Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mksm2016 said:

Thanks for sharing that info. I always wanted to check this out besides AR Gold.

NP. Funny what one can find late at night on the internet. I read a lot of issues with AR/SR Gold in a PCC, so I went with the Hiperfire. 

Edited by RigPig

Wish I would have found that code about three days ago.  I ordered the Hiperfire 24 Eclipse trigger.  I received it today and just installed it. I fired 19 rounds through it to test function.  I think it's going to be a keeper.  No creep at all and very short reset.  I think it is going to help with split times.  Going to take some practice to get use to the fact that there is no take up at all.

36 minutes ago, 11287 said:

Wish I would have found that code about three days ago.  I ordered the Hiperfire 24 Eclipse trigger.  I received it today and just installed it. I fired 19 rounds through it to test function.  I think it's going to be a keeper.  No creep at all and very short reset.  I think it is going to help with split times.  Going to take some practice to get use to the fact that there is no take up at all.

I'm definitely going to have a learning curve, I use a Geissele Hi-Speed National Match in my main 3-Gun, and will be installing the 24c in it and my PCC, as most of the matches I shoot any more are bay-type matches.

Hello: So everyone that installed a Hiperfire 24C in there PCC has not had any problems at all? It seems that some other triggers are working and some are not in other rifles. I had my new 2lb Jard trigger not reset 4 times in the match today that was over 200 rounds or so. Going to do some more adjusting on it and see how it goes. My other Jard trigger has been 100% in the other lower with a conversion block. Thanks, Eric

I ran over 100 rounds today through my new Hiperfire Eclipse.  I'm liking it.!!!!!   After I got back from the range, I found a new Blitzkrieg Components 9mm Hydraulic buffer in the mail box.  Can't wait to try out everything tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: So everyone that installed a Hiperfire 24C in there PCC has not had any problems at all? It seems that some other triggers are working and some are not in other rifles. I had my new 2lb Jard trigger not reset 4 times in the match today that was over 200 rounds or so. Going to do some more adjusting on it and see how it goes. My other Jard trigger has been 100% in the other lower with a conversion block. Thanks, Eric

At the rate I'm practicing, if the weather holds up I'll have over 1000 rd through my PCC since I installed the Hiperfire 24C.  Not a single problem with the trigger or anything else during that whole time.

I did not throat the barrel at this point and my current load is 3.1 gr N320 under 147 gr Xtreme plated RN bullets  at 1.085" OAL.  I've only checked the accuracy with a C-more red dot at typical USPSA distances.  I plan on mounting a Burris MTAC in the near future and see how it does at longer distances.

I'm very happy with the whole package.

7 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

At the rate I'm practicing, if the weather holds up I'll have over 1000 rd through my PCC since I installed the Hiperfire 24C.  Not a single problem with the trigger or anything else during that whole time.

I did not throat the barrel at this point and my current load is 3.1 gr N320 under 147 gr Xtreme plated RN bullets  at 1.085" OAL.  I've only checked the accuracy with a C-more red dot at typical USPSA distances.  I plan on mounting a Burris MTAC in the near future and see how it does at longer distances.

I'm very happy with the whole package.

Good to hear. I got blocked on my 24c goodness by the weather yesterday. Ice storm kept the USPS truck from making it to my rural post office in time to get delivery out yesterday morning. Now, with MLK, it'll be Tuesday before I can put hands on one for myself. 

Hello: I think I finally have my Jard adjustable trigger sorted out. It seems it does not like one of my upper receivers. The other two work fine not giving any reset problems over 120 rounds. That same upper was causing the Raptor charging handle to rub on the bolt. Funny thing is it works fine when the upper was in 223 setup. I guess I'll put the 223 barrel back on that upper receiver. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, wgj3 said:

I'm running an ELF skeletonized in my "homemade" 9mm with Spinta bolt and Runner-Runner guns (really N.F.A. it appears) lower and its pretty great. About 400rds through it so far.

