Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC options

Where did you hear that the Mpx can be finicky with ammo? I just ran all my junk ammo in mine that I've loaded like 5 years ago and it ran like a champ. $50 dollars per 30 round mag is expensive? My big sticks on my 2011 cost me 200 and they only hold 29...

Oh btw my Mpx made it it 2060ish rounds without being cleaned. It didn't stop working but I had trouble hand ejecting the round when unloading and showing clear. So not bad.

So Doc, are we talking about 2011's or PCC's;) Now, speaking only about polymer magazines $60 is a lot. Especially for a one trick pony. Knowing that most own a Glock of some form. having magazines that are multiple use and easy to come by is a benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoo you open gun shooter... also paying $35 for a 33 round glock mag + $40 on a TTI Basepad is more cost beneficial :ph34r:

You're right: $35+$40= $75 no value

Compared to: $60+$35(springer)= $95 (Excluding shipping) is an amazing value especially when you try to use them in your 320 or 226 or 229.

Seriously though form competition side, load out I am going to run a 30+ in the gun and 17mags (even a 19mag) on my belt. In the pouches I already have from shooting Glocks. That is advantage to Glock mag guns(JP and Lone Wolff) over the MPX. You know I like the MPX, I just hate SIG and their mags(mainly the price of both. Though I will say I like MPX over MP5 hands down.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you hear that the Mpx can be finicky with ammo? I just ran all my junk ammo in mine that I've loaded like 5 years ago and it ran like a champ. $50 dollars per 30 round mag is expensive? My big sticks on my 2011 cost me 200 and they only hold 29...

Oh btw my Mpx made it it 2060ish rounds without being cleaned. It didn't stop working but I had trouble hand ejecting the round when unloading and showing clear. So not bad.

So Doc, are we talking about 2011's or PCC's;) Now, speaking only about polymer magazines $60 is a lot. Especially for a one trick pony. Knowing that most own a Glock of some form. having magazines that are multiple use and easy to come by is a benefit.

Shoo you open gun shooter... also paying $35 for a 33 round glock mag + $40 on a TTI Basepad is more cost beneficial :ph34r:

You're right: $35+$40= $75 no value

Compared to: $60+$35(springer)= $95 (Excluding shipping) is an amazing value especially when you try to use them in your 320 or 226 or 229.

Seriously though form competition side, load out I am going to run a 30+ in the gun and 17mags (even a 19mag) on my belt. In the pouches I already have from shooting Glocks. That is advantage to Glock mag guns(JP and Lone Wolff) over the MPX. You know I like the MPX, I just hate SIG and their mags(mainly the price of both. Though I will say I like MPX over MP5 hands down.

Or you could just buy ETS 31 round mags and put some cheap 2 round extensions on them and call it good for around $25 and have more than enough for nearly all legal USPSA stages.

For Colt mag 9mm ARs are there any good quality mags available that hold more than 32 rounds or can mag extensions be added to the Metalform or other SMG mags?

I used to have a Colt and an RRA that used UZI and Colt mags. I believe 32 is the most and no extensions.

Pat

Thanks. That could be a disadvantage for choosing that platform for 32 round stages with steel. I was thinking about getting a Colt mag AR since I've been having nothing but problems with my Glock mag AR, but don't like the idea of being limited to a max of 32 round mags.

https://www.xproducts.com/9mm-ar-15-drum

Holy break the bank Batman!

For Colt mag 9mm ARs are there any good quality mags available that hold more than 32 rounds or can mag extensions be added to the Metalform or other SMG mags?

I used to have a Colt and an RRA that used UZI and Colt mags. I believe 32 is the most and no extensions.

Pat

Thanks. That could be a disadvantage for choosing that platform for 32 round stages with steel. I was thinking about getting a Colt mag AR since I've been having nothing but problems with my Glock mag AR, but don't like the idea of being limited to a max of 32 round mags.

Holy break the bank Batman!
No kidding... That thing better never jam at that price.

[

Compared to: $60+$35(springer)=

They are $30 if you buy 5, just sayin!

On a serious note though I probably have what $1800 invested into the gun. That's but a tiny spec compared to the match fees, gas, hotels, and ammo expenses I will incur this year..

Pat

Wow, I guess I should have also added "affordable" to my question :surprise:

[

Compared to: $60+$35(springer)=

They are $30 if you buy 5, just sayin!

On a serious note though I probably have what $1800 invested into the gun. That's but a tiny spec compared to the match fees, gas, hotels, and ammo expenses I will incur this year..

But just think about how many more bullets I can buy with my JP;) and $1800 in your dreams! GUN+SIGHT+MAGAZINES+TAX STAMP= $2,500+

That could be a disadvantage for choosing that platform for 32 round stages with steel. I was thinking about getting a Colt mag AR since I've been having nothing but problems with my Glock mag AR, but don't like the idea of being limited to a max of 32 round mags.

