Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case pro 100 for 40 cal

Dirtchevy841

On 7/16/2018 at 12:19 AM, armedmoose said:

Just have some kids, I have convinced my kids that brass processing is the fun part, they run the case pro for me easily.

Free labor is why I convinced myself to purchase a case pro.  I was a Lee bulge buster user before, but now all brass is sorted and rolled for me by small kid hands.

2 sons here and they like to shoot. So I pay them 5 bucks per 1k. Plus I bought them a dillon sdb press so they can load their 9mm. They love it. 

15 hours ago, Steven420 said:

You guys arent worried about lead poisoning your kids?

Nothing to worry about as we get lead levels yearly.  Just ask your doctor when you get Labs drawn.

I also make my kids wash their hands after helping reloading and do not let them eat while reloading.  

On 7/6/2018 at 5:30 AM, Maximis228 said:

I have a forcht case feeder motor upgrade. small pistol plate feeds 9mm at over 6K/Hr. Large pistol plate feeds 40 cal at over 6K/hr.

How are you feeding 6K/hour using a case feeder? I have the Dillon case feeder and it can barely keep up with the 2K - 2.5K per hour rate of an automated Case Pro 100.

22 hours ago, tanks said:

How are you feeding 6K/hour using a case feeder? I have the Dillon case feeder and it can barely keep up with the 2K - 2.5K per hour rate of an automated Case Pro 100.

Forcht motor upgrade. Slightly over double the speed.

https://immortobot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_30&products_id=272

11 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

I’m going to need half a day to install the Forcht motor, it doesn’t look straight forward to say the least.

Im pretty dumb and it took me about 45 mins. I didnt have the drill bits on hand needed so I used my largest one and then used a knife to hollow out the holes some more as needed to fit the controls.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:01 PM, tanks said:

I just received my automated  Case Pro 100 last Tuesday. All set up, I have about 50K+ brass to roll size ;)  Well worth the money.

If you don’t mind me asking what was the total setup cost? The grx is getting old and the boys are starting to think it’s not worth it ? 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, Doublehelix said:

My biggest complaint with the U-Die is that it is so hard to use. The cases get stuck and are really hard to remove from the die on the upstroke (Dillon XL650). I hate reloading with the u-die because of this. I have tried some One Shot lube, and that doesn't really help. A little Imperial sizing lube helped, but is obviously a pain in the butt to use for pistol cases and is not a practical solution.

I found using the DIY lanolin and alcohol lube to be the best option. 1-4oz of the lanolin in 32oz of pure isopropyl alcohol. I vary the concentration to the task. Sizing rifle brass, 4oz. Pistol stuff 1-3oz.

You do need to tumble finished ammo in dry media to remove any residue lube.

It's cheap and works (at least for me)