Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more VS RTS2 OR SIMILAR?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

Me experience I’ve shot cmore slide ride on rifles an open gun for a short time. Then went with dpp. Good dot it was2.5 moa. The on off option sucks an controls.now I have 3 rts2 love everything about em. On off controls they do have some down falls in  durability  Department. But I haven’t had a issue yet. The window is huge almost like slide ride.if u shoot open add rtv blue gasket on the mount. It cushions the dot. 

I've used both and have the RTS2, been shooting it all year with no issues. I miss the knob on top to turn on/off the dot for the old style c-more but I like that the RTS2 is lower to the slide although you'll need some dryfire to learn to find the dot and bring the gun up higher. I don't feel like there is any real difference while shooting, except that the sight is closer to the bore and it makes the gun feel a little smaller.

12 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Not sure what that means ?

Do you mean they break often ?   Or will not work one day, but will work the next day ?

What fails on them ?   

They got off to a terrible start by shutting off constantly. A scarce few still seem to have issues with them but I have two that just need a new battery every great once in a while.

10 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Do you mean they break often ?   Or will not work one day, but will work the next day ?

What fails on them ?   

I have 5 dots and two open pistols. I have had them go out, turn on randomly, blown the glass out. I have one that has been back 4 times. 

10 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

What fails on them ?   

I have 4, have also had others.  All are running fine. 

(I'm guessing that folks that don't have problems with something don't write in to complain about it.)

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, 3gunDQ said:

I shoot the rts2 and like the dot even though they are not super reliable.

I know what you mean. In January STI replaced my original C-More with a RTS2 and mount. A few weeks ago it started to dim or almost shut off and then back on when the slide would cycle. Fortunately I have another one that I'm running for now until I get the one back from C-More

It's amazing to me the different experiences everyone has with their dots.  I have 5 FF3s, 3 RTS2v4s, 3 DPP and 1 Slideride.

The FF3s sip batteries.  I've had one in for three years on a gun that gets shot weekly.  I bought a box of ten years ago and I still have seven of them left.  They will probably expire before I use them.  For the money, you cannot beat them.  My RTS2s require a new battery before every match.  I buy batteries in packs of 20.  I'm on my third pack this year.  Same with the Slideride.  The DPP batteries last a long time.  I don't know how long, because I've only been using them for a year.

30 minutes ago, echotango said:

I shoot 3x week and change my rts2 batteries about 2x a year just because. Still at 3.0v+. That is not right. 

That’s why, the V4 gobbles up batteries quick. I have to change batteries quite frequently on my V4 RTS also. 

On a a frame mounted gun the RTS2 is awesome, bright and very clear distinct dot with a housing that reminds you of a slide ride C-more but with settings that stay where you put them. Now on a slide mount like a carry optics gun the RTS2 has let me down several times both times with the dot losing zero and going to the top, So far the DPP has been much more durable in CO however the orangish nature of the dot is less than ideal compared to the RTS2. Not much problems on ether dot with batteries though.

23 hours ago, echotango said:

All 6 of mine are v4.  

Ahh. Misread your post. thought it said Ver. 3. 

Anyways, mine uses them up quick and there are a few others that I know of that also go through batteries very quickly. Between that and the diodes letting loose, I'm in a love hate relationship with mine.

DPP 7.5moa for me. I’ve got three of them and they all have been excellent in terms of performance and battery life. I’ve also got an RTS2 on my open gun - I like the brightness of the dot but it definitely eats batteries in a hurry.

2 hours ago, lacivilian said:

Really enjoying the Romeo3. Several thousand rounds down the pipe now and have not had single hiccup or change of zero.

I've got two one has about 8k through it and the other less then a thousand but I was impressed with the reliability brightness and compact package purchased a second for the new custom primary gun,  no reason to go a different way if it's not broken don't fix it

11 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I wish they do a 6 moa or 8moa. 

Unless you have an astigmatism it is irrelevant. A dot is a dot is a dot. You should be looking at the target and feeling the dot, NOT looking at a dot thats a certain size. If you are truly target focused you won't even notice the difference in a 3 or 6 moa dot.