Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

10 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Pin will not lock the slide open on last shot. Slide stop will.

Only with  stock magazines. If you use Grams or CZ Custom followers , the slide will not locked open with either pin or slide stop.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, regor said:

What power recoil spring are folks running for ~170 PF loads? I'm not entirely sure which one is in mine now because I bought it used, but I have the CGW tuner pack that I can fool around with. 

12# here

I ordered some recoil spring from CGW and they came today.
I replace original on TS with Green (#13) and it is much stronger than #13 on TSO.
Did anybody have chance to make the same change and have had the same feeling? There is no way I can measure real ##, so I am relaying on info from manufacturers.

11 hours ago, Palmaris said:

There is no way I can measure real ##, so I am relaying on info from manufacturers.

I posted a thread, a long while ago, in the Gun spring sub forum how to measure spring weights with an electronic scale. It may help you.

1 hour ago, igolfat8 said:

I posted a thread, a long while ago, in the Gun spring sub forum how to measure spring weights with an electronic scale. It may help you.

Thank you Sir.

How much do you compress spring? Unitl it closed all coils (all the way)?

41 minutes ago, igolfat8 said:

Yes, until all the coils are collapsed. 

My scale doesn't go that far, only at 11 lbs. I will look for another scale.

Thank you very much.

I did try and compress them to certain length ( the same for all of them) and if we take to consideration that original on TSO is #16, CGW #14 Gray is actually "reading" #15 and #13 Green actually "reading" #14 (this is not actual numbers, they just about #1 or 2# less then original TSO spring). I am not sure if this reading accurate, so it is not statement, it is assumption.

Original spring on TS is "reading" #14. I set up TSO with "#14" (green from CGW #13).

Will try tomorrow and will report how it goes.

Edited by Palmaris

28 minutes ago, Happyfeet said:

I'm new to TSO and have questions about the factory sights...how wide is the rear notch and does any one know the width and height of the front fiber optic.  I,m thinking of going with a narrower Dawson front fiber 

Thanx

Shoot what comes on it first before spending more money. You may be surprised how well the stock ones work.

I'm new to TSO and have questions about the factory sights...how wide is the rear notch and does any one know the width and height of the front fiber optic.  I,m thinking of going with a narrower Dawson front fiber 

Thanx

I got the .150 tall x .100 wide at the advice of a friend who knows. It is roughly the same height as the stock front sight. I didn’t need to adjust the rear sight any. I like the narrower front sight but the .100 wide is really small. I wished I had got a different on that was a little wider. I had previously used Dawson sights on a Glock that were .135 wide. I have since adapted and like them though. I also got extra green fiber because I really prefer green over red.

19 hours ago, Happyfeet said:

Thanx

Rear notch width: .123" was the max measurement I got 

Front sight height: .155" at the highest point from flush 

Front sight width: .120" 

Investing in a pair of calipers is a good idea if you like tinkering (and a must if you are reloading

20 hours ago, Happyfeet said:

Thanx

Keep in mind that Dawson and CZ measure front sights from different reference points.  You cannot to go CZ's website, write down the listed height of the sight and order that height from Dawson.

My TSO 9mm trigger was too light (750 grams) upon arrival. The 'break' always comes unexpected. Many ' accidental discharges' . I was afraid that I had to get rid of an otherwise (accuracy, comfort as for fit etc) perfect gun, maybe best I ever had in my hands.

Tnx to CZ expert Bosko Racovic form Luckydelta.com  I found the solution. Install new aluminum trigger + extra trigger spring (one from Shadow 2) and gun is now at 1,3 kg and will reduce to roughly 1,1 kg after break in. Soooo Happy!! Just for your reference.

Today I had chance to measure springs on calibrated push\pull force gauge. To my surprise all springs were within reasonable limits  as claimed. Except original spring from TSO, that came out #14, not 16 as claimed on internet. The only spring I didn’t measured was Green from CGW-it is install in the gun.

29 pages in, please remind me what are the weights of the three recoil springs that came with my new TSO? They're 3 different lengths but I don't have a spring gauge to tell....

Best to call Stuart IMO
The follow I clipped from internet trolling. So it is worth what you paid for it.

Recoil I springs : 16lb ( in the gun ), 13lb, & 11lb
Main springs : 20lb ( in the gun ), 16lb, & 13lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

29 pages in, please remind me what are the weights of the three recoil springs that came with my new TSO? They're 3 different lengths but I don't have a spring gauge to tell....

The shortest is 13 lb, the longest one is 11 lb. the other is 16 lb. 

23 minutes ago, bemanuel said:

The shortest is 13 lb, the longest one is 11 lb. the other is 16 lb. 

how weird that is isn't a linear relationship with the length. and thank you!

14 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I thought the same thing. Actually measured spring lengths and counted the number of coils. Spring weight is linear with the number of coils per inch. 

22 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I don't think this is correct, at least with the springs that came with my TSO. The one that came in the gun has noticeably denser coil count, that is the 16. Of the other two the shorter one is absolutely the 11 lb as it is noticeably easier to rack than the longest spring which is noticeably easier than the stock. 

Edited by Blockader

21 minutes ago, Blockader said:

I don't think this is correct, at least with the springs that came with my TSO. The one that came in the gun has noticeably denser coil count, that is the 16. Of the other two the shorter one is absolutely the 11 lb as it is noticeably easier to rack than the longest spring which is noticeably easier than the stock. 

This information was just verified by an inside salesperson at CZ-USA on another site. Best advice is to count the number of coils for each spring and divide by the length of the spring. The higher the coils per unit length, the higher the spring weight. 

Edited by bemanuel

1 hour ago, bemanuel said:

This information was just verified by an inside salesperson at CZ-USA on another site. Best advice is to count the number of coils for each spring and divide by the length of the spring. The higher the coils per unit length, the higher the spring weight. 

My information was just verified by my right hand. Pulling back the slide.

Edited by Blockader

3 hours ago, oteroman said:

Best to call Stuart IMO
The follow I clipped from internet trolling. So it is worth what you paid for it.

Recoil I springs : 16lb ( in the gun ), 13lb, & 11lb
Main springs : 20lb ( in the gun ), 16lb, & 13lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In my TSO 9mm recoil spring on the gun measured #14. Today measured.