Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@muncie21It’s stamped 18, I was really hoping to get an updated TSO. I wasn’t able to find a TSO in 40 for months. So I just bought the first one that I found. I’m not even sure if I have a plastic trigger. I’ll check it out when I get a chance. Does anybody know which  insert  I get for my alpha x holster with this trigger guard?

3 hours ago, muncie21 said:

You'll want to get the TS/CM one

Please explain this to me. I bought a used holster with the TSO insert and notice there is a little wiggle. I called DAA and they said it was because the TSO trigger guard can vary in thickness. Does the TS/CM insert fit better with the TSO? Thanks for any info.

4 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Please explain this to me. I bought a used holster with the TSO insert and notice there is a little wiggle. I called DAA and they said it was because the TSO trigger guard can vary in thickness. Does the TS/CM insert fit better with the TSO? Thanks for any info.

It depends on your trigger guard. DAA made a different insert for when they changed the TSO trigger guard shape. The TS/CM insert is if your trigger guard is like mine, or  the TSO insert if you have the thinner trigger guard 

Thanks everyone for the info, I got my insert ordered and hopefully will be able to test it out this weekend. 

Edited by vrwm

Just now, vrwm said:

It depends on your trigger guard. DAA made a different insert for when they changed the TSO trigger guard shape. The TS/CM insert is if your trigger guard is like mine, or  the TSO insert if you have the thinner trigger guard 

Gotcha. Do you know when the trigger guard was changed? I bought my TSO new in Feb of 2017.

3 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Gotcha. Do you know when the trigger guard was changed? I bought my TSO new in Feb of 2017.

From what I’ve been seeing it all just depends on what batch you got when they were producing them. They’ve been mixing it up during production.  If you post a pic we would be able to tell. I didn’t really know which one was which until I posted mine.

2 minutes ago, vrwm said:

From what I’ve been seeing it all just depends on what batch you got when they were producing them. They’ve been mixing it up during production.  If you post a pic we would be able to tell. I didn’t really know which one was which until I posted mine.

Can you tell from this?

IMG_20170208_165244779.jpg

7 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Can you tell from this?

IMG_20170208_165244779.jpg

You have the new trigger guard. You need the TSO insert for that.

Heres a pic of my TSO with old trigger guard and my Czech mate with the new trigger guard like yours. I had to order the TS/CM insert for the TSO and TSO insert for the new Czech mate.

notice the difference between the trigger guards. TSO was bought in May while Czechmate was bought in July.

6-E921516-A537-4-C9-A-8-C70-3-C3-B5665-B

Edited by George16
Insert pictures

18 hours ago, vrwm said:

I just got my TSO 40 from my FFL. I didn’t get a paddle mag release.

After writing CZ-USA's parts department about future availability of the new TSO magazine release/catch and metal trigger, I got a reply back that I'm unhappy about while also wondering if they even know what they're talking about:

Good Morning,

There were a small shipment of .40 that came in that had these parts. Unfortunately, this was a limited run and these parts are not interchangeable like others are.

Thank You,
Parts Department
913-321-1811

This would mean there's been an internal design change, which I seriously doubt.

Edited by telligentgunner

Update:

Apologies, it seems the representative you were talking to had some misinformation. I just spoke to the gunsmiths to get a clear answer on this as I was not completely aware of this situation yet either as it seems to be a quite recent change.

Our factory has started importing the TSO with an orange paddle style magazine release, new trigger, and a new extended safety. The safety is the same as the Shadow 2 extended safety and will drop in. However, because the Tac Sport uses a different design of magazine, that magazine release and trigger you mentioned are new parts made specifically for the TSO series. We have those parts on order from the factory, but no projected lead time yet for when we will receive those here. I have been told those parts should retro fit onto older TSO models.

Cole Fox
Customer Service Manager
913-321-1811 (ext 4308)

Thanks for the confirmation telligent. 

This is what I expected and much more rationale that comment from the CZ rep, about a special run with custom fitted mag releases.  Although the Cole Fox CSM could have been a bit more clear when comparing the new TSO mag release to the S2.  'It is the same design/style' would have been a better choice of words, than it's the same as the S2 and will drop in.

Anywho, looks like we need to keep an eye on the spare parts department at CZ-USA

On 10/29/2018 at 1:31 PM, muncie21 said:

They are in stock at CZC.  You'll get a TSO along with the new mag release ?

If you aren't the waiting kind, a fella over on the CZ website drilled and tapped the previous design TS/TSO mag release for the S2 insert.

Cole's reference is to the safety on the TSO 40. which is the same as the SA safety.

mag catch will be different due to width of frame of the TSO vs the Shadow 2.

Thumb rest update...

I ended up finding M4-.7 x 6mm flat head machine screws at a local industrial hardware supply store that a gunsmith told me about. They work perfectly. The only issue is there are silver instead of black. It saved me time and money over cutting down the factory screws that came with the gun and with the thumb rests I bought. 

Looks like they're $.65 for a 3-pack on Home Depot's website. 

The thumb rest is now perfectly positioned for me. I also added a Shadow 2 left side extended safety lever. I may also try the CZ Custom lever that is extended even more.

thumbnail_IMG_5240.jpg.b17c8b73fab5ecd1cfeb58a25cdfe479.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5241.jpg.943053a7236b290d3e578f11f6c65bc5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 5:59 AM, Ontos said:

Right now I'm using Springer 140mm base pads.  Originally, I had the Grams followers in them for 23 rounds reloadable.  However, I had occasional issues with nosediving rounds so I went back to the stock follower.  22 reloadable rounds now and zero issues.

I used my new Springer 140mm base pads and Grams springs and followers in a class this past weekend and consistently had nose diving rounds in all magazines that wouldn't feed rounds into the gun if the mags were loaded to 22 or 23.  I also noticed the edge of the brass would get caught on the edge of the magazine lip.  I had the same issues about 50% of the time when loading to 21.  So basically I have base pads and springs that I can only consistently use when loaded to 20 rounds.  There's absolutely no benefit of having these damn things!

@Ontos, do you use the stock follower and stock spring with the Springer basepads?  Or do you use the Grams springs with the stock follower?

I'm considering filing down the lip of the magazine so there's a ramp so the brass doesn't catch.  Has anyone else found a solution to using these basepads?

@telligentgunner are you running the 11 or 13 coil springs?  Also, are the followers grams or CZC? 

I have found that CZC followers with the SP base pads had feeding issues, similar to what you're seeing.  I switched to grams spring/followers and CZC base pads and haven't had any issues since.  I haven't shot the 9mm in a bit, however if memory serves me correct you can 23 or 24 in the stick, reloadable and 100% reliable. 

For anyone that runs across this post in the future- I'd  want to say that it's possible my CZC spring/followers and SP base pad likely could have been adjusted to work, as many folks use this setup just fine.  Since I had another setup on hand and it solved my issue, I never got around to trying to make any adjustments.

Edited by muncie21
clarification added

I'm using the Springer basepads, Grams 11 coil springs, and Grams followers.
Is the follower installed correctly? I have this exact setup with no issues. I had more issues with the factory setup than I did with this setup. My factory baseplates exploded when it hit the ground, it would often rattle when loaded.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk