Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Mag Pouches

turbopower18

Plan on shooting some SS in USPSA this year. Having trouble deciding on what mag pouches to go with. Looking at the DAA Racers and Safariland 771’s but i’m wide open to opinions and suggestions. Been a few years since i’ve shot SS. So whats the hot mag pouch these days?! Thanks for the input in advance!

I have the 771s, I really like the Safariland belt system but the 1-3/4" belt limits my choices in mag pouches. The 771s are O.K. but if the DAA Racers worked on a 1-3/4" belt I'd love to try them.

The Black Scorpion pouches are nice once you set them up, and they can be converted to double stack.

They are a huge pain to set up initially (way too many small parts), and difficult to move from belt to belt.

Amazon has some knock offs for cheap...  I have the branded ones and my son uses the knockoffs.  The originals have better overall fit and finish and extra parts, and a carbon fibre look, but the knock offs work just as well. 

Originals

20171217_155312_2.jpg

I had had to drill a hole in the knock offs for the adjustment...

knockoffs

20171230_134710_2.jpg

Edited by AngelDeVille

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tompac said:

Glad to see you will be shooting some single stack. Someone else for me go learn from. I had good luck this year with DAA pouches. Come shoot with us in February 

You know i’ll make a few appearances at PCSI this year! Love shooting up there but man its a haul for me. I purchased some Racer pouches from a forum member and I think they’ll work well for me. I guess i’m going to have to relearn reloading since i’ve been shooting primarily PCC for almost a year now. haha See you on the range soon Tom!

2 hours ago, americanbrosinarms said:

I am currently running DAA Racer that I cut a relief in the front for my fingers to index. I have them bullets out right now with 6 on my belt.

I drilled the front hole to run bullets out and thought about doing a relief cut on them. I ran a drill bit in my finger to the bone doing the front hole so its hard to say if I would still have all 10 digits after relief cuts lol

I drilled the front hole to run bullets out and thought about doing a relief cut on them. I ran a drill bit in my finger to the bone doing the front hole so its hard to say if I would still have all 10 digits after relief cuts lol
Well send them to me I work for ammo lol6df515939aeeda0f8ed457123b6dbdcb.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, anbrumm said:

What'd you use for the relief cuts?

A scroll saw and a dremel.

I marked where I wanted the cuts then used the scroll saw to cut along the marks then used a small sanding wheel to get cuts smoother and then just used some 100 grit sandpaper. I was going to use higher grit sandpaper to get the edges nicer but figured if it works I am not going to mess with it. 

On 2/13/2018 at 7:10 PM, americanbrosinarms said:

Well send them to me I work for ammo lol6df515939aeeda0f8ed457123b6dbdcb.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I ended up doing the same thing. Don't got a scroll saw, so I did it by hand with a dremel. Doesn't look as nice, but it will do the job. Thanks for the idea.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:01 PM, TRPOperator said:

CR Speed pouches with the inserts that come with them are a good option as well. 

Went to CR speed after using DAA SS pouches for a year

DAA's were good no compliants

Just like the fact that the CR speed pouches but the mags farther out from your body, so they are a little faster for "me" to get to!

• 7 months later...

anyone use ghost mag pouches with the single stack insert? 

I don't want to spend $300 for a whole new belt set up. I already have the ghost pouches on my production rig (Bullets out)

figured i could add a spacer and change out my holster and half the hanger and be ready to rock and roll. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sure you already have this figured out but +1 for DAA racer pouches. I started with blade tech and the DAA are super smooth out and the belt stays in place better with the smaller attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the double alpha racer double stack with a spacer. Get more versatility for your money. 

I rarely shoot production (maybe 2 times ever) but I can quickly change my SS rig to production or ipsc standard 

I had the DAA racers for single stack only, but decided to go back to my long time favorite.  CR Speeds with the spacer.  I just find my hand naturally comes down to that area away from my best for the mag grab.