Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been super busy, but I have a match this weekend and a move coming up but I will get all my info together and get you guys some info on what I've found. I booked up my cheeley e2 just happened to fit nice and tight. I'm doing the same ladder loads just with a steel grip.

From the few shots I've taken, the steel grip seems ultra important on the 9 major guns compared to 38sc. I didn't feel like a needed a metal grip in my dvc in 38. But the metal grip makes I giant difference on felt recoil with 9 major. 

Happy to see more people chiming in on this thread, Don certainly deserves the work. Really loving mine and the customer service. 

1 hour ago, Knguyen1904 said:

Was sent a progress pic today of this beauty. Almost there! 

CFC4D878-D278-45E4-8A0E-A0D68D97252C.jpeg

Saw it on Facebook, looks sweet!!  I hope he hurry’s up and finishes it, because I’m next in line. Think he said he was hoping to finish yours tomorrow, but don’t quote me on that. 

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

Donny just got my box of parts on Friday and should have the new KKM barrels as of yesterday. Shits about to get real awesome.

Aww shi......  If he got the barrels mine should be getting close to starting!  I decided to go middy/hybrid.  Gonna see what all the fuss is about!

14 hours ago, Knguyen1904 said:

Was sent a progress pic today of this beauty. Almost there! 

CFC4D878-D278-45E4-8A0E-A0D68D97252C.jpeg

looks great! did you go 9 major? I have to get mine off to him to blend a few things. Since I put the steel grip on mine I just wanna keep shooting it! I dont want to have any downtime! 

2 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Aww shi......  If he got the barrels mine should be getting close to starting!  I decided to go middy/hybrid.  Gonna see what all the fuss is about!

Build a 6 inch gun with a long 4-port comp. I wanna see you out there with a handguard off a PCC.

https://photos.google.com/search/_tv_Videos/photo/AF1QipMeFXOD5dLwpN2SJdYtSOuTjiP1LWl2q9wqwsBN

https://photos.google.com/search/_tv_Videos/photo/AF1QipPDTOvLdR9DEn5nIxvSUc0OX6ervaORAskil_DI

https://photos.google.com/search/_tv_Videos/photo/AF1QipPtKEl4kmbTs0WohXFRyDx2Xq3VlFAlSBFt1RoZ

https://photos.google.com/search/_tv_Videos/photo/AF1QipNduhrGzBrXi8yer78bxR2gg9XwB6nXJ_rVdSGf

https://photos.google.com/search/_tv_Videos/photo/AF1QipMElxRz1bAM92NFZPqEAahP0_xtkCRalxAl3aXH

These are mostly just from load development, a few different powders all at 1.160 with PD 124's all made PF around 171-175.

I am set up for silo now, 6.9 at 1.160. i still have another lb maybe a little more to load on then ill run through the rest of the lb jugs i bought. Other than the AA7 being super smokey. I know i wont be able to tell the difference under the timer.  

Don just started working on my gun today and already made a ton of progress. Fitted and chambered the 9mm barrel, the slide racker, new grip, SV trigger, tri topped the slide and comp, and started on some of the slide cuts. He’s also gonna add 2 holes in the barrel, and one in the comp, then fit a new extreme hammer, and sear. Then the last step is to refinish the gun. I’m thinking a gray, with black controls. And eventually TIN the barrel.  If only I could swing a PT eco grip, but funds won’t allow it at the moment. I think it looks awesome so far, and I can’t wait to see how it shoots

6920CEF3-8CE7-45B7-A54F-ECD58D946148.jpeg

9716984B-110F-42FC-8A53-4E49AA64E700.jpeg

D8E3C34F-CB87-416A-88E5-7CAABD84B0E9.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

Don just started working on my gun today and already made a ton of progress. Fitted and chambered the 9mm barrel, the slide racker, new grip, SV trigger, tri topped the slide and comp, and started on some of the slide cuts. He’s also gonna add 2 holes in the barrel, and one in the comp, then fit a new extreme hammer, and sear. Then the last step is to refinish the gun. I’m thinking a gray, with black controls. And eventually TIN the barrel.  If only I could swing a PT eco grip, but funds won’t allow it at the moment. I think it looks awesome so far, and I can’t wait to see how it shoots

6920CEF3-8CE7-45B7-A54F-ECD58D946148.jpeg

9716984B-110F-42FC-8A53-4E49AA64E700.jpeg

D8E3C34F-CB87-416A-88E5-7CAABD84B0E9.jpeg

That's a sweet looking rig.

