Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
bigdaddyZ

Options for a 52" multigun bag

Recommended Posts

Voodoo Tactical has a sweet 56 inch 3 Gun bag very impressed with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VooDoo is good kit.

 

VST2018 will get you a 25% discount online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, 2alphas said:

VooDoo is good kit.

 

VST2018 will get you a 25% discount online

 

Used mine for the first time 2 weeks ago. Definitely big enough to hold everything I needed for 4 stages and more.  Heavy walking between stages but nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The safari land or the Vodoo are great choices. Both have stood up to 3+ years of hard use each. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Academy Sports has the Draco’s on sale near me. I have one of their bag and it is pretty good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, 2005 Vette said:

Does anyone have any experience with a Savior 3 Gun Bag? It’s the highest rated on Amazon with a inexpensive price tag. 

 

 

Got one of these a couple months ago.

Not as nice as the Voodoo bag (friends has one).

 

But for less than half the cost I am very satisfied. Very nice bag for the money! Fits my 26" Franchi with 12 round tube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I first had the Midway bag and the shoulder straps blew out, complained on social media and "Jim" the owner sent me a new one. That I sold. I don't think you can make a good bag for that price. 

 

Now have a limited edition Viking Tactics double bag that is set up like the VooDoo but it's shorter so my shotgun sticks out of the top when I backpack it. I rather like it this way since I have a shorter, easier to handle bag that is easier to get up onto my back, easier in the vehicle and home in storage, and when I want to carry just my rifle it isn't flopping around. If it rains I'd be trash bagging it anyway. It's built like a tank with a real backpack harness. 

 

The ultimate might be the Eberlestock 3-gun set up. Their website is confusing but the premise is that you have a rigid sided backpack that opens from the back, with a plastic skid plate on the exterior back. This keeps your pistol, ammo, and other gear dry and out of the mud and dust. Then your rifle and shotgun cases strap to the sides of the packs, like you would with skis, so each case is separate and you can use them independently later. No extra flopping material and everything opens up and stays away from the mud, it can't even flop over. 

 

https://www.eberlestock.com/store/upranger 

http://www.eberlestock.com/store/sidewinder-rifleshotgun-case

http://www.eberlestock.com/store/sidewinder-ar-rifle-case

 

It's $440 when you're all done but you've already convinced yourself to drop $250 on a glorified floppy bag and $3000 on a modified Glock so just apply some more of that magical thinking ? I'm trying to rationalize it because maybe I could also use it with cameras, I like the idea of a rugged mud flap on the back of the pack. 

 

All the same the Eberlestock website sucks for all the money they charge, but their products are really solid, well built. 

 

Edited by Frankly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

 

Got one of these a couple months ago.

Not as nice as the Voodoo bag (friends has one).

 

But for less than half the cost I am very satisfied. Very nice bag for the money! Fits my 26" Franchi with 12 round tube.

I just ordered the 55" NCStar bag which I'm pretty sure is the exact same as the Savior. I already have the 42" which works great, but I don't like disassembling my 26" Franchi every time I go to the range. Always worried I'm going to lose the follower..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had really good luck with the midway bag but I only use it to transport the guns to and from the range, then at the range I load up my cart to transport the guns. If I was using to transport the firearms at a match I would defiantly get something more durable like the VooDoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the Hogue bag for a couple years and it has held up great. Just a little dirty is all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used the brownells one for 3 years...it gets the job done.

 

+1 for the voodoo 56", got it this year, its perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The discount code I provided earlier for VooDoo is still operational if anyone is interested.

 

TC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, ronhonda said:

I'm a big fan of the Brownells bag. my bag is 7 years old and has held up well. plus the current price is hard to beat.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/gun-storage/gun-cases/3-gun-case-prod97329.aspx

 

 

Just was looking at these--the black is on sale for $59.99 and they have free shipping over $49 today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voodoo tactical hands down.  They stand behind their products.

Edited by DJD
Misspelled word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 2:31 PM, funkymonkey1111 said:

 

 

Just was looking at these--the black is on sale for $59.99 and they have free shipping over $49 today. 

i think i paid over $150 for it new several years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also had good luck with the Midway drag bag. Though as mveto stated I too only use them to store my long guns for the car ride. When I get to the range I just load up my cart and go from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using vst2018 for the VooDoo code?

 

I just tested it and it worked.

 

Send me a PM if still a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 11:56 AM, Frankly said:

I first had the Midway bag and the shoulder straps blew out, complained on social media and "Jim" the owner sent me a new one. That I sold. I don't think you can make a good bag for that price. 

 

Now have a limited edition Viking Tactics double bag that is set up like the VooDoo but it's shorter so my shotgun sticks out of the top when I backpack it. I rather like it this way since I have a shorter, easier to handle bag that is easier to get up onto my back, easier in the vehicle and home in storage, and when I want to carry just my rifle it isn't flopping around. If it rains I'd be trash bagging it anyway. It's built like a tank with a real backpack harness. 

 

The ultimate might be the Eberlestock 3-gun set up. Their website is confusing but the premise is that you have a rigid sided backpack that opens from the back, with a plastic skid plate on the exterior back. This keeps your pistol, ammo, and other gear dry and out of the mud and dust. Then your rifle and shotgun cases strap to the sides of the packs, like you would with skis, so each case is separate and you can use them independently later. No extra flopping material and everything opens up and stays away from the mud, it can't even flop over. 

 

https://www.eberlestock.com/store/upranger 

http://www.eberlestock.com/store/sidewinder-rifleshotgun-case

http://www.eberlestock.com/store/sidewinder-ar-rifle-case

 

It's $440 when you're all done but you've already convinced yourself to drop $250 on a glorified floppy bag and $3000 on a modified Glock so just apply some more of that magical thinking ? I'm trying to rationalize it because maybe I could also use it with cameras, I like the idea of a rugged mud flap on the back of the pack. 

 

All the same the Eberlestock website sucks for all the money they charge, but their products are really solid, well built. 

 

I picked up a Eberlestock 3-gun set up with  the shotgun and rifle cases around April but have yet to try it out. At first sight it seems like a great set up for 3 gun. I did pack everything I normally carry including ammo for a local match this past summer and everything seem to pack nicely. Unfortunately, I was unable able to attend the match and the bag went into boxes due to relocating accross the country. I’m debating using it this weekend for the Fort Benning Multi gun match in lieu of the gun stroller. I’ll pack it tomorrow night and see how everything looks and will try to remember to snap some pictures for you guys. 

Edited by Htownfister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a new Voodoo Tactical range bag to compliment my rifle cases, and the price was excellent.  I'm again impressed with the design and quality of build of Voodoo products.  It would take quite a bit to get me to buy from a different manufacturer.

Edited by jkrispies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×