Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many Divisions do you regularly compete in?

pskys2

How many Divisions do you regularly compete in?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many Divisions do you try to compete in?

• I choose one and stick with it
    • I shoot 2-4 RF Divisions only
    • I shoot 2-4 CF Divisions only
    • I shoot 2-4 RF/CF Divisions
    • I shoot more than 4 Divisions
    • I shoot all Divisons

I picked "I choose one and stick with it", but that's not entirely accurate. I'll switch divisions, but I'll do it over the winter when I'm not shooting and only dry firing. Once I pick a division I'll stick with it for the year, then about this time next year I'll decide what I'm doing the following year. And dry fire that division over the winter, by the first match I'll be ready to go in the new division.

Edit, I just realized this was in the SC section. No one shoots one division in SC do they? Disregard my comment above.

Edited by Racinready300ex

I regularly shoot Open, CO, PCC, RFRO. and RFPO. Will sometimes throw in the iron sight divisions. I rotate each through out the year because we shoot a 4 stage match twice a week for 26 weeks straight every year. I do buckle down for a few weeks on my more important divisions when WSSC and larger matches come about.  Changing it up helps keep it interesting for me.  I only really setup and practice RFRO, PCC, and OPEN outside of the weekly matches. I don't believe it helps or hinders me to shoot this many different guns throughout the year.

Edited by stango424

On 10/18/2018 at 1:44 PM, Racinready300ex said:

I picked "I choose one and stick with it", but that's not entirely accurate. I'll switch divisions, but I'll do it over the winter when I'm not shooting and only dry firing. Once I pick a division I'll stick with it for the year, then about this time next year I'll decide what I'm doing the following year. And dry fire that division over the winter, by the first match I'll be ready to go in the new division.

Edit, I just realized this was in the SC section. No one shoots one division in SC do they? Disregard my comment above.

Heck that's one of my troubles right now in USPSA I can't make a decision on which Division to shoot.  If it's not Revolver then I keep drifting from one to another!

Maybe that's why I only shot SC worth a darn this year?  And not much of that even.

20 hours ago, Scootertheshooter said:

I’m all over the freakin map because I want to play . PCCO,RFRO,RFRI,RFPO,RFPI have but haven’t competed in PCCI yet. I’m a mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey just a mess of fun, Right?  

I like four divisions, Open, RFPO. RFFO & PCCO. It would be hard to shoot the four divisions at a one day local match so what I am going to do in 2019 is shoot Open & RFPO at a local match on the 2nd. Saturday that does not allow long guns (all of you know where that is) and RFRO & PCCO on the 3rd. Saturday at a club that allows all divisions.   

I tend to pick one division and shoot it in local SC matches for a year, then the next year I pick a different one.  In major SC matches I shoot as many divisions as I can, so normally four or six divisions.

For my one division for the year when I am shooting centerfire, I shoot whatever division I'm shooting in USPSA that year.  If that year's SC gun is a rimfire or PCC, I pick whatever I don't have a GM classification in yet.  (Next year, for example, will be CO for most matches, with a little of SS, Production, RFPO, RFRO, PCCO, and RFPI thrown in during larger matches, or for an occasional local match.)  The following year I may head back to Production, which is where I belong.

I don't have a classification in RFRI or PCCI, and I'm not sure if I ever will for RFRI.  (I don't have a rimfire rifle that only has iron sights at the moment.)  Sometime, maybe.  I do have an extra upper for my PCC that has a removable optic and some good visible iron sights, so sometime I might try that just for humor's sake. 

I doubt I'll ever shoot either revolver division, and probably not Open until I get an open gun, which won't be for a long, long time.  I could borrow my wife's Open gun, but I'd want to practice with it first, and my practice time is currently spent on whatever CF division I'm shooting in USPSA.  :)  (Last year it was PCC, this year it is SS, and next year will be CO.  Prior to all that I was Production for years.) 

In general, obviously, I like shooting multiple divisions in SC.  It is fun to change things up.  (This is the opposite of USPSA for me, where I focus on one gun for at least a year at a time, if not for multiple years.)

I'm classified in Open (with a dot sighted 6 shot revolver for fun at the 2015 Free State, didn't do too bad in place but time were slow for open it was funny used a 45 acp with 185 swc @680f/s would be halfway through a run before the first steel rang!), Ltd, CO, Prod, ISR, OSR,  RFPI.

So next match will be SS (just picked up a Taylor 1911 in 9mm it shoots great) and RFPO (put a venom 6 dot on a m22a).  Don't have any 22 rifles to use or PCC's.

This was my first year shooting Steel Challenge as there is only one local match to me (thankfully my own club).  There is a morning and afternoon session and I shoot both.

I shot RFRO and PCCO all season.  I was shooting PCC in USPSA this year so that was an obvious choice.  Next year I might switch one out for Production if I end up picking a Shadow 2 like I am thinking of.  I like the cheap cost of rimfire and less reloading to do but we'll see.  Currently sitting at an A in RFRO and B in PCCO with one match left on the season.

Picked 2-4 RF/CF but I’m classified in 5. RFPO regularly, RFRO and PROD occasionally, OPEN and CO once each, but I’ll shoot them again. 

I don't like to shoot multiple divisions at the same time, but as long as one of them is the rifle, I don’t think it hinders me too much. I will not shoot RFPO and PROD at the same time, because it hurts me on both guns. I’ll only do both in the same match if it’s an AM/PM schedule or multi-day match. Then I feel like I do ok. 

I used to shoot limited, pcc, and production, until I tried carry optics. Plan on just shooting c/o until I can afford an open gun in a year or so. The only advantage I see in shooting 2 divisions in local match is you get a better feel of the course for your second run.

This year OSR and ISR. I usually shoot both at any SCSA match I enter but every time I pull the lever on ISR I ask myself why? I guess it really doesn't hurt but I would like to become proficient in just 1 gun first so my gut tells me to just concentrate on one but my impulses usually overrule. Now that the big matches for the year are over, I would actually like to try open rimfire pistol and I think I'm going to soon just to see what happens although I think I already know how that will go. I'm going to shoot open rimfire rifle, I've only shot the gun twice in the past, at a local for fun match this weekend but I really don't see that becoming a habit.

Rifle optic (PCC or RFRO) and a pistol.

I tried to shoot Limited and CO at the same match and it did NOT go well.  Plus I don't have to carry and switch two belts at each stage.

I haven't tried to shoot CO and RFPO together, I may have to give that a try this winter.

I sure wish we had SC to shoot every week instead of 3 stages once a month!