Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

Have you tried swapping the safety detent spring? I would take a look at the safety detent and the two notches on the safety shaft where the detent mates and check for any burs. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update;  polished both the safety shaft OD and ID of the frame holes.  Just lightly touched the frame ID with a dremel polishing wheel and some fine compound.  Lots of tool marks under the polycoat, but I left well-enough alone.  The safety shaft needed quite a bit of polishing.  The polycoat was very thick and uneven in these areas.  

In the end, much improved.  I might go back and sharpen the tip of the spring detent for a more satisfying "click'

I run the aftermarket safety detent spring to get a stronger click and positive lock into position. From factory, mine and most TS and Shadows have very mushy safeties, which the aftermarket spring improves.

I own a TSO .40 that I shoot in USPSA Limited. Just ordered my Dillon 750 and hoping to get into reloading soon. Is there a list of everyone’s preferred ammo formula for the TSO I can see?  Also, I am going to order a Hundo case gauge and since I plan on using coated bullets, will I need to order the XL?  

I own a TSO .40 that I shoot in USPSA Limited. Just ordered my Dillon 750 and hoping to get into reloading soon. Is there a list of everyone’s preferred ammo formula for the TSO I can see?  Also, I am going to order a Hundo case gauge and since I plan on using coated bullets, will I need to order the XL?  

Not sure what you mean by “order the XL.” As in the XL 750? Or the big case gauge? I use a regular one but it’s fine.

Loads can vary a lot between pistols. My load in my TSO is 180 gr Blue Bullet 4.3gr Titegroup loaded to 1.135 on average. Usually use CCI primers, occasionally Winchester. PF is around 174-178. Mixed brass.

When I press my finger against the end of the barrel on my TSO (not pushing it out of battery), and wiggle it side to side, should I be able to feel movement between the barrel and bushing? And hear a perceptible chicka-chicka-chicka? Maybe I should look into that undersized bushing..........

4 hours ago, Independence said:

When I press my finger against the end of the barrel on my TSO (not pushing it out of battery), and wiggle it side to side, should I be able to feel movement between the barrel and bushing? And hear a perceptible chicka-chicka-chicka? Maybe I should look into that undersized bushing..........

Yeah I would say that is normal. CZ's are fairly tight, but not bank vault tight from factory.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, Mig233 said:

I’d like to know how many people use the recoil buffer? 

Mine was starting to fail, so I removed it and have been running without one since. Cajun gunworks recommends not running the buffer...little benefit for the risk of failing or short stroking the slide. 

I took mine out on my 40.

Cajun recommends against buffers; they reason that while the buffer wears and tears that the material from the buffer will eventually work its way into obstructing the trigger mechanisms.

7 hours ago, CZGeoege said:

I use the buffers in my TSO but not in my S2, I have changed them when they start looking beat.

do you feel like it makes any difference?  im very new to uspsa and gun tuning and im curious to what other's experiences are with the buffers.

2 hours ago, RVRSE said:

do you feel like it makes any difference?  im very new to uspsa and gun tuning and im curious to what other's experiences are with the buffers.

Honestly, I don’t know if it makes a difference. The S2 came with them but I never felt it needed them for 9mm. The TSO uses them because my opinion is that the 40 cal hits harder. So why not use them them, right?

6 hours ago, RVRSE said:

I would not say it makes a difference. I did not use them if I was using the stock springs but would use them if I were using lighter springs.

22 hours ago, RVRSE said:

FWIW, myself and many other folks run 12# springs in .40 TSOs without buffers.  I've put 10k+ rounds through one of my TSOs with no issues/damage to the frame, slide or barrel.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:16 PM, RVRSE said:

I took mine out on my 40.

Cajun recommends against buffers; they reason that while the buffer wears and tears that the material from the buffer will eventually work its way into obstructing the trigger mechanisms.

Yup! 

On 4/30/2020 at 3:01 PM, adamge said:

Big news from my practice session yesterday. My TSO 9mm finally broke its original slide stop. I estimate the round count at 25k, all 147grn reloads at about 130PF.

I broke one of the replacement slide stop pins I made from an air hammer pin around 25K rounds. The pistol didn't stop running, I found it when I took the slide off.

Im not sure if others have had this problem but the rear sight adjustment screw's threads just got stripped off.

I started

rear sight

rear sight adjustment screw

Thankfully cz's support is great and I spoke to them about this over the phone and they're replacing it.  I told them that i had been playing with different recoil springs and took the buffer off; they said that it was unlikely that the recoil could have done it but I don't know what else it could have been.

What sights does everyone else use?  im thinking of switching to a fixed rear sight after this.

Edited by RVRSE

On 4/23/2017 at 6:19 PM, MRevolutionIX said:

I ran a 12lb recoil and 13lb main springs in my CTS and I didn't think it got any better. Originally I thought I would just run the same combination once I got the TSO 40s but when I tried them, it did feel and perform as well. I did an initial test a couple of weeks ago (I posted a vid in this topic) running a number of different recoil and main springs. The 13lb recoil and 15lb main spring combination cycled reliably and was the best compromise for recoil and follow up shots. To answer your question, It feels great with this combination. I don't think it is too light. The felt recoil sure is a lot lighter compared to the 12lb recoil and 13lb main spring combination.

Are you running a buffer with this combination?  I read your earlier post that mentioned the 12# recoil spring was eating up buffers and you were NOT going to run a buffer in competition.  Still feel the same way?  Thanks! 

13 hours ago, Jhall100 said:

Are you running a buffer with this combination?  I read your earlier post that mentioned the 12# recoil spring was eating up buffers and you were NOT going to run a buffer in competition.  Still feel the same way?  Thanks! 

I never ran buffers after testing them initially. Regardless of my spring combinations.