Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

8 hours ago, 858 said:

Yes. I replaced mine almost immediately because the barrel had a lot of slop in the original bushing.

in U.S . gunsmiths saw  &  solved  this problem from the beginning.but rest shooters from outside U.S.can't order  this products from U.S.

this European  accurate bushing made in chech . republic by A.Z.  but not by CZ😀 since first ts was produced. and price is not  60 USD 😉

now it can be ordered from EE.

from  A.Z.  u can order only by transfer payment to his  bank account 😉 probably he still didn't discover that in 21 century it can be done by  VISA.😀

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I replaced the bushing on my Shadow 2 and TSO. I don’t find a need to replace the bushing on my CM, yet.

Your CM doesn’t have a bushing.

I’m not aware of any claims that the TSO bushing is hand fitted. As far as I’m aware the only claim is hand fitting of the slide & barrel.

CZ sell unfitted factory bushings for both the TS & Shadow 2. It’s reasonably simple to have a gunsmith fit this to your barrel. Importantly for IPSC this is Production legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Does the Cajun 10x bushing require fitting?

No it doesn’t. I put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and applied lube to make the installation a little bit easier.

8 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Your CM doesn’t have a bushing.

I’m not aware of any claims that the TSO bushing is hand fitted. As far as I’m aware the only claim is hand fitting of the slide & barrel.

saw few  new TSO  with  damaged bushings that after over inserting  the bushing  they punch it  back to proper place with hardened tool .

bushing was deformed in 4 places and damaged barrel during shooting.  local cz distributor sent pic. of this new gun and asked from cz. eu. new bushing. but  cz denied that gun delivered in this condition and refused  to  replace the bushing. (cost of cz factory bushing  3  usd)   great service.

10 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

How do you get the bushing out?

A block of wood to support the front end of the slide, around the recoil spring channel area. The use a 11mm socket with a socket extension and a few firm hits with a hammer got mine to pop out. Be careful not to smack your slide.

Finally got time to hit the range today. I'm really liking the bushing upgrade. The tighter groups I'm getting is well worth the cost of the bushing, at least for me. My 9mm fitted barrel worked out beautifully as well. Running 9mm through my TSO felt like I was shooting 22LRs.

Holster preference/use questions

Just got - but haven't ever used - Double Alpha magnetic holster and mounting block for my newer TSO (the newer safety and mag release design).

I'm much more used to a traditional BOSS Bladetech DOH with my Shadow 2 and other previous production pieces.

Any thoughts on one over the other from experience? I know I'll have to retrain myself for the Double Alpha.

Thinking of getting a more traditional style for the TSO (with thumb rest) and see my main choices as Red Hill and the new (white only?) Unicorn ones from BSPS. Any others recommended from experience if I go that way?

I used a DAA Race Master holster for the last two seasons and just picked up a Alpha-X. I also use the muzzle support with them. I personally won't go back to a standard holster for IPSC. I like that I can clear my holster within the first 1.5" and I don't get holster wear on my slide etc. Just train yourself to get in the habbit of engaging the lock when you're not running a stage.

I use the race master for USPSA and the RHT holster for 2 or 3 gun. I like the race master better since it doesn’t wear the slide. The only reason I use the RHT is because speed holsters like the race master is not allowed in 2 or 3 gun.

saw few  new TSO  with  damaged bushings that after over inserting  the bushing  they punch it  back to proper place with hardened tool .
bushing was deformed in 4 places and damaged barrel during shooting.  local cz distributor sent pic. of this new gun and asked from cz. eu. new bushing. but  cz denied that gun delivered in this condition and refused  to  replace the bushing. (cost of cz factory bushing  3  usd)   great service.
How do you make sure to not over insert the barrel bushing? Just tap it a little at a time until it looks right?

I was thinking the bushing would hit a ridge in the frame and stop; apparently not.

Interesting, the oem bushing is $3 and the CGW bushing is $60.

Yigal, did the EE bushing need fitting?

11 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

How do you make sure to not over insert the barrel bushing? Just tap it a little at a time until it looks right?

The bushing has a lip. You cannot (without extreme effort) over-insert it.

finally tested my TSO with  EE  bushing after i removed the original  "fac"tory   cz "hand  fitted" [emoji3] bushing .
older bushing have 0.563" id . new EE  0.55" id . factory target that arrived with this  new TSO was 2.75"[emoji26] and all times that i shot this gun from rest
at 20m  the group was 3.5" with dif. factory ammo.
with this EE bushing from rest all  5 rounds  groups  was 1.25"-1.5" .    point of impact moved 2"  to left  side only. now rear sight  after zeroing  exactly on the middle of the slide.
What is the diameter of the barrel?

I’m going to be shooting my TSO .40 at the end of the month in my first uspsa level 2 match. I’ve only shot it at a local match, where it ate up the rubber recoil bushing within 200 rounds, and a second range day.  Will removing the rubber bushing make a big difference? I don’t want to have one break apart on me during the match and cause a malfunction.  

I’ve run a couple hundred rounds of the federal syntech 165gr rounds also and liked how they ran, but want to get a few hundred 205gr rounds since it seems that’s what most people use for competition. Can’t wait to run it at the match. 

I was thinking the bushing would hit a ridge in the frame and stop; apparently not.

Interesting, the oem bushing is $3 and the CGW bushing is $60.

Yigal, did the EE bushing need fitting?

The OEM bushing is so cheap because it comes unfitted.

It is possible (but not advisable) to DIY the fitting but realistically you need a gunsmith to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, MgtMike said:

Will removing the rubber bushing make a big difference? I don’t want to have one break apart on me during the match and cause a malfunction. 

I run my .40 without the rubber buffer, no issues here.

2 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

I think those only fit 2011s.

I’ve heard they may be coming out with a Czechmate/TSO version in the next few months.