Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

I use the race master for USPSA and the RHT holster for 2 or 3 gun. I like the race master better since it doesn’t wear the slide. The only reason I use the RHT is because speed holsters like the race master is not allowed in 2 or 3 gun.
Does the Racemaster wear your trigger guard?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
On 5/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, George16 said:
I use the race master for USPSA and the RHT holster for 2 or 3 gun. I like the race master better since it doesn’t wear the slide. The only reason I use the RHT is because speed holsters like the race master is not allowed in 2 or 3 gun.

Does the Racemaster wear your trigger guard?

a little bit. 

The kydex that im using for 2-gun wears the TSO’s poly coat more than the race master does on the trigger guard.

22 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Got a reply confirming they are working on one! He said end of summer at the earliest. 

Good to hear!  You’re the second person I’ve heard that from. Talked to someone recently who said he spoke with them and was told no. Hoping he just reached someone who wasn’t in the know.  

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve run several thousand 95 grain RNFP boolits through my TSO with zero feeding issues at 1.010” OAL. Tonight I attempted to run some 120 grain FPTC (flat point truncated cone) bullets at 1.060” OAL. I had several FTF because the nose jammed into the feed ramp. They didn’t nose dive but just stayed level, parallel with the barrel. Any ideas why? Perhaps TSOs don’t like TC noses? Anyone else experience similar issues with TC boolits? These are cast lead with powder coating so they are very slick. Here is the bullet that won’t run.

90387.jpg

Below is the bullet that runs great:

90672-01.jpg

Edited by igolfat8

Did you try the CZC superwide thumb safety?  I much prefer it over the OEM extened safeties on the tactical sport or CZ SP-01 shadows.

The Shadow 2 extended safety is a happy middle ground.

32 minutes ago, Hennig said:

No way in hell will that fit the ipsc box, the CZUB magwell barely fits.

it doesn't

thats the large magwell. we also do one for the IPSC standard box.

Yea I wasn’t looking for one that fits in the IPSC box. Was just curious which magwell that was. I am looking to replace the one on my TSO with something a little larger

unfortunately CZC is out of stock of the large magwell right now ☹️ 

Edited by Heatstroke18

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 1:12 PM, Heatstroke18 said:

so many pages in this thread but has anyone installed the large magwell from CGW on their orange. It looks like when I do I will need to get different grips because the ones that come with it will be off the base of the magwell and it would look janky

On 3/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, muncie21 said:

Here's a pic of the factory TSO magwell compared to the CZC one.

IMG_0865.JPG.c26f5302d5bb1ad5ff007bdd682bcc12.JPG

Im wanting to order some LOK grips and plan on upgrading to the CZC magwell for my TSO. What length grips would I need to fit the CZC magwell? 

1 hour ago, MgtMike said:

Im wanting to order some LOK grips and plan on upgrading to the CZC magwell for my TSO. What length grips would I need to fit the CZC magwell? 

TSO length is what I'd suggest for TSO.  Minor fitting may be needed, easily done with hand file. TS if you want to custom fit the grips.

18 hours ago, muncie21 said:

TSO length is what I'd suggest for TSO.  Minor fitting may be needed, easily done with hand file. TS if you want to custom fit the grips.

I was thinking the medium length were needed for the cz custom magwell for the TSO based on the site. Is that just for the cz custom grips and LOK TSO grips work fine without being too short? 

• 3 weeks later...

Those who have Lok Grips.... I’m wanting to switch to a less aggressive grip because I shoot a lot. I currently use the Henning grips and love them in matches, but shooting 400-500 rounds is hell on my hands. Definitely don’t want Bogies are the other more aggressive grips.

I used to shoot a Glock 35 and my preferred grip was just the stock gen4 texture and use pro grip.

Which Lok Grip would have about the right texture for this?

I previously shot 34’s with skateboard tape and I find the Bogies give me better traction and don’t tear my hands up. I still use ProGrip when it’s humid and sweaty but I love the bogies. I also prefer the standard flat side slabs (+.064”) over the palm swells. Never used the Hennings so I can’t compare.

I previously shot 34’s with skateboard tape and I find the Bogies give me better traction and don’t tear my hands up. I still use ProGrip when it’s humid and sweaty but I love the bogies. I also prefer the standard flat side slabs (+.064”) over the palm swells. Never used the Hennings so I can’t compare.

Have you shot 500 rounds in a couple hours with the Bogies? I’m sure they are fine for matches, I’m concerned with heavy practice.

22 hours ago, loaded605 said:

Those who have Lok Grips.... I’m wanting to switch to a less aggressive grip because I shoot a lot. I currently use the Henning grips and love them in matches, but shooting 400-500 rounds is hell on my hands. Definitely don’t want Bogies are the other more aggressive grips.

I used to shoot a Glock 35 and my preferred grip was just the stock gen4 texture and use pro grip.

Which Lok Grip would have about the right texture for this?

I suggest the full checkered.  They are very grippy but not uncomfortable.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up, Just bought a TSO on another forum and waiting for it to ship. Excited to jump from a G35 to something steel framed, and got a decent deal on this one so made the jump. Downside is im a lefty so i have a DAA holster to sell off and possibly a trip to the shop to get milled for an evil hand *thumb rest [generic]*.

39902F3B-94A0-4606-AE07-00D1FFCE2EE7_jpe

Bumping this up, Just bought a TSO on another forum and waiting for it to ship. Excited to jump from a G35 to something steel framed, and got a decent deal on this one so made the jump. Downside is im a lefty so i have a DAA holster to sell off and possibly a trip to the shop to get milled for an evil hand *thumb rest [generic]*.

39902F3B-94A0-4606-AE07-00D1FFCE2EE7_jpeg-1158361.JPG

I went the same route, G35 to TSO.

If it is the newer TSO that comes with the extended Shadow 2 safety and mag release, and you get the CZ Custom extended safety you’ll need the old style TS LHS safety to fit with it. If you don’t it will fly off. Mine did. Or if you can find the extended Shadow 2 RHS safety that will work.