I got lucky with regards to the metal grip and got on a pre-order that L10 machine was having before Christmas. $750 for their new metal grip, wide body frame, magwell, mag catch, MSH and grip safety. Should be shipping to Don next week.

Edited by StandardError

19 minutes ago, StandardError said:

That's a sweet looking rig.

I got lucky with regards to the metal grip and got on a pre-order that L10 machine was having before Christmas. $750 for their new metal grip, wide body frame, magwell, mag catch, MSH and grip safety. Should be shipping to Don next week.

Damn, that’s a smoking deal. Usually just the grip is 650 bucks. Their grip looks nice. If I needed a frame I would have went that same route. I may start slowly collecting parts for my next build. Probably won’t be for a year or two, but slowly buying all the parts will be less of a shock to the bank account lol. 

Just now, Jfitz427 said:

Damn, that’s a smoking deal. Usually just the grip is 650 bucks. Their grip looks nice. If I needed a frame I would have went that same route. I may start slowly collecting parts for my next build. Probably won’t be for a year or two, but slowly buying all the parts will be less of a shock to the bank account lol. 

Yeah I was stunned to see it. I told Don to take as much time as he needs and get all the measurements he wants in case he needs them for future customers.

I will say this, though. I am a curious and annoying bastard when it comes to getting gun parts just right and L10 was absolutely prompt and professional with answering my questions at odd hours of the night.

Also, I think Akai? Was showing on their Instagram that they used one of the new frames to make Chris Tilley's new gun. So I figured that if Akai was willing to put their reputation on the line with L10's work, I'd be good, too. 

I'll keep you posted.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:07 PM, Sarge said:

Super and Super Comp only difference is SC is rimless Super is semi rimmed. SC affords more room in mags and reportedly extracts more reliably.

Bob Londrigan of Brazos Custom does recommend dropping a couple of tenths grains powder charge to make same PF going from Super to Super Comp.May be slightly different internal case dimensions

So don sent me the finished pictures today and I’m blown away at his work. It looks like a totally different gun. He started on it I think it was Thursday, and had it done by Sunday. That’s a fast turn around. I’m already dreaming up my next build with him. I think I’m gonna slowly start buying parts over the next 6 months and get everything together for a kkm hybrid Barrel build with a Pt evo grip . Probably close to a full dustcover. Here’s some pics of the finished product. I’ll post one of a before pic also. The only thing the pics is missing is the new black Everglades Romeo mount, and the dot. I think the black mount will look great with the black controls on my gun. 

DFFC2226-3200-402B-9802-5D44B4A21BD7.jpeg

D7C100C3-3B0E-4B00-B36F-3FE00738A497.jpeg

6AB558A3-7DA3-4414-859B-DE4B77830487.jpeg

5DAAF8BB-33AA-4840-8A55-B0AC9485BDAC.jpeg

D67A0741-BF29-45D1-826B-05C4C8B42AFB.jpeg

EC413925-48B5-4AA0-A815-A68574418C47.jpeg

And this is what don did.  He basically build me a new gun, the only thing reused was the slide and frame. Pretty much all the internals are new, along with everything else. 

Fit barrel     
Take down middle of barrel 
Chamber and throat. 
Flat top slide & comp 
Mill front of slide.  . 0150  
Tri top comp and slide front 
Brazos racker cut and fit.  
Top and side cuts on slide. 
2 3/16 holes and slot.  
Front slot cuts through slide. 

New grip 
Fit trigger to grip 
Trigger group
Trig job. 
Used infinity ambi safeties 
Blend slide to frame,extractor,grip safety and pin grip safety.    
Sear spring l
Paint the slide, frame, comp and magwell gray, controls black. 

Im probably forgetting a few things. 

The gun was originally a 38 super. So originally I just wanted to fit a new 9mm barrel. And it eventually turned into all this. I can’t wair to start load development for 9 major. Got some Everglades  V2 124g jhp on the way. And I’ll be using hs-6. I assume I’ll end up around 7.7-7.8gs for 170-172ish pf.