Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Palmaris said:

Thank you very much

will this follower keep slide open after last round from magazine?

Don't know.  In USPSA you don't run to slide lock, so I have a pin (from CZ) rather than a standard slide lock in my TSO's.

I understand that other sports (IDPA, perhaps) have different rules/requirements.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:15 PM, Palmaris said:

Thank you very much

will this follower keep slide open after last round from magazine?

No, the springs are designed to be somewhat-reduced power to allow you to fit more in the magazine. You'll notice a difference in how much easier it is to load them up when compared to the stock springs.

I've heard that you can try and modify the grams springs/followers to make it work, but it's not 100%. Same with the CZ Custom ones. As mentioned above, if you're shooting USPSA you shouldn't be going to slide lock anyway. If you're just shooting the gun for fun then you shouldn't really need custom followers or basepads (not for $100+ IMO), and IDPA weight and size requirements for magazines will limit you there as well. For myself, I've switched out the slide-stop pin and just used the standalone pin since the slide catch/release gets in the way of using the thumbrest. It's different for every person, though, and whatever works best for you is what you should run. 👍

14 hours ago, Palmaris said:

I am not competing or attending any competitions. I just recreational shooter-paper targets and gongs. 

I just want to have spare parts. These items are very cheap and have them in the toolbox-pure benefit.  

Use the stock springs and followers then.

Seems like:

CZ TS 9mm mag 20round factory <-- starting point

Add CZC 140mm base pads --> 23 rounds

Add CZC spring and follower --> 23 rounds and follower escapes feed lips

So my question is, why does anyone use the CZC spring and follower?

After their springs break in you can usually fit 1 more in there, though I wouldn’t recommend it for reload magazines as it’s a pretty hard push to seat it properly. I think with the stock spring and follower that 23rd round becomes the one that you’ll want for your starter mag and not reloads. I have both new and old springs and can test it for you in a few hours if you’re really wanting to know.

58 minutes ago, adamge said:

Seems like:

CZ TS 9mm mag 20round factory <-- starting point

Add CZC 140mm base pads --> 23 rounds

Add CZC spring and follower --> 23 rounds and follower escapes feed lips

So my question is, why does anyone use the CZC spring and follower?

I get 24 reloadable +1 with Springer extensions and CZC spring and follower. 

I can't seem to leave good alone... I switched out my TSO factory bushing for an Eemann Precision bushing. The factory bushing locked up well and the pistol is plenty accurte but I had a little bit of slop between barrel and bushing. I installed the new one and there is now zero play. Can't wait to try this puppy out.

Factory bushing....

47611047522_6117374b5a_b.jpg

New bushing... 0.012" difference

40697423443_71386aabbc_b.jpg

40697423273_9e8b13941f_b.jpg

great.👍 let me know how this new bushing change the point of impact.

one of mine TSO have 0.564" id hole. it came with target in the box of  2.75" group spread.😀

i checked this with pin 0.563" that pass thru the bushing.

Mine spat the bushing out 2 weeks before the last World Shoot. I had a spare factory bushing but they come unfitted. I’ve done it before but I didn’t want to do a Dremel-hack job for such a big match. Ended up getting a top gunsmith to fit it (the guy behind Pulver barrels). He spent 4 hours fitting it and there’s zero play now. It measures 0.547.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Matt1 said:

Mine spat the bushing out 2 weeks before the last World Shoot. I had a spare factory bushing but they come unfitted. I’ve done it before but I didn’t want to do a Dremel-hack job for such a big match. Ended up getting a top gunsmith to fit it (the guy behind Pulver barrels). He spent 4 hours fitting it and there’s zero play now. It measures 0.547.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

👍

Who is using the CZC Basepads in 40 cal for 140mm and do you use the 10 or 13 coil springs?  I was having some fail to feed issues with stock and 10coil spring and CZC follower with the base pad. 

It it seemed to clear up when I went to a 13lb recoil spring. 13lb seems light for 40 Major loads, 170 so. 

Lastly, does anyone have an issue with the rear of the CZC follower sticking up and catching the slide in an empty mag? I try not run dry, this was while chrono checking loads. Should I tweak the spring? It’s a pretty ugly malfunction and I don’t want to mess up the followers. 

I see some others have the follower escape the feed lips. 

Edited by Riley

15 minutes ago, Riley said:

Who is using the CZC Basepads in 40 cal and do you use the 10 or 13 coil springs?

I use the 13-coil springs and followers from CZC. First I've heard of people really having issues with the Grams, but I can say that there are occasionally issues with the CZC ones feeding on the last 2-3 rounds where the rounds will nosedive into the bottom of the barrel feed ramp. This usually only happens with older springs, and can be fixed by simply stretching the springs out (you'd be surprised how much they compress) and then bending the top 2-3 coils backwards to keep the follower towards the back of the magazine. I've had the same springs for about 4-5k rounds the last 4 months now and regularly keep them fully loaded for matches, practice, and dryfire, and they still run great. That being said, I've seen the nosediving happening a little more often now and even had one that killed me in a match so I've switched to using new springs for matches and older ones for everything else.

15 minutes ago, Riley said:

It it seemed to clear up when I went to a 13lb recoil spring. 13lb seems light for 40 Major loads, 170 so.

I use a 10# recoil spring with about 173PF ammo and have had no issues really. Don't even use those cheapy plastic recoil buffers and everything runs great. I will admit I've had the rear sights drift off a bit, but that's easy to fix with a sight pusher and loctite.

Edited by tacomandood

On 4/15/2019 at 6:24 PM, 858 said:

I get 24 reloadable +1 with Springer extensions and CZC spring and follower. 

that seems like such a money pit for four, maybe five extra rounds on an already 20 round magazine. That's not for me the mag prices are enough, I haven't had issues running 20 rounds where I could've benefitted from running four more extra rounds. The only exception for me would be is you are then able to run a CZC magwell with the basepad extensions 

15 minutes ago, toadyouso said:

that seems like such a money pit for four, maybe five extra rounds on an already 20 round magazine. That's not for me the mag prices are enough, I haven't had issues running 20 rounds where I could've benefitted from running four more extra rounds. The only exception for me would be is you are then able to run a CZC magwell with the basepad extensions 

Thanks for letting me know, I'll write it down in my diary. 

On 4/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, Trinimon said:

I can't seem to leave good alone... I switched out my TSO factory bushing for an Eemann Precision bushing. The factory bushing locked up well and the pistol is plenty accurte but I had a little bit of slop between barrel and bushing. I installed the new one and there is now zero play. Can't wait to try this puppy out.

Factory bushing....

47611047522_6117374b5a_b.jpg

New bushing... 0.012" difference

finally tested my TSO with  EE  bushing after i removed the original  "fac"tory   cz "hand  fitted" 😀 bushing .

older bushing have 0.563" id . new EE  0.55" id . factory target that arrived with this  new TSO was 2.75"😥 and all times that i shot this gun from rest

at 20m  the group was 3.5" with dif. factory ammo.

with this EE bushing from rest all  5 rounds  groups  was 1.25"-1.5" .    point of impact moved 2"  to left  side only. now rear sight  after zeroing  exactly on the middle of the slide.