Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

13 minutes ago, loaded605 said:

I went the same route, G35 to TSO.

If it is the newer TSO that comes with the extended Shadow 2 safety and mag release, and you get the CZ Custom extended safety you’ll need the old style TS LHS safety to fit with it. If you don’t it will fly off. Mine did. Or if you can find the extended Shadow 2 RHS safety that will work.

how do you tell the difference? Is there a measurement to take?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, 07yzryder said:

Since you bought it used I’d bet that it has the CZC extended safety, especially since it has their magwell as well. 

Edited by regor

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, missed your reply. Looking at the pic it is the old style. You’ll be good just ordering the extended RHS extended safety. But if you get it and it fits loosely you’ll need to order the LHS TS safety. Mine required filing to make it fit.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know where I could find a CZ custom large magwell besides CZC which is out of stock? I was going to have my magwell/frame blended, but wanted to move up to the larger magwell before any filing hoping for a better fit before blending. 

New TSO 9mm owner here. Shot her yesterday for the first time, what a machine!

A question about recoil springs, I'll be running factory 115 and/or 124gr for some competitions that require really quick target transitions/ followup shots, like bowling pin matches. Can I safely run the 13lb spring or should I stick with the 16lb?

8 hours ago, Independence said:

New TSO 9mm owner here. Shot her yesterday for the first time, what a machine!

A question about recoil springs, I'll be running factory 115 and/or 124gr for some competitions that require really quick target transitions/ followup shots, like bowling pin matches. Can I safely run the 13lb spring or should I stick with the 16lb?

I ran 10 and 11 lb springs. Of course, it was with my reloads. Anytime I would run a lighter spring, I would make sure I used the buffer.

15 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

I ran 10 and 11 lb springs. Of course, it was with my reloads. Anytime I would run a lighter spring, I would make sure I used the buffer.

Ok. The factory ammo I'll run has a PF of ~130 (Blaser 115 FMJ). Seems like I could try both the 11lb & 13lb springs and see what my sight picture recovery time looks like.

11 hours ago, Independence said:

Ok. The factory ammo I'll run has a PF of ~130 (Blaser 115 FMJ). Seems like I could try both the 11lb & 13lb springs and see what my sight picture recovery time looks like.

Yeah, that is about the same as my reloads. Let us know what you think.

I’d like to know how many people use the recoil buffer? 

Mine was starting to fail, so I removed it and have been running without one since. Cajun gunworks recommends not running the buffer...little benefit for the risk of failing or short stroking the slide. 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, Independence said:

In my .40, I shoot 170ish PF and use the 13 lb spring. The 16 lb spring was giving me a lot of nose bounce  

3 minutes ago, Mig233 said:

I’d like to know how many people use the recoil buffer? 

Mine was starting to fail, so I removed it and have been running without one since. Cajun gunworks recommends not running the buffer...little benefit for the risk of failing or short stroking the slide. 

I do not use it in my 9mm with 125 pf loads for 3 gun. I swear the impulse feels better without it, might just be in my mind though. 

1 hour ago, Blockader said:

I do not use it in my 9mm with 125 pf loads for 3 gun. I swear the impulse feels better without it, might just be in my mind though. 

You are probably right.

And I feel that every time a Skoda taxi goes past me my  TSO shouts hello bro.😉

58 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

CZs and Skoda's are two of Yigal's most desired things in this world :)

i like both of them.  cz much cheaper 😉

The Skoda is much more expensive so I started purchasing it each part separately😀

• 2 weeks later...

Morning gentlemen,

I believe this is the proper place for this question, but please advise if I need to move it elsewhere;

My TSO has, and always did have an incredibly stiff safety.  After 1k rounds, and plenty of couch-time manipulation drills, not much has changed.  I also swapped the lever out to the S2 version, which I like a lot more.

That said, is there a consensus on how/where I might begin to polish and smooth bearing surfaces, and will it help?  I was thinking about the ID holes in the frame, and the OD of the matching surfaces of the safety levers.  But I'm also suspicious about the two springs at the back of the sear cage.  Is it possible they are too stiff, and creating excessive friction?  In a perfect world, I'd like my TSO safety lever to feel more like a 1911, in which the friction force is much lower between positions, and the two positions engage with a satisfying "click".  That may not  be possible, but that's the direction I'd like to head.  Right now, my safety is extremely stiff through the entire range of motion, and the "clicks" can't only be heard, and not felt.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you

It should become self-evident once you take apart the gun and watch the safety movement carefully. Do this at various stages of disassembly.

- slide removed

- sear cage removed

- detent removed