Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, stuey93 said:

Sloppy Safety

My safety has some wiggle in it allowing me to partially engage while firing. Is this a detent spring issue or the spring that rides in the detent on top of the safety? Or something else entirely? Thanks

There are 'extra power' springs available that  will make the safety engagement/disengagement more positive; google it you'll see several write-ups about this topic

8 hours ago, yigal said:

no i don't have pic.. i can send only by mail. very nice work.

yes .sloppy  work  it's CZ trade mark.😉

i fixed this problem on few tso guns with jig that i made.probably   somebody without any mech. skills assembled  this guns.

on few of them both holes not concentric .but if u go down from, 10mm dia to 9.5mm it will go easily( on slides with not concentric holes)

today i use this part from 303 ss .best results.

Thank you Sir.

Problem is not on 10mm/9.5mm area, problem on diameter .500"

BTW, I looked concentricity of holes-it is OK, no issues there. There is bump on the border between hole of barrel and hole of recoil spring bushing. This bump generated by barrel bushing and I see it on both of mine TSs.

I tried to make picture-I hope you can see what I am talking about.

ne2WNkk.jpg

2Ml501y.jpg

2 hours ago, Palmaris said:

Thank you Sir.

Problem is not on 10mm/9.5mm area, problem on diameter .500"

BTW, I looked concentricity of holes-it is OK, no issues there. There is bump on the border between hole of barrel and hole of recoil spring bushing. This bump generated by barrel bushing and I see it on both of mine TSs.

I tried to make picture-I hope you can see what I am talking about.

ne2WNkk.jpg

2Ml501y.jpg

exactly .that what u need to fix.

basically  it's almost the same like mine with few differences . i made 10mm dia. hole for recoil spring with 90deg  wall and 60 deg chamfer.

and i use larger dia. guide rod.

Just got mine and it is the "new" type with the very Shadow 2 like grip/frame.

I took off the thumb rest. I removed the slide stop and installed one of the pins. I changed the fiber from red to green. I rotated up the mag release paddle from 3 to 2 o'clock. I replaced the clear buffer with one of the same thin thickness but of the black material. I replaced the installed recoil spring (I think it is the softest of the 3) with a stock Shadow 2 recoil spring.

Next will be magwell and mag extensions.

Just got mine and it is the "new" type with the very Shadow 2 like grip/frame.

I took off the thumb rest. I removed the slide stop and installed one of the pins. I changed the fiber from red to green. I rotated up the mag release paddle from 3 to 2 o'clock. I replaced the clear buffer with one of the same thin thickness but of the black material. I replaced the installed recoil spring (I think it is the softest of the 3) with a stock Shadow 2 recoil spring.

Next will be magwell and mag extensions.

What is the advantage of the pin only and no slide stop? I’m a lefty so I don’t care one way or the other, just curious.

If you use the thumb rest there is less in your way, to me that's the biggest. The second is there is now nothing internally to interact with the mag or rounds, reducing the chances of a possible jam, mag not dropping or inadvertent slide lock. This is entirely a uspsa Limited gun for me, there is zero reason to have a functioning slide lock lever.

Gun set up is very personal, don't take what I do as gospel. Next is getting enough mags and base pads, a different magwell and some grips cut to fit.

Edited by rowdyb

13 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

If you use the thumb rest there is less in your way, to me that's the biggest. The second is there is now nothing internally to interact with the mag or rounds, reducing the chances of a possible jam, mag not dropping or inadvertent slide lock. This is entirely a uspsa Limited gun for me, there is zero reason to have a functioning slide lock lever.

Gun set up is very personal, don't take what I do as gospel. Next is getting enough mags and base pads, a different magwell and some grips cut to fit.

I would ditch those factory spings included with the gun and purchase a CGW or CZC recoil spring variety pack and go from there, one thing I can add is if you decide to go with thin followers be prepared to tweak your mag spring some so gun doesn't go into a weird half partial slidelock after last round goes in. 

That makes sense. Mine is for USPSA too, I just didn’t know what the point was. I’m left handed so the slide stop and thumb rest are equally useless.

11 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

would ditch those factory spings included with the gun and purchase a CGW or CZC recoil spring variety pack and go from there, one thing I can add is if you decide to go with thin followers be prepared to tweak your mag spring some so gun doesn't go into a weird half partial slidelock after last round goes in. 

This is my second TS variety gun, the first being an old IPSC Standard, before they were even called a Tactical Sports. I have so many different springs around in all my spares that yes, the stock ones are gone.

4 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Some shooting disciplines and / or classes require slide to not lock open.

Not heard of any sports that require it.

Seems to be personal preference. Mainly, in USPSA Limited, if you run the gun dry you already screwed up bigtime.

I think IDPA requires reload from slide lock, but yeah, never heard of no slide lock required.

Reload from slide lock? Or, you get penalized for a magazine being discarded and the gun was still loaded. Even if the magazine was empty.

I can retain the magazine and freshen a still loaded gun. Or I can reload a fully empty gun and discard the empty magazine. Usually that would be from a slide lock situation but it is not required specifically.

I’m asking more than stating as fact since my knowledge in IDPA is limited.

USPSA is different and it looks like I’m having a garage sale with magazines from 0-5 rounds laying all over the course without every seeing a slide locked (or empty) gun.

What power recoil spring are folks running for ~170 PF loads? I'm not entirely sure which one is in mine now because I bought it used, but I have the CGW tuner pack that I can fool around with.