Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Chip3 said:

I just built a GMR-13 in their rifle builder and it gives you then option of their standard trigger or the Armageddon trigger. That leads me to believe that it should be compatible.

Yes the Armageddon trigger works in the JP GMR-13. I have shot both the JP standard and JP Roller and prefer the standard trigger, but my preference is for curved triggers and not straight triggers. Folks that like straight triggers might prefer the Armageddon. 

I'm a big fan of the JP standard trigger in my JP lower, very clean single stage with a nice short reset. I also know the JP has been used for thousands and thousands of rounds and won't start randomly doubling or going full auto. And it was only a ~$150 upgrade with the lower anyways. 

On 10/16/2016 at 4:26 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

I'll watch this one closely.

I got my PSA 9mm lower several weeks ago.  The trigger is not bad if you like a 9# trigger with lots of gritty creep.   I put some trigger slick on it with some improvement but decided to go ahead and order a Hiperfire 24C.

I read somewhere that this trigger does work with 9mm AR carbines.

I am using 24 C in my CMMG MK9.  No issues.  Really like it.  I did remove the trigger shoe off it and just shoot it with the flat blade - personal preference.

On 10/16/2016 at 4:26 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

I'll watch this one closely.

I got my PSA 9mm lower several weeks ago.  The trigger is not bad if you like a 9# trigger with lots of gritty creep.   I put some trigger slick on it with some improvement but decided to go ahead and order a Hiperfire 24C.

I read somewhere that this trigger does work with 9mm AR carbines.

I am using 24 C in my CMMG MK9.  No issues.  Really like it.  I did remove the trigger shoe off it and just shoot it with the flat blade - personal preference.

• 1 month later...

Many drop in triggers have hammers that are too short and don't come to rest on the bolt above the firing pin. On the NFA bolt there is very little material below the firing pin and the hammers will tear this area up. Check the length of your drop in next to a standard trigger.  Rock Rivers and Geissle are too short. Resting on the firing pin contributes to short firing pin life. The Jard are long but I don't know if all the adjustment screws will stay in place. Using on now. Will see.

Yes the Armageddon trigger works in the JP GMR-13. I have shot both the JP standard and JP Roller and prefer the standard trigger, but my preference is for curved triggers and not straight triggers. Folks that like straight triggers might prefer the Armageddon. 

I'm a big fan of the JP standard trigger in my JP lower, very clean single stage with a nice short reset. I also know the JP has been used for thousands and thousands of rounds and won't start randomly doubling or going full auto. And it was only a ~$150 upgrade with the lower anyways. 

I've shot both and prefer the flat. I wouldn't poo-poo their stock it's great but I don't even feel the Armageddon when shooting steel

I'm going to try out one of these new TriggerTech triggers......in the 3.5# straight flavor.

So far......looks and feels like a very nice trigger......and MSRP is low.

www.IronCityRifle.com has them in stock

Tim

My MPX had a horrible trigger, I emailed Geisselle about the MPX trigger and this was their response:

"Thank you for contacting us.  Please keep in mind our triggers are designed for the AR-15 MIL-SPEC 5.56 platform and unfortunately we have not tested them in the SIG MPX platform.  Customers have had success with our AR-15  triggers in the MPX and we would recommend a 2 stage G2S, SSA or SSA-E over a 3 Gun trigger due to the longer sear engagement and the better chance of the hammer resetting because the bolt on the MPX comes back more violently then a buffered AR15.  Have a great day and please let us know if we can further assist you."

I installed the adjustable trigger tech trigger in my carbine. Haven't live fired yet but everything is running in dry fire. Switched from the ELF which would hammer follow if the trigger wasn't firmly pinned to the rear through the entire firing cycle. Caused a dead trigger many times and the gun to double once. Too bad because that trigger is the best AR trigger I have ever pulled.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have a timney 3lb competition in my 9mm AR and love it.
They told me not to use their single stage triggers in my mpx so I dropped a geisslie in that I got on black Friday. It's the Brownells version of their 3gun trigger. This is night and day better than the stock mpx, we will see how it holds up.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:59 AM, cking said:

Many drop in triggers have hammers that are too short and don't come to rest on the bolt above the firing pin. On the NFA bolt there is very little material below the firing pin and the hammers will tear this area up. Check the length of your drop in next to a standard trigger. 

Catching up reading on old posts and came across this one.  

My PSA Hybrid bolt also has little material below the firing pin.  Compared the length of the Hiperfire 24C and the PSA hammer that came with the lower.  They are almost identical in length.  

Hopefully that means all is well.