Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best gun bag for Single Stack?

midvalleyshooter

I am putting this here in the 1911 forum so more Single Stack shooters see it. I have a big Tournament gun bag that was a gift and a midway gun bag that was a prize. What I am looking for is a gun bag that works well for Single Stack. My Tournament bag is too big and the midway bag does not have pockets for magazine storage.

So I am looking for the perfect gun bag for Single Stack. What do you use? I could just get an independent storage container for my Single Stack mags and use the Midway bag. But I do favor the built in storage for mags.

What bag do you like for Single Stack?

I like the GPS range bag for SS

Mine is about 14-16" long and maybe 12" wide.

Sorry I've had it for 7-8 years so I don't know which model it is.

It's plenty big enough for every thing I need.

I use a separate GPS gun bag for the guns.

Still not much to haul around 

Used it at Nat's, area matches and of course locals never felt under bagged!!!

For limited and open I use a large shooters connection bag and I usually feel like its to big, but it's what I have and I'm not looking to spend any money on another bag just to go smaller.

When it wears out I'll get something smaller for limited/open

On 11/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, midvalleyshooter said:

I am putting this here in the 1911 forum so more Single Stack shooters see it. I have a big Tournament gun bag that was a gift and a midway gun bag that was a prize. What I am looking for is a gun bag that works well for Single Stack. My Tournament bag is too big and the midway bag does not have pockets for magazine storage.

So I am looking for the perfect gun bag for Single Stack. What do you use? I could just get an independent storage container for my Single Stack mags and use the Midway bag. But I do favor the built in storage for mags.

What bag do you like for Single Stack?

I have a 5.11 range qualifier bag that works well for USPSA in general. Has a slot on both ends for your USPSA card, ton of mag slots, room for 2 guns, ear pro, ammo, and misc stuff like screwdrivers and small parts. Not huge, not small. Not really specific to single stack but that’s all I shoot and I don’t think I’ll switch.  It has everything I need and nothing I don’t.

Edited by Rosswoodford

I have the larger Midway bag and the side pouch holds 8 mags and the removable middle has another 6 spots for mags. I just take out the middle for matches. It holds two guns, ammo, and extra mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-II-P4512.aspx

this is what I use, It fits perfectly in my travel case and I use the mag sections for tools and my mag brush at the range and the other side pocket is where I put a mag sleeve with all my mags. And the inside had a good center section that fits my parts kit and a few boxes of ammo and my eyes and ears then I use a pistol sleeve that fits in the center section side partitions. It’s the perfect size for a single gun bag

• 1 month later...

Homer Bucket on a home-made cart. Handle is removable with one spring button, so it easily fits in the back of a pickup truck, van or SUV. 

I use these for magazine storage: https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/range-gear/magazine-storage-pouches/semi-auto-magazine-storage-pouch-prod4151.aspx

The four slot pouch fits, and it's ideal for any division. Eight mags total for Production, two mag holders. Four mags for Ltd, CO, one pouch. Eight single stack mags fit in one, so again ideal. Fit easily in Homer bucket with gun in standard pistol envelope type pouch, tools, parts and ear protection.  And I don't need a special bag for whatever division I'm shooting. Just pick up the gun and mags, drop in bucket and go to range.

20181223_092156_resized.jpg

20181223_092210_resized.jpg

20181223_092236_resized.jpg

Edited by robertg5322

Voodoo Tactical 2-in1 range bag:  https://www.voodootactical.com/two-in-one-full-size-range-bag.html. The photos aren't the greatest, but take note of the ones that show the inner bag. Both sides are padded zippered pouches that can store the firearm between stages, and there are mag pouches sewn into the interior bag.  I keep the interior bag inside all the time with no issue but I can see how some might consider it too small if they are carrying excessive (my opinion) crap around with them.  But of course the interior bag can be removed and carried separately if required.  I'm a single stack shooter as well, and this is as close to ideal as I could ask.  

I've been using an open top tool bag.  This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0788VGQMV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What's neat about it is the small parts bin that zips into the bottom.  I took that out, and it fits a small plano hard plastic pistol case perfectly.  There are lots of little pockets for tools, granola bars, asprin etc. And the three large spaces are great for ammo boxes.  There are two clipped straps that hold my hearing protection and a spent brass bag and it's just big enough around that I can put my competition belt on top of it, pick it up by the handle and carry everything in one hand.  The only downside I've found is that there is no protection from rain.

On November 12, 2018 at 3:49 PM, tdp88 said:

I have the larger Midway bag and the side pouch holds 8 mags and the removable middle has another 6 spots for mags. I just take out the middle for matches. It holds two guns, ammo, and extra mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.  Used it for all classes but SS and revo, but will be using it for SS this season.