Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

I'm screwing with a 9mm TSO in Lim minor. Was having issues with the TSO mags reliably feeding 20+ rounds; rounds would hang up on the feedramp.

Noticed my P10F mags fit the TSO frame; they're a little wobbly, but not bad. Just ran all of my P10F mags, using factory and Henning extended basepads (22+1), with no issues, with two lengths of ammo. The P10F mags seem to feed more smoothly (I think they present the round higher). Thought others might want to know.

Edited by Bill Schwab

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only feeding problems with standard  9mm  TSO mags  i saw when left handed  shooters switched the mag release to other side.

and many of  9mm  TSO mags in ours club  need tuning . 

The problem that always haunts me with TS 9mm mags is a) rattling rounds and b) two rounds in mag crossover each other, so one goes nose-high, one goes nose-low, totally jamming the mag.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, adamge said:

The problem that always haunts me with TS 9mm mags is a) rattling rounds and b) two rounds in mag crossover each other, so one goes nose-high, one goes nose-low, totally jamming the mag.

I fixed this by tuning the mags. I put them in the vise and clamped them to reduce the measurement to the following based on Aandabooks info:

• For the control rib: 0.735” just above the mag catch hole
  • Feed lips: 0.365” in the rear, 0.375” in the front

All my mags including the Czechmate big stick are very reliable now. I can load 29 without any problems at all.

45 minutes ago, George16 said:

I fixed this by tuning the mags. I put them in the vise and clamped them to reduce the measurement to the following based on Aandabooks info:

• For the control rib: 0.735” just above the mag catch hole
  • Feed lips: 0.365” in the rear, 0.375” in the front

All my mags including the Czechmate big stick are very reliable now. I can load 29 without any problems at all.

Hey George,

Are you talking about tuning your Checkmate mags?  (I haven't had a problem w my TS or TSO mags)

I have forgotten, are the 9mm mags for the TS, TSO, and CM all interchangeable?  

1 hour ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Hey George,

Are you talking about tuning your Checkmate mags?  (I haven't had a problem w my TS or TSO mags)

I have forgotten, are the 9mm mags for the TS, TSO, and CM all interchangeable?  

Rob, yes I’m talking about my Czechmate and also original 20 round TSO mags. I didn’t have any problems with my 20 round mags until I installed the CZC +2 base pads, CZC and grams followers and springs The rounds were nosediving and rattling. By tuning them using the info I posted courtesy of Aandabooks, I was able to get all my 20 and 27 round mags (including the original TSO mags) running reliably with 23 and 29 rounds respectively.

By the way, the TSO mags are running with grams springs and followers since shooters connection were out of the 13 coil Czechmate spring and follower. The Czechmate mags are all using CZC springs and followers.

The mags are all the same and interchangeable between the TS, TSO and Czechmate. 

Thanks for the info George.  If I was to get a Big Stick, would it run with stock springs and followers after the tuning/clamping?  Or would I need other base pads, springs, and/or followers? What would you recommend?

Edited by robert.a.brewer.
additions

1 hour ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Thanks for the info George.  If I was to get a Big Stick, would it run with stock springs and followers after the tuning/clamping?  Or would I need other base pads, springs, and/or followers? What would you recommend?

Yes, it will run with the stock springs and followers. That was my original setup until I received the CZC and grams springs and followers.

• 1 month later...

Quick question - which grams spring/follower kit do I need for my TSO .40 running the 140mm CZ custom base pad? I have two of these setups and two stock magazines that I want to get base pad spring combos for, but forgot if it’s the 11 or 13 spring grams kit I had ordered last year.  

Have had my TSO for a little over a year.  No issues at all except for a couple of feed issues with my recent reloads due to COAL and loading mags to 21.  Just got a Dillon 750 not long ago and have been loading my rounds with 4.3gr Titegroup, bbi 180gr bullets, federal brass and CCI primers.  1.125 COAL.

Taking a class with JJ Racaza at the end of September and want to get a few more mag setups In before the class. I’d like to get a CZ custom large magwell in before the class also but they’ve been out of stock for a while.   

Quick question - which grams spring/follower kit do I need for my TSO .40 running the 140mm CZ custom base pad? I have two of these setups and two stock magazines that I want to get base pad spring combos for, but forgot if it’s the 11 or 13 spring grams kit I had ordered last year.  

