Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC options

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On June 11, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Rangerdug said:

I have the JP, I absolutely love it. I have shot the MPX and it would be my second choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both a JP GMR-13 and MPX in 9MM.  The JP in my opinion shoot's much smoother better dot control, & the glock mags are a huge + with TF pads holds 40 rounds how much better can it get. Shot 10 matches with JP with no failures and made top B in PCC.  I also tried Steel Challenge with a M&P 22 Rimfire Rifle Open had far too many FTF kept blaming on ammo, bought a JP 22R 14.5"barrel (like it so much attached a picture) put a scope on it yes a SCOPE everyone said you can't shoot SC and be competitive with a scope and a very HEAVY scope at that, IT DOES HAVE A DOT.. Shot same ammo that was giving the other 22 problems runs great with only one failure to go bang in apps 2000 rounds of RemGolden Bullet. Made A class in 7 matches and contribute that to the JP running flawlessly I have watched many good shooters struggle with 9mm & 22's if you can't make it thru a stage with out a malfunctions you loose. I have no affiliation with JPIMG_3990 copy.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Put my hands on a Wilson Combat 9 AR. It was sweet! I was surprised at how flat it shot. This was the glock mag version. Seemed to have issues with the California 10rd mags, but functioned just fine with the standard capacity mags. The only issue I had with the rifle was the trigger. They were using a 2 stage trigger. While it was nice, it was prone to trigger freeze if you weren't used to it. Both my buddy and I had issues with trigger freeze. The WC people said they had something in the works, but that the 2 stage trigger proved to be the most reliable with the blowback function of the 9mm. 

Edited by v1911
Typo
3 hours ago, e-mishka said:

Is CAA Roni Carbine a viable option? I do have a glock 17 and mags already

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/29/review-caa-roni-civilian-pistol-carbine-conversion-non-nfa/

Have you looked into the mech tech conversions yet? I have one that I've ran all season without any issues. And having the mags and pistol already make it a bonus. 

http://mechtechsys.com/glock-carbine-conversion/

• 2 weeks later...

my budget build started with a New Frontier Glock billet complete lower and modular bolt... Aero Precision upper, YHM fore end, and barrel from MAS defense... I replaced the carbine stock with an A1 I had lying around....other than breaking the firing pin early, it has run flawlessly... fooling with heavy buffer and .308 spring caused some barrel breech damage, so am now back to a 5.2oz buffer and stock spring ... the SPARC has been replaced with a Spitfire 1x

Edited by Les Snyder
  • 1 month later...
I just bought an ATI mil sport 9mm. It runs like a top so far. I intentionally fed it mixed mags of HP and RN with mixed OAL. It ran with zero malfunctions.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Does the bolt lock back on an empty mag?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Ruger PC9, ATI Milsport and a few CZ Scorpions. I shoot the ATI and the Scorpions the most.

I just got the ATI Milsport and After a few part swaps I love it. At first the twang of the buffer spring and the slamming of the bolt really had me questioning the whole PCC AR thing, but after swapping to a JP silent captured spring and a better trigger, I love it. It runs everything I have in round nose 9mm ammo- 115gr, 125gr, 147gr, and 160gr that really whack spinners pretty well. I'm going to get a longer handguard so I can reach out a bit more, and eventually the side-charging upper receiver, but otherwise this thing is pretty sweet now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 9/29/2016 at 0:41 PM, e-mishka said:

Is CAA Roni Carbine a viable option? I do have a glock 17 and mags already

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/29/review-caa-roni-civilian-pistol-carbine-conversion-non-nfa/

I have one and the way the barrel moves with just the way you squeeze the grip of the glock? the 16 inch barrel flips around with no support. I am getting good groups now I made a couple little modifications. Now I love it. 27 inches over all, It feels so much more solid in the shoulder, grip hand and the support hand. and with glock 33 round mags it is just awesome fun

roni2%20001_zpszuvem2al.jpg

Edited by usmc1974
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, T.McDevitt said:

I have both a JP GMR-13 and MPX in 9MM.  The JP in my opinion shoot's much smoother better dot control, & the glock mags are a huge + with TF pads holds 40 rounds how much better can it get. Shot 10 matches with JP with no failures and made top B in PCC.  I also tried Steel Challenge with a M&P 22 Rimfire Rifle Open had far too many FTF kept blaming on ammo, bought a JP 22R 14.5"barrel (like it so much attached a picture) put a scope on it yes a SCOPE everyone said you can't shoot SC and be competitive with a scope and a very HEAVY scope at that, IT DOES HAVE A DOT.. Shot same ammo that was giving the other 22 problems runs great with only one failure to go bang in apps 2000 rounds of RemGolden Bullet. Made A class in 7 matches and contribute that to the JP running flawlessly I have watched many good shooters struggle with 9mm & 22's if you can't make it thru a stage with out a malfunctions you loose. I have no affiliation with JPIMG_3990 copy.JPG

My PCC and RFRO rifles all sport C-Mores. I am at Master in PCCO and at Master in RFRO although I am 3.5% away from GM in RFRO. Oh year I am 69 YO also. I would never put a scope on anything I wanted to shoot both eyes open with.

PCC9-1As.jpg

10-22A.jpg

On June 19, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Scrmblr said:

I have a Kriss Vector 9mm carbine that I'll be using for PCC. It uses Glock mags and is very accurate. The Gen 2 Vectors seem to not have any of the problems the Gen 1's had. Some of my friends are picking up ATI AR 9mm carbines to use. We'll see how we do!

Any update on how the Kriss worked out for PCC?  Wondering about mag changes, do the mags drop free?  Likes, dislikes?

I've shot a borrowed one in Steel competition and thought it was a good start but was told at the time (by a Kriss rep) that an upgraded version with a real forearm (rather than barrel sleeve) was in the pipeline.  I haven't checked back but I'd keep an eye out for that upgrade before I'd get the current version, though I believe the forearm might already be an aftermarket item.   Yes mags dropped free but since it was only steel I couldn't comment on more than that. 

1 hour ago, jkrispies said:

I've shot a borrowed one in Steel competition and thought it was a good start but was told at the time (by a Kriss rep) that an upgraded version with a real forearm (rather than barrel sleeve) was in the pipeline.  I haven't checked back but I'd keep an eye out for that upgrade before I'd get the current version, though I believe the forearm might already be an aftermarket item.   Yes mags dropped free but since it was only steel I couldn't comment on more than that. 

Thanks!!  I've been going through the same motions as others trying to determine the best fit for PCC and there's limited content about the Kriss.