Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yikes! What did I buy?

wheelie66

3 hours ago, wheelie66 said:

Model 14-2 that someone molested. However at $300 out the door I could not leave it behind. The nickel and gold plating are of decent quality, just not sure why someone would do this. Any thoughts?

image.jpeg

Those grips would have to go.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/s-w-k-l-checkered-walnut-grips-with-medallion.html?___SID=U

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, wheelie66 said:

Model 14-2 that someone molested. However at $300 out the door I could not leave it behind. The nickel and gold plating are of decent quality, just not sure why someone would do this. Any thoughts?

I could have left it behind. No problem at all...

There was a shop in my home town that specialized in this sort of thing.  Nickel and gold, nickel and blue, blue and gold.  I don't recall a three-tone but I am sure they could have done one on request.  They did masking that let them deliver a blue cylinder with the flutes in gold.

As long as the plating buildup is not so thick as to affect function, you got a DEAL if you like or at least don't mind the shine.

S&W offered the Model 14 with a Nickel finish, they are somewhat rare, this could be one of them. The gold washed Hammer ,Trigger and cylinder release are (something else)!  Nice Buy.

b

On 8/16/2016 at 0:39 PM, wheelie66 said:

It belonged to a 1970s pimp?

I would've made them throw in feather hat & velour outfit.

Edited by FWSixgunner

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:25 PM, jhgtyre said:

I  think you need a matching rifle but for $300 I would have been tempted too :)

ak47.jpg

One of the guys I work with was there when this gun was found, he got to take it down and clean it, and get it ready for shipment back to the states, were it sits in the CB museum. he has some nice pictures of a few others that were found at the same time.

Edited by fishhunter3
can't type

4 hours ago, wheelie66 said:

I didn't think of Nitrate. No idea how long ago this was done. It is not a factory Nickel gun unfortunately.

Bumper chrome.  Looks like one of the prize guns from Second Chance.  

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, jrswanson1 said:

The better question is, how does it shoot?  Everything else is superfluous.

Absolutely.  The most accurate revolver I ever shot was a buddy's S&W M14 back when we were in college.  Awesome gun with 148 grain HBWC and 2.7 grains of Bullseye.  Awesome.