The problem I had with the ELF was if the trigger wasn't pinned hard to the rear the hammer would follow. I could put light to medium pressure on the trigger while cycling the bolt and the hammer would follow. Hard pressure it was 100%

On 1/14/2017 at 7:17 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

I have the Hiperfire 24Cs in both of my ASA carbines, and they are working flawlessly.  

Hello: You guys are killing me! I had a rule not to pay more than $150 for an AR trigger. Well I broke that rule last night when I ordered a Hiperfire 24C to try. So I guess the new rule will be not more than $200 now. Inflation and all of that I guess. I'll keep you all posted on how I like it. Thanks, Eric

I got my 24Cs installed yesterday evening and I think I have a new favorite trigger. I took the PCC out and ran 3 mags through it without issue. Both triggers are very consistent, I set them up with the heaviest hammer assist springs for the lightest pull, and set the pad on the second notch from bottom to get the lowest trigger pull weight along with minimal creep, and my PCC yields a 2.8oz trigger pull while my .223 yields a 2.6oz trigger pull, as measured with a Lyman digital gauge. The variation on both was +/-0.2oz. I did notice slightly more creep in my PCC than the one in my .223, which may or may not be variances in the lower, as both are NFA billet lowers. I might swap the triggers around and see if that makes a difference. My only beef with the trigger is the mold flashing down the middle of the polymer trigger pad. One extra step during manufacturing to remove that would be great. Guess I'll whip out the dremel this weekend and see what I can't tear up.

37 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: You guys are killing me! I had a rule not to pay more than $150 for an AR trigger. Well I broke that rule last night when I ordered a Hiperfire 24C to try. So I guess the new rule will be not more than $200 now. Inflation and all of that I guess. I'll keep you all posted on how I like it. Thanks, Eric

$200 is a good rule of thumb for a trigger. There are a lot of great sub-$200 triggers. Not much at the sub-$150 price point.

2 hours ago, RigPig said:

I got my 24Cs installed yesterday evening and I think I have a new favorite trigger. I took the PCC out and ran 3 mags through it without issue. Both triggers are very consistent, I set them up with the heaviest hammer assist springs for the lightest pull, and set the pad on the second notch from bottom to get the lowest trigger pull weight along with minimal creep, and my PCC yields a 2.8oz trigger pull while my .223 yields a 2.6oz trigger pull, as measured with a Lyman digital gauge. The variation on both was +/-0.2oz. I did notice slightly more creep in my PCC than the one in my .223, which may or may not be variances in the lower, as both are NFA billet lowers. I might swap the triggers around and see if that makes a difference. My only beef with the trigger is the mold flashing down the middle of the polymer trigger pad. One extra step during manufacturing to remove that would be great. Guess I'll whip out the dremel this weekend and see what I can't tear up.

Is that 2.8 oz or 2lbs 8 oz 

my old bench rest guns trigger was heavier than that

2 minutes ago, rishii said:

Is that 2.8 oz or 2lbs 8 oz 

my old bench rest guns trigger was heavier than that

Sorry for the mistake, they were 2lbs 8oz and 2lb 6oz, respectively. Thanks for catching that. 

ETA: the pull weight could be reduced a little further by sliding the trigger pad down to the last notch (Hiperfire claims 2lbs), but it has the slightest creep. I went with the second notch up to take out the perceived creep.

Edited by RigPig
3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Now you are screwed.  Its like Lays potato chips, you can't stop with just one.

I'm sure there are other triggers just as good as the Hiperfire 24C and possibly some better.  My transition went from mil-spec to polished mil-spec to CMC finally to Hiperfire.  To my uneducated trigger finger, each step was a good improvement.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: Well still having trigger follow problems with my Quarter Circle 10 Colt lower. The Jard 2lb and the CMC flat single stage don't reset all the time. I have a Hiperfire 24C coming this week so will see how that goes. Funny thing is the Jard and CMC both worked very well in my AR15 lower with the Hahn insert. I guess as they say everyone is different. Thanks, Eric