Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

I used my new Springer 140mm base pads and Grams springs and followers in a class this past weekend and consistently had nose diving rounds in all magazines that wouldn't feed rounds into the gun if the mags were loaded to 22 or 23.  I also noticed the edge of the brass would get caught on the edge of the magazine lip.  I had the same issues about 50% of the time when loading to 21.  So basically I have base pads and springs that I can only consistently use when loaded to 20 rounds.  There's absolutely no benefit of having these damn things!

@Ontos, do you use the stock follower and stock spring with the Springer basepads?  Or do you use the Grams springs with the stock follower?

I'm considering filing down the lip of the magazine so there's a ramp so the brass doesn't catch.  Has anyone else found a solution to using these basepads?

The followers are draggin inside of the magazine. You have to file the front of follower back until they sit proud with the magazine loaded.

16 hours ago, 858 said:

Yes, all of my Grams kits (six). If you need better instructions call the Springer shop and ask. I just took a bastard file and took a few swipes off at a time checking the follower moves freely.

Ok, thanks. I did call them and the two solutions they gave were to bend the front of the spring upward and/or use the stock followers. They also said if that doesn't work to send them back and they would "make it right", which is cool. 

Result: The filing didn't solve the problem and using the stock followers made it a bit better. I'm able to get 23 rounds in the magazine using the Grams springs. Maybe I should use the stock springs?

Edited by telligentgunner

Awesome gun, just picked up my TSO last week. It seems I have one of the “updated” ones, with a test fire date of 8OCT2018. First major gun purchase I’ve made, and decided to make the switch to Limited Major since mag/gear restrictions and minor scoring irritate me lol. Anyway, this thing is freaking awesome, I’ve never held or shot anything so accurate before.

Maybe some of you guys could confirm, but it seems I have the “older” Czechmate-style frame and need that holster block from DAA? Interesting that it’s the newer one but seems to have the original frame.
ccdfa831a4b9e2be8a4e81977ae761a1.jpg

Congrats on the fine purchase. The TSO always brings a smile to my face when I shoot it. 

You indeed have the newer design/update.    Not sure why CZ went back to the older style trigger guard while still spending the effort to provide the improved (finer) checkering on the grip. If you are using the DAA holster block you’ll need the TS/CM one, rather than the TSO one. 

@tacomandood, I just noticed that the pic you posted has 5 mags.  Did they all come with your TSO, or were the two without black base pads yours already?

Edited by muncie21

[mention=70552]tacomandood[/mention], I just noticed that the pic you posted has 5 mags.  Did they all come with your TSO, or were the two without black base pads yours already?

I actually made a sweet deal with someone selling on GB. He said he was going to switch to Limited, but I guess he quickly decided not to because the gun was still unfired (except from the factory).

Ended up getting 9 mags total with it for basically the cost of the gun new, plus it was the updated model so I had no choice but to buy. At least, that’s what I told my wife lol.

2 minutes ago, tacomandood said:

I actually made a sweet deal with someone selling on GB. He said he was going to switch to Limited, but I guess he quickly decided not to because the gun was still unfired (except from the factory).

Ended up getting 9 mags total with it for basically the cost of the gun new, plus it was the updated model so I had no choice but to buy. At least, that’s what I told my wife lol.

Congrats! Sounds like one heck of a deal.  Hope you are able to put it to good use this next season.

Thanks! I was hesitant to buy it since I’m a very new shooter to the sport. I’ve been shooting about 50%-65% classifiers and overall match placement for Production so I’m hoping this gun sticks with me all the way to A class and maybe even higher within the next couple years.

Either way, I’ve got a gun that I love shooting now, so whether I’m good or bad it’s still worth the money. Plus, I’ve got no excuses for missing now; even my wife was consistently hitting 6” plates at like 10 yards, and normally she couldn’t hit anything to save her life lol.

Is it just me or are others experiencing support hand pain? The base of my thumb pad rests on both the mag release and on the safety.  I know rest it elsewhere dummy. I’m just used to a high support hand grip on my Glocks. How do you guys grip with your support hand? Pics would be helpful?

Is it just me or are others experiencing support hand pain? The base of my thumb pad rests on both the mag release and on the safety.

This one was of the things holding me back from getting a TSO for a bit. The mag release would dig into the meat of my palm/thumb and get painful after just a few minutes of holding and dryfire. The new mag release and extended safety help with this a ton. I’d say go for those parts when they’re available.

What is the notch width in the TSO factory rear sight?  And has that sight been holding up for you all? 
I'm thinking about replacing the kensight rear sight on my TS for one with a narrower notch... 

About 0.12” for the rear gap. A little tight for my preference, at first, but now that I’ve had it a little and had a chance to get used to it I’m starting to like it more.cce310bd1816d527d9f10f8351c63a01.jpg

On 11/25/2018 at 7:29 PM, igolfat8 said:

Is it just me or are others experiencing support hand pain? The base of my thumb pad rests on both the mag release and on the safety.  I know rest it elsewhere dummy. I’m just used to a high support hand grip on my Glocks. How do you guys grip with your support hand? Pics would be helpful?

The old style mag release on the older TSO will do that. I alleviated that by grinding down, drilling and tapping the mag release and installed a shadow 2 pad.

It also helped me after I removed the slide stop and installed just the side stop pin and taped the hole where that slide release once was.

my problem isnt pain from the mag release but the ease at which it drops the mag. It seems if my palm even brushes it when i shoot the mag drops. Ive grinded it down to not much more than a nub, but still....any suggestions on how to make the mag HARDER to drop?