Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see some pcc's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a picture of PCC number 3. Still building with weight in mind. Anticipate this one coming in at 5 pounds 8 ounces.

Haven't completely decided as to a barrel configuration, but at the moment am leaning toward a 10.5 inch with linear comp. This set-up would require a tax stamp.

An alternative would be an extension with a welded over pin although it would be heavier. No hand guard on either one. 

IMG_0775.JPG

42 minutes ago, MikieM said:

...Haven't completely decided as to a barrel configuration, but at the moment am leaning toward a 10.5 inch with linear comp. This set-up would require a tax stamp.

An alternative would be an extension with a welded over pin although it would be heavier. No hand guard on either one. 

I have built 3 linear comps for 10.5 barrels.  Two started out as solid aluminum rods and one was an aluminum tube with solid ends welded on.  Very easy to drill a hole, drop in a pin and weld over it.  I am happy how they all came out.  I have a CMMG Guard 8 inch barrel coming that I am going to make 16 inches with a linear comp.

I believe you can find 6 inch linear comps (sometimes listed as fake suppressors) that you can do this to.

15 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

I have built 3 linear comps for 10.5 barrels.  Two started out as solid aluminum rods and one was an aluminum tube with solid ends welded on.  Very easy to drill a hole, drop in a pin and weld over it.  I am happy how they all came out.  I have a CMMG Guard 8 inch barrel coming that I am going to make 16 inches with a linear comp.

I believe you can find 6 inch linear comps (sometimes listed as fake suppressors) that you can do this to.

Thanks, Bart. Good info.

43 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

Here are two:

Scott comp resized.jpg

Bart comp_resized.jpg

1 hour ago, Flatland Shooter said:

A comment on your second picture.  Its quite unusual and I like the unusual.  Very nice.

Thanks.  That was milled from the aluminum round bar stock.  You can do a lot with the outside when you use a bar.

My next one will be for my 8" Guard barrel, so about 2 inches longer.  I will post a picture before I put on the hand guard because it will be different yet.  I like the unusual too and these linear comps give me a chance to be a little creative.

9 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Odin Works Zulu 2.0 stock

Correct.  It has an additional buffer spring in it so if you are running a hydraulic style buffer, it might not work.  Odin shows that they are currently out of stock.  Google search turned up one in red at one of their distributors.

I understand that this is Brian Enos' forum which automatically makes it a gamer as opposed to a shtf forum which is great. I used to be a gamer until age and health slowed me down. Now I'm just a CAS, zombie and Wild Bunch shooter. Looking at this thread there are a lot of sharp looking PCCs though they look more like PCRs (pistol caliber rifles) to me. But it appears that 9mm is the only way to go. I built my PCCs before they became so popular and not having a 9 or .40 to my name but a safe full of .45s, my carbines are naturally .45. The uppers are DPMS slickside with Olympic Arms bbls and bolts. The lowers are CNC .45 greasegun mag dedicated lowers. I never liked the ar charging handle so I created a forward charging handle for my first build which is also a 12 inch bbl sbr. I then did my AR Thompson and last year I did a AR MP5 9 inch bbl which is my favorite. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Baltimoreed

Just finished this project. Functioned 100% and very accurate. Used an old mil-spec trigger, but plan on something nicer in the near future. The big surprise for me was how much I like the SIG Romeo 5X. If it holds up over time it will be a winner. I tried a mild "Battle worn" finish to the ceracoat. It actually looks better in person than in the pictures. Drilled out an old Miculek comp I had. Overall it balances and shoots remarkably well. After reading all the posts about weight, recoil, sight movement etc, I was expecting the worst. It is remarkably smooth and flat shooting as is. I will probably play around with the bolt/buffer a little just to try to tune it a little. Probably for no other reason than curiosity.

IMG_E4082.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was running this 16" PSA upper on an AR15 lower with a TorkMag G-Block for a while, but reloads were always a little slow with that setup.  I got a good deal on a PSA gen 3 lower during the week of SHOT Show (thanks @wyliearms) and picked up the lower on Friday.  I added some Magpul parts that I had laying around, a TACCOM 3-stage buffer system, a Hiperfire 24 3G trigger, a comp from BBBest on eBay, some Taylor Freelance +12 extensions on Glock 33rd mags, and topped it with a Vortex Razor 3MOA red dot on an ADM riser.  I ordered an Odin extended mag release and I'm going to get a mag well from @bmiller once he verifies fitment on the gen 3 lower.  So far I'm pretty happy with how it shoots with the 3-stage buffer and 130PF 124gr bullets.

IMG_1976.jpg

• 2 weeks later...