Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC options

can someone point me to the sig extension options? pm me if that is better. thx.

once i touched a sig MPX blow back AR9mm are a thing of the past for me. i have sold all mine. i have used BCP, NFA, QC10, lone wolf and a couple other SMG versions.....there are no "issues" with the mpx, like th ar9 have.....no broken bolt release, no special buffers needed. no heavy buffer/bolt banging around increasing felt recoil etc etc.

my mpx does not like my 147 grain sub rounds (non suppressed) outta the 16 inch carbine. some AE 147 run, other aftermarket 147 do not run. i have been running 115 now. nice and flat. 1400-1475fps with 4.8 of titegroup. i bought 5-6K 124 so i will load them up next.

The Gen 2 MPX is under gassed for light loads, like Minor PF and some subsonic, especially the heavier bullets. My Gen 2 would not cycle my Minor PF reloads (130ish) that I use in Production. I had the gas port opened up to .060" and now it runs like a top.....

Waiting on the SBR stamp so I can actually fire it from my shoulder...... :angry2:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all in on a SIG MPX for $2264:

Gun + 3 additional 30 rd mags + 2 Blade -Tec mag pouches = $1476

2 SP mag extensions = $75

SIG Romeo 4B sight = $210

KAK stock adapter =$45

Geissele Rapid Fire Trigger (B-GRF)= $169

KM panels, hand stop, grip, butstock, Misc = $169

2 additional 20 rd mags + $120

Mine runs 100% with both loads I have tried:

125gr MG JHP + 5.4 gr 3n37 = 1135fps

125gr MG JHP + 5.6 gr n340 = 1245fps

I have used Blow back 9mm AR’s in the past, it was not even an option, locked breach or nothing for me.

I've also got the mpx and I really like it. The ammo issue may have started with me personally. I was running some freedom munitions 9mm for USPSA and 3 gun. Damn thing would not cycle it. I tried 124g and 147g and got no where. Then I tried Arms Core, Winchester, Aguila, and some junk steel ammo and it all worked fine. From a function stand point it's awesome. Minimal recoil and I put a Geissele 3 gun trigger in it. Once I get my stamp I'm going to play with it in PCC.

I've also got the mpx and I really like it. The ammo issue may have started with me personally. I was running some freedom munitions 9mm for USPSA and 3 gun. Damn thing would not cycle it. I tried 124g and 147g and got no where. Then I tried Arms Core, Winchester, Aguila, and some junk steel ammo and it all worked fine. From a function stand point it's awesome. Minimal recoil and I put a Geissele 3 gun trigger in it. Once I get my stamp I'm going to play with it in PCC.

Were you using like Gen mags in your MPX? I had some issues with the 125gr MG JHP + 5.4 gr 3n37 at 1035fps in Gen1 mags and a Gen 2 gun. Shortend the OAL that bumped me to 1135fps and traded the Gen1 mags for Gen 2's no issues now.

can someone point me to the sig extension options? pm me if that is better. thx.

For the extensions: http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=355&categoryId=45

Another version may be available soon for coupling magazines. More details when I get them.

To echo what has been said regarding the MPX, the gas port on the Gen1 is a bit larger than the Gen2. I can easily run my 147gr or 124 gr production loads in my Gen1 and have never had any issues.

The Gen2s seem to need a bit heavier load. Taylor Pickerell has been opening up Gen2 gas ports if you want to run loads that are a bit lighter.

I run the stock short in mine and the C-More all the way to the front of the upper rail. Cheek weld is fine and just the proper height for a C-More with no riser under it. I wanted the heavier alloy SMG type stock so as to move the weight towards my shoulder and make the barrel end much lighter in balance so as to aid in faster transitions in Steel Challenge. I run my +5 basepad Glock mags loaded to 10 rounds in SC and my 4 33 rd mags in USPSA and outlaw steel matches. The balance is so good my Master level percentage in SC in RFRO is 89.54% and my PCCO Master with the AR-9 is now 88.08% in spite of the fact the rimfire weighs about 1/2 as much.

I run the stock short in mine and the C-More all the way to the front of the upper rail. Cheek weld is fine and just the proper height for a C-More with no riser under it. I wanted the heavier alloy SMG type stock so as to move the weight towards my shoulder and make the barrel end much lighter in balance so as to aid in faster transitions in Steel Challenge. I run my +5 basepad Glock mags loaded to 10 rounds in SC and my 4 33 rd mags in USPSA and outlaw steel matches. The balance is so good my Master level percentage in SC in RFRO is 89.54% and my PCCO Master with the AR-9 is now 88.08% in spite of the fact the rimfire weighs about 1/2 as much.

Sweet! Thanks!

I have a question about the JP GMR - 13. Can the hand guard be swapped with another AR hand guard ? I'm a huge fan of how the JP shoots, I just want to lighten one up with a different hand guard and stock and am unfamiliar with the hand guard mounting system.

I have a question about the JP GMR - 13. Can the hand guard be swapped with another AR hand guard ? I'm a huge fan of how the JP shoots, I just want to lighten one up with a different hand guard and stock and am unfamiliar with the hand guard mounting system.

yes, you can. If you have experience with AR's not too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 16" will be easier, since the 14.5" has a pinned/welded comp.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 3:35 PM, freshrider said:

The 16" will be easier, since the 14.5" has a pinned/welded comp.

On a blowback gun it shouldn't be any different. The issue with pinned/welded brakes on standard ARs isn't the barrel nut or handguard, it is the gas block. Typically the barrel nut will not fit over the gas block or front sight base, so the muzzle device traps the gas block/FSB and that traps the barrel nut.

No gas block on blowback gun like the GMR 13, so no problem.

On 8/26/2016 at 4:43 PM, MikeRush said:

On a blowback gun it shouldn't be any different. The issue with pinned/welded brakes on standard ARs isn't the barrel nut or handguard, it is the gas block. Typically the barrel nut will not fit over the gas block or front sight base, so the muzzle device traps the gas block/FSB and that traps the barrel nut.

No gas block on blowback gun like the GMR 13, so no problem.

+1
I found out the other night that barrel nuts will fit fine over JPs bigger of their two 9mm brakes.