Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Chaos Open Gun [Video Review]

GorillaTactical

A hawkeye ordinance video talked me out of buying a tricked out CZ or a bone stock STI. I went straight to an Atlas Titan and I would do it all over again. After watching this video I'm trying to talk myself out of an open gun. 

On 6/28/2018 at 5:48 PM, old558 said:

One of my buds told me to skip the STI and go Atlas, this doesn't help 

I was going to pickup an STI about 2 years ago when I got into some conversations with Atlas about their builds...haven't looked back and skipped the STI altogether. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, Adamj said:

A hawkeye ordinance video talked me out of buying a tricked out CZ or a bone stock STI. I went straight to an Atlas Titan and I would do it all over again. After watching this video I'm trying to talk myself out of an open gun. 

Which video?

On 7/28/2018 at 4:00 AM, SeattleDude said:

Did you have to modify your Herd Holster to fit more square PT frame?

I am still looking for that perfect holster for my chaos

I just switched from DAA to the Safariland 014.  I like it a lot more so far.  It's clearly more "sturdy" and I can draw from any angle without any hiccup.  Apply a little pressure on any axis other than straight up out of the Race Master and it might catch.

• 5 months later...

I'm running a Chaos with the Alpha X wtih extended muzzle support and thigh pad (plan to add extended ball joint). With these two additions, the Alpha X rivals the Safariland 014  (which I use for another gun). The extended muzzle support adds more security to the hold, reducing worries that the gun will drop.

I concur that the 014 feels sturdier, but have not seen any issues with draw angle on the Alpha X. The Alpha X also affords more adjustments (with the ball joint) and has one-screw removal for traveling, without removing the main belt bracket.

I have a Nemesis right now, but slowly but surely the eyes are slowly getting weaker so will move to Open probably next season.  Really good video by the OP and will most likely be ordering a chaos in the near future.  

1 hour ago, JJB05 said:

I have a Nemesis right now, but slowly but surely the eyes are slowly getting weaker so will move to Open probably next season.  Really good video by the OP and will most likely be ordering a chaos in the near future.  

I'd encourage you to look into the Akai guns as well. They really seem to have open guns figured out. Their shooters consistently finish at the top of open division in National, Area, and Sectional matches.

5 minutes ago, davidb72 said:

I'd encourage you to look into the Akai guns as well. They really seem to have open guns figured out. Their shooters consistently finish at the top of open division in National, Area, and Sectional matches.

Thanks for the info sir! i will check them out.  I like winners.

14 hours ago, davidb72 said:

They might have the guns figured out, but I would argue that they don't have production figured out.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, dsim4181 said:

great video, I have a Titan as well and am looking to switch to open your video was extremely helpful.

Lemme know I have a new atlas chaos 200 rds down barrel, DPP, 170mm,155mm,140mm I’ll drop if anyone’s interested 

• 2 weeks later...