Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case pro 100 for 40 cal

Dirtchevy841

Need some help. Is the case pro 100 for 40 worth the money ? I run all my 40 brass for my Sv through a grx push through die. 100% reliable doing this step but I am shooting more and it takes a little more time to run brass through the grx on a single stage press. I’ve had mixed results with u dies so I went the way of the grx. Haven’t had 1 issue since going to this process with the grx die. Would like to speed process up but just don’t know if it’s worth the money to save a little time. Any thoughts from people who have bought one. 

I did the same thing when I got my SV. I had quite few malfunctions that required the “hold the slide while you smack the shit out of the grip”. So I started GRx’ing
Come to find out it was the profile of the Bullet. Not bulged cases. I have since got rid of the grx and case gauging all together. I am 100% confident in my ammo.
Dillon size die, MBF powder funnel, Redding comp seat die, Lee FCD. Mark 7 650.
Flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, cvincent said:

I did the same thing when I got my SV. I had quite few malfunctions that required the “hold the slide while you smack the shit out of the grip”. So I started GRx’ing
Come to find out it was the profile of the Bullet. Not bulged cases. I have since got rid of the grx and case gauging all together. I am 100% confident in my ammo.
Dillon size die, MBF powder funnel, Redding comp seat die, Lee FCD. Mark 7 650.
Flawless.

I had same issues with bayou bullets. Only run blue bullets, Montana gold and precision delta now. No issues at all. I have same die set up as you gonna have to run some without grx brass and see how they work. Grx is nice but it’s just to time consuming now that I am shooting more. 

I had same issues with bayou bullets. Only run blue bullets, Montana gold and precision delta now. No issues at all. I have same die set up as you gonna have to run some without grx brass and see how they work. Grx is nice but it’s just to time consuming now that I am shooting more. 

For sure try it. You probably don’t need it.
But if you do, here’s an old video of a case feeder mod I made. Worked really good. Under 20$ probably.

10 minutes ago, cvincent said:

For sure try it. You probably don’t need it.
But if you do, here’s an old video of a case feeder mod I made. Worked really good. Under 20$ probably.

That’s cool. What size copper tubing did you use for it? At the end looks like it just enough to hold case up without coming out. Is that right. Yeah I need to try this. 

I was using the undersized die for 38SC until the die started shaving brass when it got closer to the web area. 

Found a good deal on a Case Pro and use it for 38SC; 9mm; and .40. It does a great job and now w can use standard sizing dies when loading. The Case Pro is set up with a case feeder and I can outrun it. 

GRX setup is cheaper but I haven’t used that so hard for me to compare the two. 

That video is of mine running. I have a forcht case feeder motor upgrade. small pistol plate feeds 9mm at over 6K/Hr. Large pistol plate feeds 40 cal at over 6K/hr.

I have both the Case pro and the Roll Sizer.

Case pro 100 + automation from case pro

Price with 1 caliber = $2000 Shipped (From IL)

Caliber Conversions = $190-$350 per.

Output = 1,500/hr

Roll Sizer

Price with 1 caliber = $1500 Shipped (From AUS)

Caliber Conversions = $75-$100 per.

Output = 6,100/hr

I would hands down go with the Roll Sizer moving forward after extensive testing.

7 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

That video is of mine running. I have a forcht case feeder motor upgrade. small pistol plate feeds 9mm at over 6K/Hr. Large pistol plate feeds 40 cal at over 6K/hr.

Output = 1,500/hr

Roll Sizer

Output = 6,100/hr

I would hands down go with the Roll Sizer moving forward after extensive testing.

Thanks for the info. Sent email to them in Australia today. I like the set up of the toll sizer. 

14 hours ago, mach1soldier said:

Does the roll sizer from Australia come with a case feeder?

No it does not. Neither unit comes with a case feeder. Kevin from Roll sizer is going to be coming out with his own case feeder at some point. He's currently testing a prototype.