For USPSA, I wouldn't feel under-gunned with 32-round mags. For a stage that long, there should be a number of opportune places to make a single reload.

But it wouldn't be necessary. Looking at just Uzi mags, I've got capacities of 25, 32, 40, 60 (Frankenmag), and 100 Beta Drum.

At one match (non-USPSA), I ran 2 Betas and a 60 in a single stage.

That could be a disadvantage for choosing that platform for 32 round stages with steel. I was thinking about getting a Colt mag AR since I've been having nothing but problems with my Glock mag AR, but don't like the idea of being limited to a max of 32 round mags.

For USPSA, I wouldn't feel under-gunned with 32-round mags. For a stage that long, there should be a number of opportune places to make a single reload.

But it wouldn't be necessary. Looking at just Uzi mags, I've got capacities of 25, 32, 40, 60 (Frankenmag), and 100 Beta Drum.

Interesting, I know nothing about Colt SMG mag ARs. The Uzi mags are exactly the same as SMG mags except you need to cut a new mag catch notch? Is there anyone selling the 40 round mags already modified for an AR?

Interesting, I know nothing about Colt SMG mag ARs. The Uzi mags are exactly the same as SMG mags except you need to cut a new mag catch notch? Is there anyone selling the 40 round mags already modified for an AR?

Affirmative to the notch. They will lack the BHO feature which I am perfectly good with.

I haven't seen any 40s for sale already modified but M60Joe does them relatively cheap unless he doesn't like where you live. Uzi 32s run around 12 bucks... and (will confirm tomorrow) with just a bit of filing they will take readily available extensions for 35.

Anybody with a mill can cut the notch pretty easily, or if you have a dremel it isn't rocket surgery.

The MPX vs JP thing already has a thread. While it is an interesting debate I think the match results should do the talking. Pick one and practice...

I shot an MPX and it was nice. I liked it. I didn't feel like it was worth 2 Colt pattern ARs but that is just one man's opinion.

Hmm, just tried looking up those 40 round Uzi mags and couldn't even find any for sale?

Real UZI 40-rounders are like hens' teeth. I am running Argie FMK-3 mags, which are basically the same thing. I just picked some up in brand-new condition (probably just dropped the once in 1982 :roflol: ) for $40 each HERE. A local guy slots them for $5 a pop.

Hmm, just tried looking up those 40 round Uzi mags and couldn't even find any for sale?

Real UZI 40-rounders are like hens' teeth. I am running Argie FMK-3 mags, which are basically the same thing. I just picked some up in brand-new condition (probably just dropped the once in 1982 :roflol: ) for $40 each HERE. A local guy slots them for $5 a pop.

Cool, thanks. I'm still not sure what I'll do about my PCC. If I decide to get a Colt mag lower I'll pick up a few of these.

I have a Kriss Vector 9mm carbine that I'll be using for PCC. It uses Glock mags and is very accurate. The Gen 2 Vectors seem to not have any of the problems the Gen 1's had. Some of my friends are picking up ATI AR 9mm carbines to use. We'll see how we do!

can someone point me to the sig extension options? pm me if that is better. thx.

once i touched a sig MPX blow back AR9mm are a thing of the past for me. i have sold all mine. i have used BCP, NFA, QC10, lone wolf and a couple other SMG versions.....there are no "issues" with the mpx, like th ar9 have.....no broken bolt release, no special buffers needed. no heavy buffer/bolt banging around increasing felt recoil etc etc.

my mpx does not like my 147 grain sub rounds (non suppressed) outta the 16 inch carbine. some AE 147 run, other aftermarket 147 do not run. i have been running 115 now. nice and flat. 1400-1475fps with 4.8 of titegroup. i bought 5-6K 124 so i will load them up next.

can someone point me to the sig extension options? pm me if that is better. thx.

once i touched a sig MPX blow back AR9mm are a thing of the past for me. i have sold all mine. i have used BCP, NFA, QC10, lone wolf and a couple other SMG versions.....there are no "issues" with the mpx, like th ar9 have.....no broken bolt release, no special buffers needed. no heavy buffer/bolt banging around increasing felt recoil etc etc.

my mpx does not like my 147 grain sub rounds (non suppressed) outta the 16 inch carbine. some AE 147 run, other aftermarket 147 do not run. i have been running 115 now. nice and flat. 1400-1475fps with 4.8 of titegroup. i bought 5-6K 124 so i will load them up next.

Keep us posted on how those 124gr shoot compared to the 115gr. I've shot the 115gr only so far and it was pretty darn good but wondered if 124gr would beat it. 147gr seems like it might be clunky.