Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

33 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

He's got to be close to starting mine!  Hopefully this week!

Once he starts it, it’ll be done in no time. The only thing he didn’t have to do with mine is slide to frame fitting. Took him 3-4 days to do everything else. I can’t wait to get the gun back and go shoot it. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, 36873687 said:

Thanks man please do

So I finally got a chance to compare the two different binary engineering comps. I did some doubles comparing my Venom with the short binary , my backup gun with new top end and long version and my old main gun with a cheely 4 port titanium. Load used for testing is 10.3 gn of AA7 at 1.165 oal w/ Everglades 115 gn jhp v2’s,  173 pf out of all 3 guns .  Enjoy 

Edited by Knguyen1904

1 hour ago, Knguyen1904 said:

So I finally got a chance to compare the two different binary engineering comps. I did some doubles comparing my Venom with the short binary , my backup gun with new top end and long version and my old main gun with a cheely 4 port titanium. Load used for testing is 10.3 gn of AA7 at 1.165 oal w/ Everglades 115 gn jhp v2’s,  173 pf out of all 3 guns .  Enjoy 

The hybrids are clearly flatter. It’s tough to say which of the two are flatter based off the video. I wanna say the short comp gun, first In the video was the flattest. But it’s close. Which felt best to you? 

Edited by Jfitz427

2 hours ago, Knguyen1904 said:

That’s great thanks

8 hours ago, Jfitz427 said:

The hybrids are clearly flatter. It’s tough to say which of the two are flatter based off the video. I wanna say the short comp gun, first In the video was the flattest. But it’s close. Which felt best to you? 

I forgot to mention about the popple holes cause they are a little different. The shorty binary engineering has 3 and the long has only two 3/8 holes . The cheely gun has two 1/8” holes . 

44E915B5-A4B2-4802-AE38-178FC1EBD770.jpeg

22 minutes ago, BigBamBoo said:

Is there a "better" way to contact them/him? I have sent a couple of messages via the Facebook page and have not received a response.

I first spoke to him on here, then we set up a time to talk on the phone about what I wanted to do. On here his name is donnyglock. Shoot him a message.

I fully assume your messages are going into his filtered inbox. Don is not the most tech savvy person.

If you are not friends with him on FB... Send a Friend request along with your message. This should pull your message out of the filtered section in messenger.

Or

Email him at venomcustomguns @ gmail dot com

29 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

T minus 1 hour until work is over and I can go to fedex and pick up my gun. Can’t friggen wait. Then my new 6 moa Romeo 1, and Everglades mount and Everglades 124g v2 Jhp should be here Friday 

That's awesome man! Enjoy it! 

And here she is. It seriously looks even better in person. Really a piece of art. It’s essentially a new gun, the only thing original is the frame and slide. New trigger shoe and bow, hammer, sear, disconnector, spring etc. new infinity Ambi safety’s, new grip, magwell, barrel, slide racker, Everything has been blended and then refinished. The only other thing I want to do is have the barrel a Tin coated. I think the gold will look awesome with the gray. I decided to really bring this gun up to modern times and sell my slide ride and replace it with a new sig Romeo and an Everglades mount. That should be here Friday. I really love the slide rides, but being that 9mm can be a little finicky, I thought ditching it for a micro dot and the smaller mount would ensure perfect reliability. 

Gonna develop a load with hs-6 and some 124g jhp, either PD, Everglades or RMR. Got some Everglades coming, so will see how they shoot. My guess is with the holes it’ll take around 7.8-8g of hs-6 for major. 

128281B8-309B-479F-AA5F-B6121166C673.jpeg

9FB30DA6-04AB-4CAD-B6A2-C917CE1FD072.jpeg

2B0A4456-F070-4E0B-9DE6-B9C244B74A20.jpeg

358F53C8-6AD8-43FA-817D-1A9AE72EE4A7.jpeg

3F98F1F1-268C-4703-9826-3C83680F2774.jpeg

BD94A95D-EF3A-4861-A890-3B9A5C0076B8.jpeg

E6E88586-3B3D-490E-B172-9F75856A668F.jpeg

40 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

What Cerekote color did you go with?

It’s actually a custom color. It’s 3 parts 1 color 1 part another. I wanna say it’s 3 parts sniper gray 1 part titanium. It really looks incredible in person. 

6 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

Phoenix Trinity is sending something a little special for me to Don. I’ve probably annoyed the hell out of Don with me changing my mind on what I want but in the end I’m just going to trust him on what he chooses.

That’s exactly what I did. At first I was sending him all these pics of slide designs I liked. Then finally I was just like work your magic man, you’re the artist here, do whatever you think will look good . All I do is copy other designs lol. And I couldn’t be happier with how it came out. I never would have thought of tri topping the comp. not to mention all the other stuff he did. I think I’m gonna very slowly start acquiring parts for next build with him. It won’t be for a year or two, but slowly buying everything won’t be such a shock to my bank account lol. But I’m gonna do a hybrid barrel, one of the new KKMs, binary comp, PT grip, either full dustcover or butler cut. Then probably all the same trigger components. Extreme hammer and sear etc. but I’m gonna shoot the s#!t out of this gun first.

Edited by Jfitz427

I basically sent him my gutted Open guns and Limited gun with all of the parts I wanted fit and installed. No real instructions on cuts as the Limited gun is an SPS and wouldn’t increase it’s value and one of my Open guns is fully hard chromed so it’s hard to tell him to cut it.

In the end, I’ll be happy with whatever he chooses to do.

9 hours ago, B_Seehawer said:

I basically sent him my gutted Open guns and Limited gun with all of the parts I wanted fit and installed. No real instructions on cuts as the Limited gun is an SPS and wouldn’t increase it’s value and one of my Open guns is fully hard chromed so it’s hard to tell him to cut it.

In the end, I’ll be happy with whatever he chooses to do.

My limited gun is also an SPS, and I was contemplating having him turn it into a sight tracker. With either one of the Schumann hybrid barrels or one of the new KKMs. Decided not to, as I think it would void the warranty. It would have been sweet though. You’ll have to post some pics when they’re all done. 

I talked with him last night. Mine is about to get started. 

Middy

Hybrid barrel

Butler cut

PT frame

PT Grip

Vario flat trigger

Binary comp

All black

Naked slide except for rear cocking serrations

Gonna be awesome!