Mine is getting close. Don is killing it!

Screenshot_20190216-164533_Messages.jpg

Looking good. Can’t wait to see the magic he works on the slide cuts and design. At the pace he works at it’ll probably be done in 3 days. Is that a hybrid barrel? I like the comp. for my next build I’d like to use the same comp, same grip, kkm hybrid barrel. 5 inch gun. 

Edited by Jfitz427

7 hours ago, Jfitz427 said:

Looking good. Can’t wait to see the magic he works on the slide cuts and design. At the pace he works at it’ll probably be done in 3 days. Is that a hybrid barrel? I like the comp. for my next build I’d like to use the same comp, same grip, kkm hybrid barrel. 5 inch gun. 

It's about done. No more side work up front. Just gonna get cerakote

Yes it's a hybrid barrel.  5". 

22 hours ago, tanfoglio1911 said:

Is that a KKM hybrid barrel? Don will soon start to work my old STI Competitor 38SC and I am wanting a 9mm KKM hybrid barrel.

I wish i would have done a hybrid barrel on mine. But when I bought the new barrel right after buying the gun I knew knowing about 2011s and the various options. That’s going to be so sweet. 

I wish i would have done a hybrid barrel on mine. But when I bought the new barrel right after buying the gun I knew knowing about 2011s and the various options. That’s going to be so sweet. 
This is how the gun originally looks like. I can't wait to see Don's magic!8fa5c318152eb1dd03ff1389b80d1ba2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk