Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see some pcc's

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

59a8cf11a47c2_NFAWAB.thumb.JPG.a6fbc295b81399e9bb17f95f0debbdee.JPG

Latest iteration, pulled the KAW installed the Wilson Arms (heavy barrel) and Vortex (was a C-More), now its heavy,...may drop the Vortex back to the CMore and lose the Aluminum Magwell and put the Taccom back on  it..not as light as it was for sure, going to shoot it first see how it behaves

11 hours ago, Ofishl1 said:

59a8cf11a47c2_NFAWAB.thumb.JPG.a6fbc295b81399e9bb17f95f0debbdee.JPG

Latest iteration, pulled the KAW installed the Wilson Arms (heavy barrel) and Vortex (was a C-More), now its heavy,...may drop the Vortex back to the CMore and lose the Aluminum Magwell and put the Taccom back on  it..not as light as it was for sure, going to shoot it first see how it behaves

Hello: Being super light is not always the best way to go. It is a balance thing with your buffer setup, loads and what you personally like. Handguards are an easy way to adjust weight by longer or shorter and also comp weights since it is way out there on the end. Anything between the hands doesn't make that much difference to me. Try it out and then you can adjust as needed. Looks good to me. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Being super light is not always the best way to go. It is a balance thing with your buffer setup, loads and what you personally like. Handguards are an easy way to adjust weight by longer or shorter and also comp weights since it is way out there on the end. Anything between the hands doesn't make that much difference to me. Try it out and then you can adjust as needed. Looks good to me. Thanks, Eric

Thanks for yours, yea Im not a small guy so the added weight is not super but noticed going from 6.5 to 7.2lbs..I was turning total times around 112 secs in Steel Challenge with the Cmore, KAW barrel and no Alum magwell combo...that 112 sec time range will be my baseline for eval of any time/ speed or transition increases...may run flatter and quicker!

9 hours ago, Ofishl1 said:

Thanks for yours, yea Im not a small guy so the added weight is not super but noticed going from 6.5 to 7.2lbs..I was turning total times around 112 secs in Steel Challenge with the Cmore, KAW barrel and no Alum magwell combo...that 112 sec time range will be my baseline for eval of any time/ speed or transition increases...may run flatter and quicker!

I see you (ACR) and a few others use the MFT Minimalist to drop a few ozs... is that adjustable or fixed?

Edited by Ofishl1

Finally got my tax stamp after waiting 9 months, so I got to finish my latest creation. 6 pounds, 2 ounces all up.

Gunpoint Colt pattern billet lower

VLTOR upper

10" JP barrel

7 1/2" UTG Pro Keymod handguard

C-More 8 MOA Railway

Spinta bolt

Polished CMMG trigger with light JP springs, just under 3 pounds

Radian Talon 45 degree ambi safety

Radian Raptor ambi charging handle

Ergo grip

Magpul MOE stock

Taccom comp

59ad52c9c81bb_Lsmall.thumb.jpg.fa6c4eb9abc2f5110fc5940f55a1d429.jpg59ad52d24a97e_Rsmall.thumb.jpg.05a5daad397a57286786bba4f0311d00.jpg

Got my G-Block from Tork Mag last week and installed it in a Seekins registered SBR lower.  8.3" barrel, JP Enterprises bolt and captured spring buffer system.  Hand cycled ammo through it with no problems then shot it yesterday for the first time.  This thing works perfect!  Next we'll see how it does in PCC division in USPSA matches.  

IMG_1291.JPG