Have had my TSO for a little over a year.  No issues at all except for a couple of feed issues with my recent reloads due to COAL and loading mags to 21.  Just got a Dillon 750 not long ago and have been loading my rounds with 4.3gr Titegroup, bbi 180gr bullets, federal brass and CCI primers.  1.125 COAL.

Taking a class with JJ Racaza at the end of September and want to get a few more mag setups In before the class. I’d like to get a CZ custom large magwell in before the class also but they’ve been out of stock for a while.   
FKCL - 11

This is what is recommended from Springer Precision which sells these springs and follower combo with their basepads as a package.40e861696003a3a8462ee9bc43d516fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I second the spring and follower setup posted above. I use them on my Czechmate and TSO 140mm mags.

My Czechmate 140 mags needed tuning but the TSO 140mm mags didn’t need tuning at all. If you need to tune your mags, use the info I got from Aandabooks and posted earlier.

Edited by George16

8 hours ago, George16 said:

I second the spring and follower setup posted above. I use them on my Czechmate and TSO 140mm mags.

My Czechmate 140 mags needed tuning but the TSO 140mm mags didn’t need tuning at all. If you need to tune your mags, use the info I got from Aandabooks and posted earlier.

This echos my experience, 9mm 140s needed tuning, but .40 mags shouldn't since the body of the tube is the same width all the way to the extension. 

Thanks for the help. Those are the exact ones I run on 2 out of my 4 mags (2 are stock 17rd mags). Need to get 2 more CZ Custom base pad extensions for the other two but they haven’t been in stock. Hopefully they come back in stock sometime this month. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2018 at 12:08 AM, George16 said:

No, it fits right on. The TSO and czechmate uses the same 60* dovetail/slide racker. Mine is on the left side too.  I also installed an Advanced Reflex thumb rest which is better than the stock one.

Here’s the current setup:

0_DC5_AF38-1_E87-49_DF-8_D23-81458_EF3_E

2_D374_C30-_AD11-43_CD-9_B71-_D54500_C96

Swapping optics between the TSO and Czechmate.

399_E329_A-1_A11-456_D-_A2_DD-_C59_BEDEB

Hey Whats up with the huge optic platform, and what's that box behind the red dot? Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Issue: .40 SW nose-dive rounds.

Equipment: CZ Tac-Sport Orange; CZC Basepads; Grams followers and CZC recommended spring for reloadable 20+1 rounds; 180gr reloads, truncated cone shape; loaded to 1.126 OAL.

So I have this issue where the last 2-3 rounds in the mag nose-dive into the ramp and jam up the gun. I am trying to get this thing sorted out for Lim-Major for the 2022 season. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Also:

I apologize if this is a repeat question but I have Google'd and tried the search function on this forum but haven't found anything and I am not going to slowly peruse 35+ pages of a thread. 

6 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I’d check that follower/spring set up.
I didn’t know the grams followers would work on the cz custom springs ? 
cz custom followers and springs worked 

Out of the box and I have a couple that are 2 years old and still working great. 

The springs and followers are a package deal from CZC. I assumed they were Grams followers since they are done up just like the Grams followers I have seen. This is what I bought: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/cz-springs-all/cz-magazine-springs/czc-spring-and-follower-kit-10.html

That’s czcustom own follower 

Weird it’s the last few rounds that nose dive.
Are your rounds dragging on the inside of the mag tube ? 
Look at all possible issues because

40 doesn’t tend to nosedive like 9 does with extended mags. 
they will work great once you get this figured out. 
Ant pics of the problem issues ?

2 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

That’s czcustom own follower 

Weird it’s the last few rounds that nose dive.
Are your rounds dragging on the inside of the mag tube ? 
Look at all possible issues because

40 doesn’t tend to nosedive like 9 does with extended mags. 
they will work great once you get this figured out. 
Ant pics of the problem issues ?

No pics right now. I will bring a camera to video it in progress and then get some pics my next range session.

It's a round straight into the ramp (not lifted at all) about 3/8" out of the mag.

16 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

You just need to bend the leg of the spring that attaches to the follower. Do it once and they'll run flawless forever.  There's a thread about it.  I had the same problem, but this was years ago.  

Can you be a more specific? Which direction to bend? The last full turn of the spring or the tight part that is connected to the follower? How far to bend it?

Edited by Reds_Dot