Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Match Ammo for Shadow 2 - factory and / or yours

lfine

Apologies if this is started somewhere else...

Was wondering what those of you who have been using Shadow 2s in competition (USPSA, IDPA, Three gun) have as a favorite match ammo? Factory ammo included. Thanks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

Precision Delta 147s!

I like those too....I don't know why we switched to the IbejiHeads , I'll have to ask my buddy that orders this stuff. $$$ maybe?

are the Precision Deltas more expensive?

One thing to mention is when picking a bullet profile look for companies that have a longer nose profile.  CZ's have a shorter throat than some manufacturers and the longer profile allows you to load to a longer OAL.  Lots of companies do this now and you don't have to do it but I like having the option to load longer if I want to.

Since everyone is posting their reload recipes, I'll offer a factory option. I've had really good luck with CBC/Magtech factory 115gr ammo. It shoots accurately and softly (the slide stays dead flat in the Shadow and just as flat in the plastic Phantom which weighs 35% less). I've never had to pay more than $0.20/round including shipping and it's dead reliable, even with a reduced weight hammer spring. I have less than a case left, but have a couple cases of American Eagle 124gr sitting in storage which I'm going to try out next.

I got a case of the Federal Syntech Action Pistol 9mm recently, and it is pretty excellent in every gun so far.  Prod, PCC, carry gun.  Going to try it in a 9mm 2011 next week.

Just testing it’s viability for Nats.   The .40 stuff is great, too.

I have been running blue lakes 147s with a lot of success. Have 3 cases of 150gr syntech coming in... If it is too long, it will go to the Beretta. Couldn't find much in the way of folks mentioning Federal's 150s in respect to the S2.