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 8:49 AM, Maximis228 said:

Output = 1,500/hr

Roll Sizer

Output = 6,100/hr

I’m not on Facebook is there any chance I could get an email or a link to where this is being sold thank you so much Tony 

2 minutes ago, tmz said:

I’m not on Facebook is there any chance I could get an email or a link to where this is being sold thank you so much Tony 

http://rollsizer.com/roll-sizer/

http://www.casepro100.com/

Since my earlier posts Ive roll about 500K+ on the Rollsizer. between 9/40/45/223. Thing is a tank! Sold off my case pro 100 to a buddy.

The Rollsizer now has a US based distributor as well so shipping times are much lower.

42 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

http://rollsizer.com/roll-sizer/

http://www.casepro100.com/

Since my earlier posts Ive roll about 500K+ on the Rollsizer. between 9/40/45/223. Thing is a tank! Sold off my case pro 100 to a buddy.

The Rollsizer now has a US based distributor as well so shipping times are much lower.

Thanks so much !

I would plan on putting a rollsizer in a separate room  from from 650, what case feeders are you Guys using?

thanks for the tip on the roll sizer, getting sick of wasting hours on the bulge buster!

On 7/2/2018 at 1:02 PM, MikeyScuba said:

I would plan on putting a rollsizer in a separate room  from from 650, what case feeders are you Guys using?

thanks for the tip on the roll sizer, getting sick of wasting hours on the bulge buster!

If you want the best, MA Systems. Otherwise Dillon is prob the most common.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:02 PM, MikeyScuba said:

I have a forcht case feeder motor upgrade. small pistol plate feeds 9mm at over 6K/Hr. Large pistol plate feeds 40 cal at over 6K/hr.

Total cost is $500 ($550 now that prices have increased) for the Dillon case feeder + Forcht upgrade. MA starts around $1000 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through basically the same steps as you did. I started with the GRX, my results were questionable, but I soon realized that if you are shooting any kind of volume at all the GRX is not a good solution. I then bumped up to the case pro, for me this worked great, but once again you are essentially adding a step into the process. For loading 40 the grx or case pro may be a necessary evil, but I can tell you where I ended up. I set the case pro aside and put an EGW U die in my press, with a Redding competition seater and a Redding Crimp die. This combination gets me 98% success. Usually out of a hundred I have 1 or 2 that are snug; those go in the practice bucket and are fine. Before you drop some serious coin on a roll sizer Id give the U die another shot. I had a few problems with mine out of the gate, but I adjusted the die to just barely above the shell plate and it has been good to me so far.

For reference I am shooting an SV, loading 180 gn Blue Bullets into range brass at 1.190 OAL. The profile of the Blue Bullets seem to be the ticket in my SV chamber. 

Calvin

I am a G-Rx user too, and I absolutely *hate* it. I found that the U-die wasn't 100% reliable, I would get a few that would not pass, which I guess is not a deal-killer. Like @inkballedtarget mentions, I could throw those in the training ammo bucket.

My biggest complaint with the U-Die is that it is so hard to use. The cases get stuck and are really hard to remove from the die on the upstroke (Dillon XL650). I hate reloading with the u-die because of this. I have tried some One Shot lube, and that doesn't really help. A little Imperial sizing lube helped, but is obviously a pain in the butt to use for pistol cases and is not a practical solution.

So combine the failure rate with the difficulty in using, and I have taken the u-die back off. Do others have the same problems with the u-die where it becomes so much harder to load?

I have resigned myself to using the hated Redding G-Rx setup for my competition rounds where I get 100% success. This thing absolutely KILLS my elbow however and takes forever!!! I just hate doing it.

Someone needs to invent a better solution that doesn't cost $2,000.

I ALWAYS use Dillon case lube and U-dies with all pistol ammo, after CasePro rolling. Drop in the tumbler to remove the lube for 20-30 minutes and check the primers. Then into the ammo can...

Lube makes reloading life soooo much easier...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

13 hours ago, Doublehelix said:

I have resigned myself to using the hated Redding G-Rx setup for my competition rounds where I get 100% success. This thing absolutely KILLS my elbow however and takes forever!!! I just hate doing it.

Just have some kids, I have convinced my kids that brass processing is the fun part, they run the case pro for me easily.

Free labor is why I convinced myself to purchase a case pro.  I was a Lee bulge buster user before, but now all brass is sorted and rolled for me by small kid hands.

Edited by armedmoose
Word